Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Joe vs Wardlow 5 7.58%
Elite vs Eddie/Penta/Pac 27 40.91%
Jay vs Darby 18 27.27%
Jericho and Hook vs Gates of Agony 1 1.52%
Riho vs Willow 15 22.73%
Total: 66 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It is insane we're getting Okada/Eddie next week. There has to be some kind of draw to put the rematch on the PPV, right? Then again, Okada could just win.

Man, last night was electric. I can't stop thinking about Penta using Okada for the cazadora.

Eddie is just putting up the Continental Crown, right? Not the ROH and NJPW Strong titles?

Have Okada beat him on Dynamite, then Eddie loses his goddamn mind and demands a rematch, putting his other two titles on the line at the pape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The business was big and good

Also, willow got to main event a card that had the bucks, okada, jay white, samoa joe, eddie, pac, and jericho wrestling on it :pwn:

That owns

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

last night was indelible

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It was inedible.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Kennel posted:

It was inedible.

i ate the whole loving show

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

A Fancy Hat posted:

Eddie is just putting up the Continental Crown, right? Not the ROH and NJPW Strong titles?

Have Okada beat him on Dynamite, then Eddie loses his goddamn mind and demands a rematch, putting his other two titles on the line at the pape.

Just the continental championship, yes

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

boo Okada denying us the hilarity of his first title after NJPW being the NJPW Strong belt.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Having Okada beat Eddie three times for each belt while Eddie gets more and more desperate would be amazing.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo what a fantastic episode of Dynamite. AEW rules.

I agree. I really liked that show. Felt great

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

Having Okada beat Eddie three times for each belt while Eddie gets more and more desperate would be amazing.

oh man just imagine Okada's evil smug energy when he wins the belt, looks at Eddie and realizes he has more belts he could take from him

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Dango Bango posted:

Oh my god, giving him a new Claudio after he finally overcame Claudio would be loving unbelievable. What a way to show Okada is better than even Danielson, too.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I must admit as a homer I was looking forward to upgrading my absentee ROH Champion to a cooler guy who doesn't show up

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What a blessed reality we live in :woop:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Dango Bango posted:

I also love how vindictive this makes the Bucks look. Eddie bothered them so much that they go get Okada, tell him to beat the poo poo out of Eddie, and Okada's just like "you got it, sounds fun!"

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Any chance of a gif of Samoa Joe kicking the security guard off stage as he was leaving?

I enjoyed big business

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

mst4k posted:

Any chance of a gif of Samoa Joe kicking the security guard off stage as he was leaving?

I enjoyed big business

https://twitter.com/Raion74_/status/1768073636215247054?t=7yw1ys-0YWgaQ5GBcbq7Rw&s=19

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
looking forward to that guy coming after Joe ten years down the line like Max did

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Ospreay promo was probably my favorite part of the show. Really glad to learn that he can deliver.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
It's really hosed up that AEW got me chanting CEO and bruv

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

A pretty small thing on the show last night but I really enjoyed Kyle O'Reilly wondering if he can still hang in AEW. It's a nice motivation for him to tease joining up with the Undisputed Kingdom, falling back onto his old heelish ways out of necessity.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Fancy Hat posted:

A pretty small thing on the show last night but I really enjoyed Kyle O'Reilly wondering if he can still hang in AEW. It's a nice motivation for him to tease joining up with the Undisputed Kingdom, falling back onto his old heelish ways out of necessity.

It was really good character work

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
It was a great night for people getting kicked

https://i.imgur.com/DOkEBmu.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/qDsBzxx.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/gIGjzHb.mp4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Riho looked like she'd been ripped backward by a fully extended bungee cord or something, just amazing :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It made me so happy how Willow and Riho really won the crowd over by the end. That's a pretty normal thing to happen when either of them wrestle, of course, but it doesn't stop being fun to see.

There was also a video posted online showing that Julia and Skye Blue attacked Statlander backstage, which is why she couldn't make the save post-match. Nice little bit of continuity.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
It's been a while since I've seen her but is Mercedes Mone usually such a bad talker?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

anyone have a gif of the pounce I missed it because I was posting lol

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I was really struck last night by just all the drat charisma on display. I was curious how Okada (obviously a top class talent) would settle into American TV with American crowds and, as I should have expected, he's a natural, and perfectly lovely with the Bucks. Will's promo was amazing, Joe always has killer physical charisma, Jay White is my favorite sleazebag, Kyle O'Reilly is my favorite goblin, Swerve is intense and electric, Willow lights up the ring with joy, and then of course Mercedes Moné... Her promo cadence and content wasn't anything revolutionary but she exudes really compelling star power. The crowd seemed rabid for her.

I know sometimes people think of AEW as a "workrate company" as opposed to a "storyline company" or whatever (and that's what I like about it) but just from a pure physical and emotional charisma standpoint, AEW's roster from top to bottom is on fire right now.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Animale posted:

It's been a while since I've seen her but is Mercedes Mone usually such a bad talker?

it's never been her strong suit but her ring work + natty rizz make it not matter too much, as evidenced by the entire arena losing their gourd

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Animale posted:

She wasn't bad. She wasn't amazing but she wasn't bad. There are so many good promos on AEW that our baseline is hosed - go look up the actual bad promos from history for a better comparison point.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

That Dang Dad posted:

I know sometimes people think of AEW as a "workrate company" as opposed to a "storyline company" or whatever (and that's what I like about it) but just from a pure physical and emotional charisma standpoint, AEW's roster from top to bottom is on fire right now.

AEW has always not so secretly been a promo company.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Still thinking about this lil wave Okada did to get the ref to call the pin after the distraction/low blow/Rainmaker

https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1768078313841480063

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Animale posted:

Seemed fine for a huge babyface debut? :shrug:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Animale posted:

I can't see saying she was a bad talker last night, you could maybe say it was a bad promo in terms of how someone talks during a promo but it's not like it was that.

Post show she hugged people at ringside and spent time slapping hands and such for a few minutes. The CEO chant was insanely loud.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

julia owns

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Mercedes bleeds star power, looks amazing, carries herself with confidence, and delivers her lines with conviction. That's all you really need, especially for that first big babyface promo. She's also an extremely good heel who understands lots of little nuances that keep the crowd invested in everything she does.

Last night from top to bottom showcased so many strengths of everyone they featured. It's kind of incredible looking back. You can point to just about every segment and match and understand something different about the show and who these wrestlers are and why they're here. It was just so, I dunno, competently done? It was cool. Everyone felt like they mattered.

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
Peeps...loving wrestling eh? It's pretty awesome.

EDIT: Good looking out Captain Foo

gripebomb fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 14, 2024

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gripebomb posted:

Peeps...loving wrestling eh? It's pretty awesome.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I AM THE FEELING BRUV

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

AEW has always not so secretly been a promo company.

The feeling being restored is promo company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Shard posted:

I AM FEELING THE BRUV