Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Microsoft xp's paint is a whole lot of fun and here i am about 23 years later still making pictures.

Today's picture is called Shot in the Dark and I picked this title because... you know what I'm not telling you why i picked the title.
It features a mountain, a sky, the moon, and what looks like a meteor headed pretty close to the mountain. Luckily from what i know about meteors it'll probably be alright.
Anyway enjoy my paint picture for today BYOB and i will return tomorrow with another picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

riptidejim

Have a good night!

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

thank you riptidejim, looking forward to tomorrow - may i call you jim?

You can call me jim yeah you can call me riptide too (whichever sounds the coolest)

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Hello again BYOB i slept for 4 hours and now today I've brought with me another Microsoft paint picture.
Today we have a picture I've called Night Drive in a Fast Car. It features a cityscape seen from the window of a fast moving vehicle.

Now you might think "this title is misleading, the picture does not move at all" I have assured that the picture has many speedy lines and things to make it look like it is moving. If this is not enough then I have to apologize and maybe next time I will do a picture that is not about speed or cars.
Thank you for the warm reception everyone I will make sure to have a very special picture done for tomorrow. If anyone has any fun ideas for a theme they would like to see then I am open to suggestions.

riptidejim

Have a good night!

RavenousScoot posted:

thank you riptide jim
I bring you an ms paint picture in return

Sungazer

That is a lovely picture it makes me very excited for the incoming summer weather

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Apologies for my break I had promised a picture for yesterday but it had slipped my mind that it was Sunday. So instead i spent the day drinking vodka and listening to Fleetwood Mac's "You make Loving Fun"
But i am rested and i am back now this Monday morning and i've got a Microsoft Paint Picture for you today.

This picture is called Gunfire from the Shoreline and i called it that for what i believe are pretty obvious reasons. You see it.
I am a lover of the primary colors Red Yellow and Blue, and i really love to use them together in pictures.
Thank you to everyone for the kind feedback, I think i've found a nice group to share these Microsoft paint pictures with.

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Originally i didn't plan on uploading a picture for today but the Microsoft Paint bug seems to have bitten me, and the infected wound has produced this here picture.

This picture is called "Trophy of Man"
It features a long blue man (species unknown) on a red background. He may not look a lot like a human but i find that sometimes I also feel like an elongated blue freak on a red background. Do you ever feel like an elongated blue freak on a red background?

Thank you for viewing today's Microsoft paint picture and remember to manually eject your USB drives to prevent file loss or corruption.

riptidejim

Have a good night!

rear end-penny posted:

also have you ever seen any Alberto Giacometti? blue man kind of reminds me of his figure sculpture

I had not until your recommendation. What beautiful art, i love his sketches also. i'm a very big enjoyer of art that could be described as "controlled chaos"

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Good morning everyone today i've got a topical picture. RavenousScoot put it exactly, but i'll explain some of my process. Today i made a picture that will tie in to this explanation, because this is Microsoft paint's coolest hidden feature and i would love to talk a little about it.

First i will show today's picture. I did have a title prepared but upon reflection i would like to leave it untitled. I stuck to my favorite primary colors for balance. As you can see it has a lot of lines and shapes similar to the picture "Gunfire from the Shoreline" because i used almost the same process.

The picture is made with the "stamp" feature as explained by RavenousScoot. Using either the Select or Free-Form Select tools will allow use of this. The important part is making sure you've got this option selected when using either of these tools.

you're semi limited in how it will come out when using only one paint window. Black lines on a white background will make that cool, repeated effect, because the white will be read as transparent due to the transparent selection option. But, say you make a filled-in red circle for example. Using the stamp on this will not produce much of an effect, it will basically just be a very large red brush that will fill the whole space in with red. So, sometimes i will open a paint window and start my picture. then in another window, i will make a triangle out of thin black lines on a white, or transparent, background. Then i will copy and paste this triangle, or whatever shape i make, into my original picture. Then i will stamp it to my liking. This is not always the case though, as i sort of plan out what i want the picture to look like beforehand. So sometimes i will erase, fill in, or modify certain lines in the overall picture after stamping. After all, sometimes it becomes too messy and needs to be sorted.

I must thank you guys again for the kind words, i've loved using Microsoft paint as a medium for many, many years and will continue to do so. I remember a couple years after Windows XP came out my family upgraded and i made my mom a picture called "Mother's day.jpeg." It wasn't the first time i made something in Microsoft paint, but it was the first time i ever felt like i had made an art piece, like an artist. If that makes sense.

riptidejim

Have a good night!

RavenousScoot posted:

snuck a few minutes at work to throw this together

I also like squashing and stretching things to look chunky, like the tree bark

Fantastic work, i love that you make use of the many different tools. provides great texture and depth.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I've spent the day making some music, some more paint pictures, now i am having a Watermelon Red bull and waiting for my 4pm shift.

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Hi everyone I know i usually post in the morning but today i had Morning Obligations so I'm here now to make a picture post.
Today i have a fun picture for you guys.

This picture is called "Digital Worm." If you've scrolled on the page at all yet then you probably understand why. Go ahead and give it a scroll. Yeah give it another one.
Look at that, the picture is moving. It's an optical illusion picture, and they look like little worms. Little loving worms crawling around all over the screen.
Anyway i hope that picture keeps you entertained for maybe three or four minutes (my usual quota)

I've got a bonus picture for today because the other one was more like just a funny thing

A nice sunset for an evening post. :)

Also one more detail because i understand my username is misleading but i'm actually a girl and my real name is not Jim
Riptide Jim was a pseudonym i used in high school for making prank calls or ordering pizzas/packages, anything i needed a name for. I first used it in school for a game, it just came to me. I liked how it sounded so it stuck. it was almost the name i chose to make music under, but i ended up picking "Magic Bus" which was the name of one of my dad's garage bands in the early 1970s. i usually like to have some sort of relevance behind the usernames i pick so that i can remember.

i've been cranking paint pictures out like crazy recently so i should be back tomorrow to post one.

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Had a busy day yesterday so I didnt get around to posting, ended up at a professional wrestling show from 6:30-11. it was fun, very entertaining!

Today's picture is called Rainbow Bridge and it is dedicated to my deceased dog friend Maggie.

Maybe this picture will allow you to remember a nice memory with an animal friend no longer with us. they may not talk like humans or wear pants or go to the bank but they are fantastic friends who can help us through things that sometimes other humans can't. It's good to keep in mind that these friends don't get as much time here as we do, so remember to spend all the time with them as you can. This way, at the end of their life, you can look back and be happy that you were able to make so many great memories with them. Never take your animal friends for granted!

I'll be back with another picture soon, but for now i must go have a smoke and a drink. Anyone got a light?

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Here's a paint picture that i dont even know what to call. We'll call it spiky ball.

spiky ball is simple. I stayed a little grounded with it. I can't always be gettign out of hand with colors and lines. Man not to fuckin divert the topic but what the gently caress TV Land plays the same episodes of Seinfeld every fuckin day I've seen the episode where Jerry dates miss rhode island and he accidentally kills her birds about four or five times in the past two weeks. Thats like 2 or 3 times a week. What the gently caress man

Almost forgot to put the picture in the post.

This is spiky ball and i hope you enjoy it. You know what i was gonna post this right now but I want to show another picture. Check it out

This one i did in a few different color palettes and couldnt decide but ultimately im gonnapost the red and yellow one. it's untitled i don't know what to call it.
Good night byob

riptidejim

Have a good night!
It's 9:00 Eastern standard time and you know what that means that means it's time for another Microsoft PAINT PICTURE

Today the picture is called "0wgh1kw" I have nof ucking idea why. Basically this picture is a triangle or actually a lot of triangles and there's also a limited palette of colors i'm trying tnot to get bland here. My acid reflux is pretty bad right now usually when i have a lemonade this late my acid reflux really acts up.
Does anyone know the state of the Burger king toys are they still cool? I was thikning about that earlier today because i havent seen a burger king toy in ages.

I made today's picture purely for a cool visual which is pretty much what i do most of the time. I just like to be cool. I am going to be displaying some art in a local dive bar from June to july and i've decided to include some of these very pictures in that display. I also have some other paintings on canvas i will be displaying.

Alright im done with my post now BYOB have a great night and rest those tired eyes 'fore tomorrow turns today.

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Hell o BYOB apologies for my long absence. I have been a little busy in my life recently and have not had much time to sit and make a post. But i have a free moment here and i would like to make a post for everyone.

Today i have brought a picture called "Portrait of John Bonham" and it is a picture of John bonham of Led Zeppelin. I am a drummer and john bonham has always been one of my favorites, so i made a paint picture of his portrait. I actually made this a while ago but i figure it would be nice to share in my microsoft paint picture thread.

I have a second picture for today.

This one is called "Corridors" and its called that because i thought of the word while i was coming up with what it would be called. Yeah thats about it.
So anyway this picture is a little more minimal color-wise as opposed to the other images i've posted. I wanted to limit the palette of this one to give it its own identity. it worked because this one has its own identity, and its identity is "green"
Last night i went to this bar to see my dad. He told me about this girl he used to see and how he used to shoot ice cubes into her with his mouth. I guess now we know where i get my creativity. Thats all the time i have for today BYOB and until next time remember never to read doctor's office magazines; you never know who was touching that.

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Sound the alarm, It's time for another paint picture
Life has been throwing me quite a few curveballs and a couple fastballs and maybe even the baseball bat too. Sometimes Life has a way of saying "I'm gonna kick your rear end"
All we can do is endure. Endure as much rear end kicking as you can.

Today's picture is called "Endure"

Hopefully everyone has a good day. Last night i was supposed to go to another pro wrestling show but I became sick on the way and threw up, which made me want to go home instead. The weather was bad for driving anyway. I feel bad because i was taking my brother with me and i may have ruined his night by deciding on going home after not feeling well.
Today i'm going to be hanging out with an old friend that i became reacquainted with through my job. we haven't hung out with each other since 2016 so it'll be interesting to catch up and fill in the blanks on what happened in our lives since then. Wow almost 10 years.
Me and this friend had a falling out a little bit after i graduated high school which is why we stopped hanging out. But you can't hang on to negative feelings for so long. You have to realize that everyone grows and changes, especially after almost a decade. The person you were mad at 8 years ago may not even exist anymore, and that person may feel sorry for how they acted back then. It's good to welcome friends back into your life. It may even help you endure.

Until next time

riptidejim

Have a good night!
BYOB i hate my job. I want to kick my managers rear end. I will gnaw the corporate bark off America until the day i die, and i refuse to die until that America lay stripped. Now i have a paint picture for today April tenth.

This picture is called "Pinpoint" and it uses my favorite shade of blue, which is also my favorite color in general. i'm also a fan of lemon-lime (neon yellow-green) magenta and teal and royal purple. Love lots of colors.
sometimes I wish i wasn't such a cynical person. As i get older i become increasingly jaded, which is obviously very common. It makes me wonder who this world is made for.

Poll question: Which is worse for you, red bull or soda
Leave your answers for me and i will take them into consideration (if you say soda) (if you say red bull i will ignore it)

riptidejim

Have a good night!

Areola Grande posted:

soda is worse OP. I have a theory that America's obesity epidemic is rooted in folks drinking sugar and high fructose corn syrup.

Nice. Yeah i know Red Bull really isnt much better but man i need to cut back on soda. I'm very thin (6'0" 120lbs) but i just worry about having too much sugary poo poo and getting diabetes or something. Luckily i do also drink a lot of water. I just love drinks. me and watermelon red bull have a very good relationship.

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Today feels like a good day for a microsoft paint picture.
First things first, here's today's picture.

Don't know what to call it. Maybe one of you can name it for me because i just woke up.
yesterday was cool I was invited to my friend's band's practice space. We recorded an improvised track with another person from his band, inspired by the work of Nervous Cop. It was great to be playing drums and recording again, even if it was something small. my body is definitely feeling it today. I tear my hands up whenever i play drums but i love how it feels. Today i started the day by listening to Jerry Cantrell's "Degradation Trip" album and putting some laundry in.

Here's another picture its a 1 minute sketch of my house

They'll never censor me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a good day mother fuckers

riptidejim

Have a good night!

alnilam posted:

Lovely... I propse: Krystal Kingdom

I like it. Krystal Kingdom it is.

riptidejim

Have a good night!
I fell asleep at 8:30pm on accident. now my day starts at 4am. That's what i get. Anyway here's a picture

I will call this one "Corridors"
It's something a little different than what i normally do, i wanted to flip the whole system on its head. They'll never censor me

I think im gonna have a red bull now because i dont think im gonna be falling asleep again. Does anyone know of the taco bell promotion for the 1998 Godzilla movie? I got the cup holder off of ebay and my bong fits in it perfectly. Now it's a 1998 Taco bell Godzilla bong holder.
I want to make a short mention that even though my posts are becoming less frequent, i will never forget to post a Microsoft Paint picture. I don't plan on abandoning this I must bring the people of BYOB the Paint Pictures.

more recently i've been working with Paint In Real Life again. Maybe some time i will post a Real Life Paint Picture. wouldn't that REALY flip the whole system on its head... Yeah... yeah gently caress yeah...,

Signing off

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Hi everyone today I've decided to post a microsoft paint picture

I tried something a little bit different visually with this picture. It's not as sharp or pointy or zig zag-y as the other ones but it has its own identity.
It was actually made a couple months ago but i never posted it. i thought i did but i didnt.

I think it's called "Through the Brick wall" Because it looks like a brick wall if you could see through it. Or it looks like what i would assume it looks like to look through a brick wall. If there's any body with X-ray vision in this thread that can confirm that would be great.

Recently i've been a little more busy than i've been used to. I've been hanging out with some friends more frequently, and practicing playing drums again. All in between working a job that makes me want to lunge at the general public. But who can't say that about their job
Last night was pretty regular i watched my brother make a fly head out of sculpting clay and i played Team fortress 2 for the first time in a while. I think the red bulls have been giving me light headed feeling. Either that or its sometimes when i smoke weed because one time i got really high and couldn't stop thinking about chicken fat (makes me grossed out) and it got so bad i passed out in the middle of taking a piss and i hit my head on the bathroom door (small bathroom)

Anyway now that i've talked your ears off i think it's time I go and wash my hair before work. Hopefully you enjoy the new Microsoft Paint picture. Thank you for all the continuous kind words and sentiments, i will be back soon to provide another Picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Guess who is back with a picture. Shut the gently caress up it's me,
I have a Microsoft paint picture today. I've been a little side tracked by a commission i received. a Doctor wants me to paint his dog. So i said hey yeah i'll do it.

First things first, today's picture is this

I want to call it "Bubbles and craters: The Bottom of The Ocean" I have once again taken a slightly different approach with this picture. I'm exploring different methods and things to provide a unique image each time. Dude fuckin the lifetime channel has been playing Frasier recently which is great but I keep seeing the commercials for their Lifetime movies. I want to know why massive amounts of money go toward creating poo poo like this. Do people even watch it. Anyway yeah i thought about shapes i use less often with this picture so that's why there's lots of circles. The circles make me think of bubbles which makes me think of the ocean and then when i think about the ocean it's hard not to think about the endless unexplored depths below. Imagine what kind of hosed up fish live in there.

I broke my bong's bowl piece yesterday morning. I was clearing it out with a pocket knife and it just broke in my hand. had to walk down the street and get a new one from Paulie. I grabbed a couple Red bulls too, i am currently enjoying one of them that i saved for today. Called out of dumb rear end work because I forgot i was going to a show tonight and my shift intersected with it. I thought about telling my manager that my grandfather died (both already dead) but i went with the classic "dont feel well" instead to save myself the guilt. Honestly though i think both my grandfathers would understand and would let me use them as an excuse to get out of work. Should've actually asked them before they died.

Alright if you read this far i've run out of things to type I think i'm gonna play a couple games of Team fortress 2. Keep the change ya filthy animal