Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ve brought it up in the UK thread, but a current project I’m working on is using DizqueTV to schedule a years worth of TV like it was the 90s in the UK. This is a tool that uses my Plex library and allows me to make a fake TV channel I can tune into. If I put it on at 8.05pm, I’ll miss the first 5 minutes of that show. Can’t rewind or fast forward.

I’ve been using tools like tvrdb.com and scans of TV listings to look what aired where on what channel, and then building my own version. Lots of British shows only air 6 episode seasons so a 9pm Thursday time slot might go from Red Dwarf into a season of Blackadder or similar over the year.

I’m trying to go for around 20 hours of broadcasting a day, with enough content so in a year 90% or so will be first run content. It’s been quite hard, even with a large content library already! Most of the prime time stuff is easy to find and has DVD releases, but a lot of stuff (soap operas, quiz shows, kids tv) I’m relying on YouTube playlists and people posting on archive.org.

It’s fun, time consuming, and sadly will only really work in my house (altho I had success running a Halloween themed movie channel across Twitch last year with no content strikes for a month, but i had to resync the audio a few times a day which is annoying).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU