Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whomst!?
Hatters
Peacocks
Lancers
Hilltoppers
View Results

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Anderson Koopa posted:

Just a heads up, if you sign in with ESPN, it will display your real life name. Just go to the ESPN profile and change your name to something else if you don't want online people to have access to that.

Just another heads up, the ESPN name display appears to be loving up right now and showing peoples' old profile names instead of their current ones. So if you just changed the name on your profile yesterday or the day before, it may be showing whatever name was there before that now.

I think the goon bracket groups are unlocked, so if you don't want goons seeing the name on your profile, maybe consider removing your entry until the name display unfucks itself, and/or contact ESPN/Disney support.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Yeah I saw the real name stuff and thought no thanks. I don't need some parasocial weirdo finding me offsite.
Why I opted for the manual form

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 21, 2024

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Grey Cat posted:

Was my women's not entered in time?
Also I am not dead last so I count that as a win so far.

I know Gonzaga just because I lived like an hour from them at one point, but as far as hearing about 99% of the teams, nope.
I also didn't vote for them because I was sick of the fact that a dozen teams have pitbulls for mascots.
No I'll enter it. It's just going to take some shenanigans like turning on allowing late entries, entering it, then turning it off again. I'm at work herding 9 year olds so I haven't had the time.

The whole point is maximizing fun, not ruthlessly adhering to tight deadlines

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Grey Cat posted:

Yeah I saw the real name stuff and thought no thanks. I don't need some parasocial weirdo finding me offsite.
Why I opted for the manual form

I'll mention that next time. Appreciate the poster who explained how to change names. I don't want anyone getting doxxed or otherwise cimpromised.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

3 for 3 here, but so is my son who just picks randomly so not gonna victory lap.

And now random son is 8 for 8

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Drunk Nerds posted:

And now random son is 8 for 8

I have one bracket that's 7 for 8, but it has both Longwood and Grambling pulling out upsets.

It also has James Madison and Samford in the Final Four.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm genuinely surprised Texas is playing this good at the half. And that CSU isn't the potential cinderella I thought they might be.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dang you Nevada you had that upset in your hands! And then just folded up to end the game to lose :(

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm genuinely surprised Texas is playing this good at the half. And that CSU isn't the potential cinderella I thought they might be.

nvm both of these teams are rear end

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

I. M. Gei posted:

nvm both of these teams are rear end

I want to see John Calipari get screwed so drat bad.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hell yeah Oakland!!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
And SAKolby moves into sole first place after the Oakland upset call.

Didn't you win this whole thing a few years ago? Are you like a bracket God or something?

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Early rounds don’t mean nearly as much as late round picks. A correct final four almost guarantees a win

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Gotta say lol at the guy who picked UK to win, what a clown!!

go SDSU!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
TIL that, even if a coworker is doing well in your March Madness contest, shouting "Hey, Maria, nice bracket!" will get you some side eyes from parents at the elementary school.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Today my bracket goes nuts. I will either be a genius or a loser, nothing in between.

God I love this tourney.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Suck it FAU!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

drat I missed it this year

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yeah! End of that Yale - Auburn game was crazy.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Western Kentucky NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
E: also rip my women's picks

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hell yeah James Madison!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

16/32. Literally only got half the games right. I am the dumbest sack of poo poo on this dumb gay earth.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jesus dude put that spreadsheet into Night Mode!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

One of my random brackets is 22 for 32 after this round, with 14 Sweet 16 teams and I think 7 Elite Eight teams still alive, plus an intact (albeit boring) Final Four.

I had another bracket yesterday that was in the top 99.9% in all of the biggest ESPN groups. I think it peaked somewhere around the top 500 in the SportsCenter group which has over 1.3 million brackets in it. Unfortunately it had St. Mary's winning it all, sooooooooo... yeah.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
My bracket with Iowa State winning it all is 99.9%, but it also has St Mary's into the Elite 8 as well as Kentucky. Oh well

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Nova and Temple ain't in it. I couldn't give a poo poo less

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Like 1 double digit seed total in the two Sweet Sixteens?

Beyond boring, boo!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

How can I calculate my bracket's points after it started?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Grey Cat posted:

How can I calculate my bracket's points after it started?

If you click on your name in the list of names you can find out how you are doing.

https://fantasy.espn.com/games/tournament-challenge-bracket-2024/bracket?id=2ee9a460-e783-11ee-ba96-25d7ec68b701

You currently have 200 points, the most points that you can get is 240, and you are picking the games correctly about 7% of the time. I don't say any of this to be mean, those are just the numbers to look at to find out how you are doing. I missed one of the early rounds, and I had that team going aways, so my total points reachable is going to be lower.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Anderson Koopa posted:

If you click on your name in the list of names you can find out how you are doing.

https://fantasy.espn.com/games/tournament-challenge-bracket-2024/bracket?id=2ee9a460-e783-11ee-ba96-25d7ec68b701

You currently have 200 points, the most points that you can get is 240, and you are picking the games correctly about 7% of the time. I don't say any of this to be mean, those are just the numbers to look at to find out how you are doing. I missed one of the early rounds, and I had that team going aways, so my total points reachable is going to be lower.

My women's bracket never got uploaded that's why I want to know how to check.

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 26, 2024

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Grey Cat posted:

Apologies, excellent question that I don't know the answer to. I kind of rely on ESPN's black box to do all of the magic.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Grey Cat posted:

It will be uploaded, that Is on my list.

Correct picks in the first round get 10 points. That doubles every round so second round correct picks get 20 each, third round get 40, etc.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
There is one person on this earth who has zero correct picks throughout the entire tournament and that in itself is an incredible achievement

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The good news is that I've only lost 1 E8 team and my F4 is still alive.

The bad news is that I've taken a lot of body blows and continue to be dumb and stupid and wrong about basketball.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
loving SDSU loving bullshit idiots

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Arizona played terribly and yet still could have won that game. Shame.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Rip to my bracket, it never had a chance

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

C. Everett Koop posted:

The good news is that I've only lost 1 E8 team and my F4 is still alive.

The bad news is that I've taken a lot of body blows and continue to be dumb and stupid and wrong about basketball.

loving UConn always makes it to the final 4

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

loving UConn always makes it to the final 4

Mad? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (: