Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Inject all of this straight into my veins. I live for it.

I like how I saw the Filmation logo and thought "Yeah, I remember them" followed by me realizing that of all their works, I only ever watched He-Man, and even then, only occasionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Nebakenezzer posted:

The og run of He-man and She-Ra are officially online: https://www.youtube.com/@MastersOfTheUniverse

I got into this basically because Hasbro posted the many different GI Joe series, and watching the original one it was not only hilarious, but I think unironically quite good. I mean, batshit insane, but quite good for all that.

All I want in life is for Project G.e.e.K.e.R to be acknowledged enough for a decent resolution upload to exist. That one always hit a good spot for me. And Bump in the Night.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Nebakenezzer posted:

AAAHHHH! Real Claymation!

Mr. Bumpy was after my time. I don't think I watched a single episode, but watched the opening many times.

So there was a mid-1990s cartoon called Sky Surfer Strike Force. I'd never seen it until now.

In our search for the maximally 90s TV show, it's certainly a contender, as it involves sky surfing vigilantes who are into extreme sports and hacking. Point Break would tell them to chill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87sG3bTn1H4

https://i.imgur.com/mUlueip.gifv

So when we see the rogue's gallery, the dude on the upper left is called Five Eyes, which is a weird thing to reference in a kid's cartoon.

Just for the curious, it was made well into the "anatomically wrong era" of big strong men. Like they don't have abs, they have chitinous plating on top of where their abs should be. I also have to list the good character names:

Skysurfer One [Leader, flowing mane of blonde hair]

Crazy Stuntz [ponytail down to his knee, dresses like a futuristic minuteman]

Sliced Ice [Japanese woman, hot, in superhero mode is clearly a Major Kusinagi knockoff, in normal mode wears jeans, bares midriff, jean vest.]

Air Enforcer [black, large, 1920s flying helmet with goggles, wears actual blocks of missiles on both shoulders]

Sore Loser [Boomerangs]

Skysurfer Strike Force: tell me you sourced your animation from Japan without telling me you sourced your animation from Japan. Man I would've eaten that show up if I ever knew it existed.

Fun fact about Bump in the Night: Danger Productions, the animation studio is the same company that did all the claymation for Clayfighter

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

I'm unreasonably annoyed by the "seventh fleet" hanging out around Virginia.