Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Joe vs Wardlow 5 7.58%
Elite vs Eddie/Penta/Pac 27 40.91%
Jay vs Darby 18 27.27%
Jericho and Hook vs Gates of Agony 1 1.52%
Riho vs Willow 15 22.73%
Total: 66 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
listening to the below this morning and dreaming of Swerve's entrance at Dynasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNirQXe8HOA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

listening to the below this morning and dreaming of Swerve's entrance at Dynasty

Please. I know he said he doesn't want to and wanted something different but I would cry. Just this once.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

fffffffffuck yes

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

MassRafTer posted:

I can't see saying she was a bad talker last night, you could maybe say it was a bad promo in terms of how someone talks during a promo but it's not like it was that.

Post show she hugged people at ringside and spent time slapping hands and such for a few minutes. The CEO chant was insanely loud.

Yeah, promos about how you're so happy to be in a company are always kind of lame and hard to perform. CM Punk pulled it off, but he's CM Punk. We can't hold everyone to that standard.

(And like everyone else said, the promo itself was iffy but the star power more than made up for it.)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Shard posted:

I AM THE FEELING BRUV

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Please. I know he said he doesn't want to and wanted something different but I would cry. Just this once.

Play it when he wins the belt.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

xbilkis posted:

Still thinking about this lil wave Okada did to get the ref to call the pin after the distraction/low blow/Rainmaker

https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1768078313841480063

Just absolutely loving incredible on every level, he's amazing (shocking and controversial take, I know).

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Have Nana come out to Big Pressure then cut to this

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Feels like “Bruv” chants will definitely become a thing. Dueling bruv and yes chants at the ppv.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

The Senator Giroux posted:

Have Nana come out to Big Pressure then cut to this

This is the correct answer.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Yeah, promos about how you're so happy to be in a company are always kind of lame and hard to perform. CM Punk pulled it off, but he's CM Punk. We can't hold everyone to that standard.

(And like everyone else said, the promo itself was iffy but the star power more than made up for it.)

And it only worked once for Punk - his WWE "I'm home" promo was pretty mid.

I thought Mercedes handled herself quite well. One thing I appreciate about AEW promos, good or bad, is that they're allowed to express real emotions instead of the church play-level acting WWE expects from people. Mercedes was clearly tearing up at points, but she knew how to use that in a promo and it really helped.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whoop my rear end if you want but if ospreay starts saying really stupid but harmless and funny things while in aew everyone could call them bruverbs. like proverbs.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Barry Bluejeans posted:

:pray:

Great show. Just got caught up on it and I have zero complaints. So happy we got to the BCC turn on The Acclaimed part of the story.

Seeing that CMLL and STARDOM will also be part of Forbidden Door loving rules.

Mercedes is great and I love that she did an outfit change for the post-match save.

Assuming she doesn’t muscle into Willow’s spot for the TBS Title shot, is her first match Skye Blue? Then the rematch vs Willow with Willow as TBS Champion?

The feeling is good and the feeling is restored.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CombineThresher posted:

Mercedes was clearly tearing up at points, but she knew how to use that in a promo and it really helped.

Mercedes was crying because her supportive friend Bayley was there :unsmith:

Also because she knew Bayley couldn't stay :smith:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ospreay should have been given Cody's entrance.

Bruv in an elevator.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Gavok posted:

Bruv in an elevator.

Bruv Lift

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

still cant believe im getting the rainmaker and will the thrill on weekly tv. feels like a fever dream bruv

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I’m going to post a hot take here:

AEW is cool and good

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Gavok posted:

Bruv in an elevator.

Too late, okada already got it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

the feeling has been back since the week after Joe won the title for me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Excalibur referenced Super Dragon and I was hootin' and hollerin

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The War Dog lost like a losing loser, which was very feeling-restoring

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Anyone want to buy a gently used Wardlow? Not in as great shape anymore but he still works okay, you can re-heat him for any mid-card title feuds you need.

Overjoyed at the end of the Bang Bang Scissor Gang and Jay White back to being himself.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Told Paloma to make sure to pay extra attention during the Darby match because he was going to do something really stupid before he climbs Mount Everest.

As we were driving home I made another reference to that and she responds "Ok what does that mean because I heard the guy behind us say something about Everest too."

"He's going to climb Mount Everest."

She thought it was some weird, opaque inside joke rather than something stupid Darby was going to do.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

The War Dog lost like a losing loser, which was very feeling-restoring

no see I loved that match. I love when a meat match is just two heavy weights battering the crap out of each other and is shorter match.

Wardlow got a lot of poo poo in and it all looked great. And Joe jumping on his back for the choke out was amazing

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Is it Wednesday yet?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

Told Paloma to make sure to pay extra attention during the Darby match because he was going to do something really stupid before he climbs Mount Everest.

As we were driving home I made another reference to that and she responds "Ok what does that mean because I heard the guy behind us say something about Everest too."

"He's going to climb Mount Everest."

She thought it was some weird, opaque inside joke rather than something stupid Darby was going to do.

"He's going to gently caress Ric Flair?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gavok posted:

"He's going to gently caress Ric Flair?"

This did lead into a discussion of Disney World Rollercoasters as Everest is her favorite and she hates how rickety Space Mountain is now.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I haven't been since 2004 but I didnt like space mountain that much. I liked the rock and roll rollercoaster and splash mountain way more.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hot takes:

-- wardlow match was very baseline and idk what the gently caress you do with him now. they had that storybook vignette for no reason lol. honestly I just don't know, it really seems like he's got no real place in the company.

-- willow checking on riho postmatch was cute and reminded me of why she's always gotta be at the heart of the division, fantastic wrestler, better person. The plan should be Willow winning the title and eventually Mercedes works up the ladder to face her while Willow gets some defenses.

-- absolutely nuts that AEW gets Ospreay at the zenith of his powers. Dude has done the work on himself, got mentally and physically fitter, sounds even better than before. Love how hard he shouts on the mic, fired up to poo poo

-- bears repeating Okada absolutely a natural at everything, he really is just that good. Have him decimate Eddie and then give me PAC v Okada at Dynasty; I don't need 3 Eddie matches with him.

-- Darby Allin has saved both Konosuke and Switchblade from tired storylines this year, the man is an MVP of making other guys look like a zillion bucks.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I appreciate that in addition to acknowledging that darbs was leaving to go on expedition, they also broke his leg to write him off tv. Doing both simultaneously is pwn.

I hope we get updates saying that Darby is recovering comfortably at home and also at 27000 feet

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

the feeling has been back since the week after Joe won the title for me.

the feeling leaves me every sunday and returns every wednesday

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Darby is going to be dragged up Everest with a broken freaking leg

:unsmith:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the feeling leaves me every sunday and returns every wednesday

sometimes the feeling is doubled on Sundays, and if we're very lucky - Saturday

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Miching Mallecho posted:

Darby is going to be dragged up Everest with a broken freaking leg

:unsmith:

feel bad for those sherpas

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

sometimes the feeling is doubled on Sundays, and if we're very lucky - Saturday

if it was up to some people we’d have way less happy sundays :/

i want a pape every month

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
big biz was electric the whole show (minus lionhook), this is weekly wrestling now lol

during the first pip break they ran an updated version of their newest ad and it was super good. i wonder what networks they're going to run that on ?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lollin at the guy who toxxed for wardlow winning

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lollin at the guy who toxxed for wardlow winning

what did they bet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004