Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
We can never use that word again. I know some of you may find this hard to hear. I myself have used the word, often in jest. We fought a long battle to preserve the ironic usage of the word. We even tried to "reclaim" it but now it's time to face facts. We can never use that word again. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prurient Squid

I propose we have a funeral for the word. A single person will enter a coal cellar. Once enclosed in total darkness he or she will inscribe the word on a slip of paper as legibly as they can given the circumstances. Then they fold it multiple times. On emerging, the folded paper will be encased in resin and fitted into a word sized coffin. The tiny coffin will be lowered into the ground. A song that used the word will be performed by a band known for their fondness for using that particular word. But all instances of the word will be replaced by clown noises. Then we will all salute as the word is buried forever.

Prurient Squid

I had a friend who wasn't sure if he knew what the word was. So he's avoiding using a series of words in the hope of avoiding using the word by accident. I want to tell him what the word is but I can't without using the word. I'm in a real bind with this one. We should have thought this out better.

Prurient Squid

There's not actual law against using the word. Officially it's on free speech grounds but in actuallity it's that criminilising the use of the word would require writing the word down. The clerk is too afraid and keeps asking "what word do you mean" and then lawmakers trying to draft the bill keep responding "you know, the word!" It's a little game they play back forth. Year upon year.

Prurient Squid

lol at people trying to work out what the word is. Go ahead. It's worth a shot I guess. Not that I would ever condone saying the word even in your own mind of course.

Prurient Squid

They're testing the use of slur detection dogs at airports and on the one hand I approve and on the other I worry it will be a slippery slope in the further erosion of civil liberties.

Prurient Squid

I was honestly afraid that one of you guys was going to troll the thread by posting the word but I'm glad to see that you held it together and resisted temptation.

Prurient Squid

Ok, which of you asshats made a cryptocurrency out of that-which-must-not-be-spoken. I know it was one of you. Geez, learn to read the room. This kind of prank would have been funny ten years ago. I'd like to think we'd all have matured since then but I guess not. Sigh.

Prurient Squid

Pahilla the Hun posted:

My mom whispered the word once in church.

Noooooooooooooooo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prurient Squid

People keep saying "the word" a lot. I hope that isn't some kind of innuendo for... you know the word. Because your better than this. And yeah I know I just said "the word" myself but I had to say it as an example.