Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

The Bible posted:

I mean, cancer sucks but if anyone has the means to get the best treatment possible, it's going to be a royal.

Blows my mind to know that there are Brits who want to abolish the NHS and adopt America's nightmare healthcare system.

Cons are doing a good job destroying Canada's already bruised healthcare. In Ontario we have private healthcare where you pay a few hundred a year just to get access to the doctor because our government won't pay family doctors enough to be worth it.

Gotta make sure more money goes to people who already have more money than they could ever spend for a thousand lifetimes while making sure the maximum amount of human suffering and syphoning is achieved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
England is very dedicated to destroying everything good that ever supported it. You'd think Brexit would be a wakeup call but, welp.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
There was a period around Brexit where every time the UK mocked the US for doing something stupid, they'd do the same thing within a few months. Brexit was one of them. ("You idiot Americans didn't go out and vote and look what happened!")

Anyway, it was pretty funny.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the actual brexit vote predated the us election and even then there were people who said 'it happened over here it could happen to you too' were poo-pooed

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Ah, I confused it then. It was still funny.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I wonder why Iran and China would be interested in messing with Britain :thunk:

to build goodwill with the rest of the world

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Wizard Master posted:

This is GBS, get out of here with your reasonable and empathetic opinion!

I admit when I looked at the numbers and realised they got Diana (20) married to Charles (32, extremely committed to someone else), I kind of thought this is a lovely abusive system that only survives because the victims are browbeaten into silence.

The freaky thing is that even the top members of the freakshow are sacrificed to support The Monarchy. None of them are free, they are all objects to be used to defend this lovely boring institution.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pookah posted:

I admit when I looked at the numbers and realised they got Diana (20) married to Charles (32, extremely committed to someone else), I kind of thought this is a lovely abusive system that only survives because the victims are browbeaten into silence.

The freaky thing is that even the top members of the freakshow are sacrificed to support The Monarchy. None of them are free, they are all objects to be used to defend this lovely boring institution.

Reminder that Charles was 28 when he met Diana who was 16. And they met because Charles was dating her older sister.

Seriously :lol: that the English haven’t overthrown these inbred pedos.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
:mason:s killed kate

https://twitter.com/DarumaIkyu/status/1771590689266024576

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Okay if William is crowned before the next eclipse we owe this guy a Coke.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
If there's one thing that is going to push western society over the edge into just total anarchy, it's going to be some rumors about Kate Middleton. I heard they might not be entirely honest about her having cancer and just stabbed every single person in my office in the neck with a pen. Very clever Russia, Iran and China.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

So, they are going to explode the corpses kate and king prince charles in a staged 911 style event to nuke china?

Wait, they have both been novachoked by russian agents and ....

Fumble fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 26, 2024

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

counterfeitsaint posted:

If there's one thing that is going to push western society over the edge into just total anarchy, it's going to be some rumors about Kate Middleton. I heard they might not be entirely honest about her having cancer and just stabbed every single person in my office in the neck with a pen. Very clever Russia, Iran and China.

:hmmyes: Kate Middleton is TheDarkId

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

DickParasite posted:

Okay if William is crowned before the next eclipse we owe this guy a Coke.
That reminds me of something. Some months back this astrologer on Twitter predicted that Charles' reign would be disastrous and short because he was crowned during a void moon. I don't believe in astrology but it has been a disaster

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Secks Cauldron posted:

That reminds me of something. Some months back this astrologer on Twitter predicted that Charles' reign would be disastrous and short because he was crowned during a void moon. I don't believe in astrology but it has been a disaster

Yes but that's been true of every successive UK government (and hence the monarch) since the end of WW2.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

flubber nuts posted:

drat what will the royals do now?

Hopefully draft some pitching.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Secks Cauldron posted:

He's 200 years old and was born into both wealth and authority and has never known anything less, of course his reign will be short and disastrous.

Coupled with the ongoing Brexit fiasco, this astrologer isn't exactly making any tough reads.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I wonder if that same astrologer is going to predict that this year's president election is going to be an absolute poo poo show.

Really makes you think, if true.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You can proclaim everything that's going to happen in the UK to be.a disaster and you'll be right. They even lost the technology to have functioning sewers, ffs

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

DickParasite posted:

Yes but that's been true of every successive UK government (and hence the monarch) since the end of WW2.

Lizzy's reign of terror was anything but short

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
If we don't see her tomorrow, we can at least expect a bountiful harvest.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
just watched a very concerning deep dive video suggesting that kate middleton has 'cancer 2'

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Cancer 2: Metastases Boogaloo

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I saw a report Charles has pancreatic cancer. They also claim there may be a succession crisis.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/king-charles-funeral-plans-unveiled-131200834.html

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

R.L. Stine posted:

just watched a very concerning deep dive video suggesting that kate middleton has 'cancer 2'

Good news, TBQH.

Major version releases like 2.0 often have exploitable bugs.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Anderson Koopa posted:

I saw a report Charles has pancreatic cancer. They also claim there may be a succession crisis.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/king-charles-funeral-plans-unveiled-131200834.html

quote:

“Charles knows the pressures of being the monarch, and he just isn’t sure William is ready to take his place,” the third insider revealed, noting that William is “currently facing a public relations disaster." “It seems premature, and there could be consequences.”

With such an update, the future of the monarchy seems shaky at best, and even Queen Camilla is said to be frustrated by Charles’ declining health and weakened status.

“Behind the scenes, Camilla is disgusted by the king’s apparent weakness and is providing him little comfort as he battles his fatal cancer,” a palace courtier told In Touch in early March, highlighting her vacation from royal duties which started on March 4. “By going on holiday, she was thumbing her nose at stepson William, who is incapable of shouldering the monarchy’s burdens on his own.”

Such a loving family :allears:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lol

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

fuctifino posted:

"Well, the King will still be dying if I stay behind or if I scoot off to Majorca. These tickets are not refundable, so maybe see you in a couple of weeks?"

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

camilla is an evil queen name

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

R.L. Stine posted:

:hmmyes:

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

fuctifino posted:

Holy poo poo! I've been catching up on The Windsors while I have Netflix turned back on, and that's...100% perfectly in line with her cartoonish depiction - all sneering, conniving, evil, sociopathic, etc. - in that particular parody!

(Glad they're still making more episodes to catch up with all the stuff that's transpired but what an ironic twist that it was Camilla's actress who died of cancer so recently :( )

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
the bolsheviks had the right idea about how to deal with these weirdos imo

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

crispix posted:

the bolsheviks had the right idea about how to deal with these weirdos imo

:hmmyes: Shoot'em all and let the void of non-existence sort it out.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

R.L. Stine posted:

camilla is a hot chick's name

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

R.L. Stine posted:

Like anyone good would marry Charles

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

camilla is a hot chick's name

love your work btw, Mr. Gonzo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
what

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Camilla is either gonna keep him alive strapped into the golden throne and rule by proxy or figure out a way to get the crown when he dies.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I don't think we ought to speak ill of Queen Camilla lest she quarter circle forward kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

queen camilla has sent for her alchemist to poison the king's roasted suckling pig, and extract the blood of kate middleton to consume and reign forever