Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

perkele

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

I think the city council of Heinola should get over their stupid 2010 trauma and restart the championship

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ban everyone who posted seriously in the last Finnish politics thread. Make it perkele.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

president raspberry

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDP1KvHWuUI

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Finnish posters are to be treated like fae. Not to be trusted.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Assassins Creed: Valhalla got me all hosed up. I'm convinced all Finns are descended from Ivarr the Kingkiller. Just insano in the braino viking raiders all looking to kill a king by flaying the skin from their back on a mountain top. Then when you arnt as into his arts and crafts project it turns out he killed the child king we were about to install upon the British isle because he was real serious about dreaming of killing a king. So now you're both battling on the mountain top about to square off, he really wants to fight and you take the bait. You return to Ivarr's brother to report the casualty of your brother and the multiple kings and he's like fine with it. Like he gets that his brother was always gonna get battle drunk and take himself to Valhalla, just wished it was back home instead of this cursed island.

Anyways, that's my understanding of the Finns. Freelolontree

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018
Finns are mongrols who discovered boats because their stupid lakes go nowhere.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
idk much about finland but i know people around here hate em

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

KirbyKhan posted:

Assassins Creed: Valhalla got me all hosed up. I'm convinced all Finns are descended from Ivarr the Kingkiller. Just insano in the braino viking raiders all looking to kill a king by flaying the skin from their back on a mountain top. Then when you arnt as into his arts and crafts project it turns out he killed the child king we were about to install upon the British isle because he was real serious about dreaming of killing a king. So now you're both battling on the mountain top about to square off, he really wants to fight and you take the bait. You return to Ivarr's brother to report the casualty of your brother and the multiple kings and he's like fine with it. Like he gets that his brother was always gonna get battle drunk and take himself to Valhalla, just wished it was back home instead of this cursed island.

as a finn i find this post offensive. first of all there aren't really any mountains worth mentioning in finland so the blood cult performs its sacrifices deep in the peat bogs, and they almost never do flayings as such advanced concepts are nearly unknown in the region

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

KirbyKhan posted:

One of the main reasons it was cursed was because Vikings kept turning up

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

KirbyKhan posted:

well, Finland does have the folk hero Lalli who murdered a bishop with an axe on top of a frozen lake

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I assume Lalli was serving in the Waffen SS at the time

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

DaysBefore posted:

I assume Lalli was serving in the Waffen SS at the time

Also the bishop

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

trump *click*

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7_pVrIshxA

This is good to see as a Norwegian, because our defense strategy relies on Finns being crazy enough to scare the Russian bear.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
^ the last finn in cspam

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ArmedZombie posted:

This is good to see as a Norwegian, because our defense strategy relies on Finns being crazy enough to scare the Russian bear.

They can't annex it fast enough

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

yet another hitler megathread

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Finland should join the CSTO. Not only will it restore Finnish neutrality by balancing out its NATO membership but Finland will be twice as protected.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

yet another hitler megathread

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

ArmedZombie posted:

Lol. Ahti in-between Remedy games

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
A Finn and his Estonian

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

A Finn and his Latvian

Cuttlefush has issued a correction as of 15:34 on Mar 17, 2024

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

finnish politics? but im just gettin started!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

wish lollontee could post here

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

wish lollontee could post

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lollontee......is he in the room with us right now?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

speng31b posted:

lollontee......is he in the room with us right now?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

lobster shirt posted:

wish lollontee could post here

ask the admins to give him the thread jail thing

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
but ask that for the good permabanned posters first please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU