Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

WampaLord posted:

Hilarious how much this bit is only meant to apply to people reading "wrong" media (aka leftist takes) and not, say, the New York Times doing all sorts of rhetorical cover for the genocide in Palestine.

this was topical for the original thread too

the arbiters of how to consume media more gooder went dead silent in response to the NYT and WAPO announcing that actually that car full of kids driven by an aid worker deserved to be massacred so are troops could still feel big and strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah the problem is that he does have something to say and it's "anyone who disagree with me is a lunatic"

not just a lunatic, actively malicious. see, everyone actually agrees the moderate liberal internationalist view of the world is best for everyone, and everyone actually knows the facts listed in the New York Times are correct. So if someone claims to disagree, they are lying. What they are really doing is just trolling, and being “an abuser.” or worse, they are choosing to misrepresent reality to obfuscate how they have chosen to make the world worse.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Serious post but I honestly feel like there is only one principle of media literacy that really matters and that’s when if you’re reading something that actually feels completely unbiased is when you should be most on the lookout for bias, because being unbiased is impossible, and if something reads or sounds that way, that means it’s probably just speaking directly to your biases

Thank you, I will go back to staring at my bellybutton

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Ok this has run its course

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Mr Hootington posted:

Ok this has run its course

Agreed, time to yeet your account.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
:gas:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

if ur reading this do NOT go to page 3, way too much scrollling.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lpzie posted:

if ur reading this do NOT go to page 3, way too much scrollling.

thank you lpzie 🤗

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

feeling devilishly literate this afternoon

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Yes of course, but for which Hitler?

Weka has issued a correction as of 20:07 on Mar 12, 2024

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah the problem is that he does have something to say and it's "anyone who disagree with me is a lunatic"

who amongst us would disagree with that

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Weka posted:

Yes of course, but for which Hitler?

the calm one duh

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

You are the intervening substances through which impressions are conveyed to the senses or forces act on objects at a distance?

Intervening these substances to impress my senses right now!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Who is this

https://twitter.com/BKWelles/status/1767531998770307247?t=4yu1Jn8lqLasApMykE7MqA&s=19

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

*literately*
that's scarface

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
media shitter rear end y

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

those are both me

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i meant the post who tweeted it. i know what scarface is i'm only half retarded

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ive never seen scarface (hollywood literacy)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Jose posted:

i meant the post who tweeted it. i know what scarface is i'm only half retarded

thats serge gainsborg, french sleazepop singer from thr 1970s and 80s

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I don't read tv I watch it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you might know serge gainsbourg as the father of actress charlotte gainsbourg, with whom he sang the duet "lemon incest"

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i read the tv (closed cpations)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I don't even own a newspaper

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

slave to my cravings posted:

cool black guy making a media cliteracy thread where he talks about the best way to eat pussy

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Ohtori Akio posted:

media shitter rear end y

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
things that start with “In the beginning”:

Media Literacy Thread
Holy Bible

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Al! posted:

you might know serge gainsbourg as the father of actress charlotte gainsbourg, with whom he sang the duet "lemon incest"

(Now this is what I call pod racing voice) Now THIS is what I call media literacy

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Media literacy thread? You started an entire loving thead about closed captions?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

Media literacy thread? You started an entire loving thead about closed captions?

they should be on in movie theaters imo not because it's an accessibility issue but because I personally like them

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Perfect media literacy

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Probably Magic posted:

medias family reunion

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

FirstnameLastname posted:

medias family reunion

Riding away on your dragon after drowning your twins Facts and Logic.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al! posted:

quote:

"Lemon Incest" is a pop song about a relationship between Serge and Charlotte, the latter of whom was 12 or 13 years old at the time, set to the melody of Frédéric Chopin's Étude Op. 10, No. 3. Its title is a play on the French term un zeste de citron, which translates to lemon zest in English. It peaked at number two in France, where it spent 14 weeks on the Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique (SNEP) chart and was also certified silver by the SNEP.

:wtc:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
as far back as i can remember, i wanted to be a fact checker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

as far back as i can remember, i wanted to be a fact checker

lol

scorsese's brown moses biopic