Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Orange Devil posted:

Are dalais lama like drs who?

Yeah and the next ones gonna be a girl too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

im here to promote media literacy and chew bubblegum... and im all out of bubblegum

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
just realized crepeface made the big posts and then also got syqed

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah and the next ones gonna be a girl too

it was a weird moment to realize that all that 80s and 90s talking up Tibet as the home of peaceful mysticism, ruled over by the most holy, peaceful mystic of them all was just reheated cold war propaganda

once upon a time conservatives were really worried liberals weren't going to be on-side with their wars, i guess

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

it was a weird moment to realize that all that 80s and 90s talking up Tibet as the home of peaceful mysticism, ruled over by the most holy, peaceful mystic of them all was just reheated cold war propaganda

once upon a time conservatives were really worried liberals weren't going to be on-side with their wars, i guess

Yeah it’s fun to point out that before the PRC Tibet was a feudal theocracy - annoys people they don’t like to hear it

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah it’s fun to point out that before the PRC Tibet was a feudal theocracy - annoys people they don’t like to hear it

what if saudi arabia, but no oil

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cuttlefush posted:

just realized crepeface made the big posts and then also got syqed

umm it was a bit. y'know, about how people who would make those long media literacy posts would fall for a SYQ. yep.

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

umm it was a bit. y'know, about how people who would make those long media literacy posts would fall for a SYQ. yep.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
one time i got trolled for half a year by mila kunis

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

fizziester posted:

:mods:

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

calm hitlers to my left and right, stuck in the middle with you

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

Should have just said "Shut up, Meg." :smugbert:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Cuttlefush posted:

Natalie Portman posting among us.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Literacracy was a documentary

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
in media literia: when the story starts in the middle of the footnotes section

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I am here to gangstalk and harass people. I do those things and love doing them from the shadows

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DaysBefore posted:

I am here to gangstalk and harass people. I do those things and love doing them from the shadows

lol they're so stupid

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

its time to sabotage your posts

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cuttlefush posted:

remember the nazi poster taylor swift? shed be a great readdition

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Cuttlefush posted:

It was a good bit, they still occasionally get a rise out of me

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The thing I like about DV's weird fixation on posts he doesn't like being "abusive" is that he's basically indirectly admitting that the posts are making him really upset.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
It's good to get trolled from time to time, helps keep you media literate

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Homeless Friend posted:

Literacracy was a documentary

Sounds like a better movie.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

The thing I like about DV's weird fixation on posts he doesn't like being "abusive" is that he's basically indirectly admitting that the posts are making him really upset.

disagreeing with me is abuse actually

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

obama voice: i did that. that was me, people.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Ytlaya posted:

It owns lol

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

DaysBefore posted:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Al! posted:

was this also powerball?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

People don’t disagree with the center left because they want different things or they have different perspectives. They disagree because they want to make people really upset. This is sort of like how people beat their partners sometimes. anyway, I love discourse, debate, all of it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol the guy being caught with the shoe on the other foot re: genocide owns. Doesn’t have the skills to deny the bills!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

who

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The key to media literacy is to understand you already know everything and hold the correct opinions. Anything that agrees with your self evidently correct positions is correct and cool and should be trusted. Anything that goes against them is evil disinformation. If your enemies present evidence that suggests they might be correct you can use your media literacy smarts to tell them anything they agree with is propaganda. This, of course, never applies to anything you believe because obviously you only believe in correct things.

Sometimes things that actually happened might suggest your enemies are right. Once again media literacy comes to the rescue: the enemy can lie by telling the truth. In fact, the truth is the most insidious propaganda of all. The truly media literate must cast off the surly bonds of Earth and train their mind to see beyond mundane reality into the platonic truth of the world.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
You can't spell CIA NED without media literacy

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
biden admin hiring a tankie for denial communications

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Jose posted:

was this also powerball?

to this day i have no idea

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

that was a wild time in cspam. i remember more than i probably should considering i was drunk for almost all of it

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Homeless Friend posted:

biden admin hiring a tankie for denial communications

Caleb Maupin centrist arc hell yeah

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Nix Panicus posted:

The key to media literacy is to understand you already know everything and hold the correct opinions. Anything that agrees with your self evidently correct positions is correct and cool and should be trusted. Anything that goes against them is evil disinformation. If your enemies present evidence that suggests they might be correct you can use your media literacy smarts to tell them anything they agree with is propaganda. This, of course, never applies to anything you believe because obviously you only believe in correct things.

Sometimes things that actually happened might suggest your enemies are right. Once again media literacy comes to the rescue: the enemy can lie by telling the truth. In fact, the truth is the most insidious propaganda of all. The truly media literate must cast off the surly bonds of Earth and train their mind to see beyond mundane reality into the platonic truth of the world.

i've posted this a bunch but it's still hilarious

quote:

Remarkably, EXPOSE also wrote that, “Another barrier to combating disinformation is the fact that certain Kremlin-backed narratives are factually true” – an admission that underlines that, to many governments and media outlets, “disinformation” is rapidly coming to simply mean “information we disagree with.”

https://www.mintpressnews.com/facebook-fact-checking-organizations-ukraine-funded-washington/281618/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Al! posted:

Fun fact: the discord they ran was also the first fortnite discord until people realized who they were and who else was in that discord.