Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

peedia shitteracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

speng31b posted:

peedia shitteracy

... and boom goes the dynamite.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I have achieved peak media literacy by communing with the spirits of Anthony Blinken and Kier Starmer and grasped the true nature of the universe and all existence: The Han Chinese are plotting to genocide us all with their ethnostate

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I have achieved peak media literacy by communing with the spirits of Anthony Blinken and Kier Starmer and grasped the true nature of the universe and all existence: The Han Chinese are plotting to genocide us all with their ethnostate

No, I am comparing their industrial practices. The fact that the governing ideology of China is influenced by the Third Reich, particularly the work of Carl Schmitt, is not controversial.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

No way

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

No, I am comparing their industrial practices. The fact that the governing ideology of China is influenced by the Third Reich, particularly the work of Carl Schmitt, is not controversial.

Big if true, which it is, because Anthony Blinken told me behind the scenes

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
You can say he is not an academic source but this is sealioning the question because I trust he is a big reader and huge fan of Carl Schmitt.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/nkulw/status/1769704355102388281

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
cant wait for hte inevitable d&d blowback

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Now that's not fair; Carl Schmitt was mostly coherent, his writing just reads like a bad villain speech, the stereotype of evil itself.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Mr Hootington posted:

Now that's not fair; Carl Schmitt was mostly coherent, his writing just reads like a bad villain speech, the stereotype of evil itself.

Yes we’re talking about a violent ethnostate that doesn’t respect international law, other national borders, or human rights. No not that one. No, not that one either. No, THOSE ARE DEMOCRACIES

Sounds like you need some media literacy to understand Schmit’s influence in China and Yemen better.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

says so on wikipedia. topic locked.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Nix Panicus posted:

The key to media literacy is to understand you already know everything and hold the correct opinions. Anything that agrees with your self evidently correct positions is correct and cool and should be trusted. Anything that goes against them is evil disinformation. If your enemies present evidence that suggests they might be correct you can use your media literacy smarts to tell them anything they agree with is propaganda. This, of course, never applies to anything you believe because obviously you only believe in correct things.

Sometimes things that actually happened might suggest your enemies are right. Once again media literacy comes to the rescue: the enemy can lie by telling the truth. In fact, the truth is the most insidious propaganda of all. The truly media literate must cast off the surly bonds of Earth and train their mind to see beyond mundane reality into the platonic truth of the world.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hes right

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Using my media literacy skills I understand this as saying kulwin is a fascist chud for expressing this position, probably at the behest of the Kremlin

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i love being literate

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

leo killed his extremely french wife for turning 25 and also the scarecrow was there

wrong thread!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i love it