Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Stealing reddit comments to repurpose them as OPs for clout-chasing purposes, S M D H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kate's hanging out with me and we're having kool-aid

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

thank you pencilhands, sifting the vast wastes of reddit for sparse nuggets of content suitable to be posted here, so that the rest of us remain unstained by that place

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

I can't believe queen elisabeth princess di'd princess kate

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

why is the the princess of whales, she's not even a fish

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

whales are mammals fool. ofc she's not a fish

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I already established she's a lizard. :colbert:

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

well that makes even less sense

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

She could probably shape-shift into a dolphin, if that helps.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They've done buggered 'er to deaf they 'ave! Them what's in the palace and all. Buggered 'er good and proper they did, and I'm not 'avin' it!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
She’s just playing PlayStation. Chill.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Alright alright. But if she's not, you're up for it, right?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Who gives a gently caress OP?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Devils Affricate posted:

What is Kate getting surgery for though? Is there a surgical procedure that makes you no longer British? I'd probably get that, if I were born British.

Transnationalism surgery.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Ohai whizz mastur.

I'm glad you're banned.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

MrQwerty posted:

I didn't realize plagiarizing reddit posts wholesale was a part of Mastery, pencilmaster

wizardhands

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Funky See Funky Do posted:

They've done buggered 'er to deaf they 'ave! Them what's in the palace and all. Buggered 'er good and proper they did, and I'm not 'avin' it!

how come Americans say "burglarized" instead of "burgled" but they don't say "buggerized" instead of "buggered"?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

You know who else hasn't been seen alive in a long time? Your sex life, op

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Hammerite posted:

how come Americans say "burglarized" instead of "burgled" but they don't say "buggerized" instead of "buggered"?

Had I a tuppence every time I've been asked that I'd a threepence b'now.

Piss And Shittium
Dec 20, 2023

pee poo

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/mar/11/princess-wales-says-her-edited-family-photo

quote:

The Princess of Wales has apologised and accepted responsibility for an editing error that led to an official photograph of her and her three children being recalled by international picture agencies.

In a tweet posted on the Prince and Princess of Wales’s social media platforms, Catherine wrote: “Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing. I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother’s Day. C.”

The photograph, taken by Prince William at Windsor last week and released to the media through Kensington Palace to mark Mother’s Day, was the first of Catherine to be released after her abdominal surgery two months ago.

Though palace officials hoped it would reassure, after much online speculation and conspiracy theories over her condition and her health, it instead fuelled rumours after what appeared to be manipulation of the image.

More details soon …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp0MqEwdXy0

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Every single person that's lived in Sydney or Melbourne has lived in that exact art deco place. Honestly she could be anywhere.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

why do whales need a human leader

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

what is her psn tag, i want to do a helldivers 2 bugs mission with her and check out her load out

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Wizard "Master"

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I get why some people over here are interested, we are saddled with the fuckers and our press are obsessed with them, but I will forever be mystified why they are such a massive thing in the US. Could one of our transatlantic cousins explain?

She probably had her lady parts taken out, due to being at risk of something nasty, after carrying 3 of the pegman's children.. :ms:

Also, Wizard Master.....do you work for the daily mail?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I feel like it's way less massive than you imagine.

Even in Canada hardly anyone under like 60 gives a sweet poo poo.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Collateral posted:

he's certainly got the opinions for it

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Collateral posted:

I get why some people over here are interested, we are saddled with the fuckers and our press are obsessed with them, but I will forever be mystified why they are such a massive thing in the US. Could one of our transatlantic cousins explain?

She probably had her lady parts taken out, due to being at risk of something nasty, after carrying 3 of the pegman's children.. :ms:

basically no one in america or canada gives a poo poo except in casual passing

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
you'd think, but I still remember napping comfortably at my friend's house then being shaken awake by her mother because Princess Diana had just died. It's a mystery to me why we, American children whose largest association with Diana was appearances in Tiny Toons, needed to know this as soon as it happened.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

StrangersInTheNight posted:

you'd think, but I still remember napping comfortably at my friend's house then being shaken awake by her mother because Princess Diana had just died. It's a mystery to me why we, American children whose largest association with Diana was appearances in Tiny Toons, needed to know this as soon as it happened.

that was also almost 30 years ago. its way less now. when the queen died it was a thing but other than that it's a big shrug

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
When Diana died I remember the cable channels having a message over the screen saying to turn to the news channels. I think some channels also automatically changed over to news channels after a while. Fuckers got in the way of my morning cartoons :mad:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
PROBATION 03/11/24 03:13am Wizard Master Due to a lack of serious contributions, you are now forumbanned from D&D. User loses posting privileges for 3 days. Koos Group VideoGames

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

basically no one in america or canada gives a poo poo except in casual passing

you don’t spare a thought for the crown each time you break a twenty piece?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Bad Purchase posted:

you don’t spare a thought for the crown each time you break a twenty piece?

cash transactions are exceedingly rare in canada

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

well yeah, you wouldn’t pull out the queen to cop just anything, it’s got to be a special occasion

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

DeadButDelicious posted:

When Diana died I remember the cable channels having a message over the screen saying to turn to the news channels. I think some channels also automatically changed over to news channels after a while. Fuckers got in the way of my morning cartoons :mad:

lol, I also remember that ticker on every channel(and also wondering why the Pavarottis were in pursuit of Diana's car). Non-british people really gave a poo poo about all that royals crap and it's mind boggling in retrospective

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

The royals have such a weird following in the US it’s nuts but this story is interesting because how does one of the most scrutinized PR entities in the world gently caress up like this and why the gently caress up occurred is also interesting.

This is a textbook example of the coverup always being worse than the crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

that was also almost 30 years ago. its way less now. when the queen died it was a thing but other than that it's a big shrug

I think you're underselling it. They're still on the news, they're still on the covers of supermarket tabloids. Oh Harry's got a big interview with Oprah.

Just because we don't care doesn't mean there's not millions of folks who do, for some dumb rear end reasons.