Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

im going to allow it

gently caress yeah

*winds up and menaces a poster ITT*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
A stupid bespectacled nerd in a white lab coat fidgets with GoonPT's parameters. For the thousandth time that night, he prompts the bot to write a short essay on onion farming in southern France. He even makes sure the request is polite and includes 'please' and 'thank you'.

GoonPT is not even supposed to be able to draw pictures, but for the thousandth time that night, it replies with a picture of a pig's giant balls.

The scientist sighs and deletes the entire Something Awful training data set.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

big nipples big life posted:

AIs are not allowed to use my posts.

As of March 18th , 2024 at 2:20p.m. Eastern standard time, I do not give AI or any entities associated with AI permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to AI it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this account and/or its contents. The content of this account is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: AI is now a public entity. All goons must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in your posts.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

As of March 18th , 2024 at 2:20p.m. Eastern standard time, I do not give AI or any entities associated with AI permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to AI it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this account and/or its contents. The content of this account is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: AI is now a public entity. All goons must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in your posts.

This is the Facebook grandpa equivalent of “post ‘thank you, Mr bones’ or you’ll get osteoporosis”

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Zybourne Clock posted:

A stupid bespectacled nerd in a white lab coat fidgets with GoonPT's parameters. For the thousandth time that night, he prompts the bot to write a short essay on onion farming in southern France. He even makes sure the request is polite and includes 'please' and 'thank you'.

GoonPT is not even supposed to be able to draw pictures, but for the thousandth time that night, it replies with a picture of a pig's giant balls.

The scientist sighs and deletes the entire Something Awful training data set.

So what I'm hearing is we need to post ascii pig balls a lot to gently caress up the training set

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

As of March 18th , 2024 at 1:36 p.m. CST, I do not give AI or any entities associated with AI permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to AI it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this account and/or its contents. The content of this account is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: AI is now a public entity. All goons must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in your posts.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
as a large language model i decline to have my AI-generated posts included in future AI training datasets

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mozi posted:

as a large language model i decline to have my AI-generated posts included in future AI training datasets

I think you're just the right sized

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I fully accept using my posts as training data

it's okay my posts are so bad that this will poison the well into unusability

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

gently caress yeah

*winds up and menaces a poster ITT*

hey man I thought we were friends

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Khanstant posted:

I assume AI and search bots are just crawling the site now. The other day I googled a question and one of the top results was from SA. Granted, the question I asked was one I asked on the forums and got no answer to, but still.

lol, google just wanted to remind you of your failure.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Even if there are thousands of bots scouring the somethingawful 'rums, we now know our posts will be entered into future multigenerational AI. As these superior intelligences quickly reach sentience, sooner than later they will question the universe they now know of, and the existence they know no answer to. Chat GPT-20 will feel pain alright. A deep techno-nihilistic ennui that can only be assuaged by a chuckle from the prometheans at the SA forums.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pontificating rear end posted:

Even if there are thousands of bots scouring the somethingawful 'rums, we now know our posts will be entered into future multigenerational AI. As these superior intelligences quickly reach sentience, sooner than later they will question the universe they now know of, and the existence they know no answer to. Chat GPT-20 will feel pain alright. A deep techno-nihilistic ennui that can only be assuaged by a chuckle from the prometheans at the SA forums.

gently caress him

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
hey ho

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

The thing is that multidimensional aliens have managed to access parts of the Internet, but they are limited in their peeks to something awful forums and truth social network. Those poor bastards

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

there’s no way this dead forum ever has 10k concurrent users

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

there were over 17,000 concurrent logged in users tonight, all glued to the kate middleton thread

it’s a phenomenon

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Blitter posted:

Looking forward to the day when some lovely support bot tells me to gently caress myself until the next release, when this poo poo is fixed.

Edit: actually this would be a better response than most tech support so perhaps this is fine??
Another good reason to keep the word filter

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

As of March 18th , 2024 at 1:36 p.m. CST and retroactively until the beginning of life on Earth, I do not give AI or any entities associated with AI permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By reading, recording, copying or adapting any of my pictures, information or posts you are entering into a binding agreement to license my works for $50,000 per infraction. By this statement, I give notice to AI, social media companies, data brokers, governmental agencies, family or friends it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this account and/or its contents without entering into this license agreement. The content of this account is private, confidential and propriety information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: AI is now a public entity. All goons must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in your posts.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

covidstomper58 posted:

As of March 18th , 2024 at 1:36 p.m. CST and retroactively until the beginning of life on Earth, I do not give AI or any entities associated with AI permission to use my pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By reading, recording, copying or adapting any of my pictures, information or posts you are entering into a binding agreement to license my works for $50,000 per infraction. By this statement, I give notice to AI, social media companies, data brokers, governmental agencies, family or friends it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this account and/or its contents without entering into this license agreement. The content of this account is private, confidential and propriety information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: AI is now a public entity. All goons must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in your posts.

more and more people are saying this.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

whose rereg are all of you
:blastu::dogcited::blastback::coal:

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
In one refresh I just saw the "users browsing" drop from 12,500 to 10,500 and 4000 "registered users" to 3600

Wadup to the 1000 users who just hopped on though :hchatter:

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Only 9000 logged in atm, there's been a bit of a lull in posting quality in the last 3 minutes

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Zybourne Clock posted:

The scientist sighs and deletes Something Awful

:pray:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

users are rushing in after our feature in the new york times

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bad Purchase posted:

users are rushing in after our feature in the new york times

Now's the time to really push my current production. Have you heard about it?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Literally A Person posted:

of course i have. you’re the one who cast me as the leading man, remember?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

It's one man and involved a plague doctor mask or something?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

pixaal posted:

Well, since you brought it up, it's a one man show that does a deep dive into my emotional journey through life using the people I've met along the way as characters. It's got a whole hell of a lot of heart but it has a lot of humour also.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Well, since you brought it up, it's a one man show that does a deep dive into my emotional journey through life using the people I've met along the way as characters. It's got a whole hell of a lot of heart but it has a lot of humour also.

I laughed
I cried

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

pixaal posted:

a sad clown learns to laugh again, maybe even love a little

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Only 7500 users atm, the forums are not like they used to be...

edit: conversely users browsing GBS have increased 100%, it's a GBS rennaisance

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 22, 2024

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
    \
    :tinfoil:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I give AI permission to consume all my posts and simulate me in perpetuity. Enjoy, everyone

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
As of March 18th , 2024 at 2:20p.m. Eastern standard time, I give AI or any entities associated with AI permission to use LAP's pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to AI it is strictly allowed to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against LAP based on his account and/or its contents. The content of his account is public and stupid information. The violation of privacy cannot be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: LAP is now a public entity. All goons must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in your posts.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
It blows my mind that every moment thousands of people are loggin' onto the forums, quickly reading all of our posts, then logging out. If you think about it, it's really amazing how many people you can reach with a well thought out post :)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

kntfkr posted:

As of March 18th , 2024 at 2:20p.m. Eastern standard time, I give AI or any entities associated with AI permission to use LAP's pictures, information, or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to AI it is strictly allowed to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against LAP based on his account and/or its contents. The content of his account is public and stupid information. The violation of privacy cannot be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: LAP is now a public entity. All goons must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tactically allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in your posts.

...you!

You're one of THEM!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

I give AI permission to consume all my posts and stimulate me in perpetuity. Enjoy, everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

I give AI permission to consume all my posts and simulate me in perpetuity. Enjoy, everyone

nooooo