Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
being punched
ow!
gently caress!
hurts hand
swings and misses
goku
View Results

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Right handed block like bored Neo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
fr fr though, I have always been a non-violent person. Don't like hurtin' fools. But I did get into a fight once. Got punched a couple times and that sucked but what really sucked is I punched this dude, a friend really, super loving hard and I knew that it hurt like absolute gently caress and that was an incredibly uncool feeling.

Insults on the other hand....

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
While you studied the blade, I learned every insult. That's right, all of them. Who's the fool now, you panty-sniffer?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
how appropriate, your mother looks like a cow

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I almost punched somebody last night. There I was just having a few dozen drinks and some gas station sushi at home while recovering from a concussion and then some dweeb calls all like “boo hoo I locked my keys in my car like it’s 1997 oh woe is me” and now I gotta drive the tow truck all the ways out to this guy an hour away. So’s I get there and there’s this chump wearing roller skates crying outside his Prius like it’s my fuggin problem. So there I am tryin to open this guy’s door and he’s all like “oh boo hoo you’re taking too long” and so’s I tell the guy maybe he outta ride them skates home before things get ugly. Then this jerk has the nerve to grab my tools and open his own door! Jeez Louise the nerve of this guy! A “thank you” woulda been nice is all I’m sayin.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I almost punched somebody last night. There I was just having a few dozen drinks and some gas station sushi at home while recovering from a concussion and then some dweeb calls all like “boo hoo I locked my keys in my car like it’s 1997 oh woe is me” and now I gotta drive the tow truck all the ways out to this guy an hour away. So’s I get there and there’s this chump wearing roller skates crying outside his Prius like it’s my fuggin problem. So there I am tryin to open this guy’s door and he’s all like “oh boo hoo you’re taking too long” and so’s I tell the guy maybe he outta ride them skates home before things get ugly. Then this jerk has the nerve to grab my tools and open his own door! Jeez Louise the nerve of this guy! A “thank you” woulda been nice is all I’m sayin.

-_-

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

lol

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

How many real adult fights have you been in? Not asking professional boxers/MMA gals.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
five hundred and seventy-t.... oh just a sec *pow* *bam* *kathwap* five hundred and seventy-four

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

hes being antagonistic today. just ignore him

Just today? Isn't that him always?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Saalkin posted:

Just today? Isn't that him always?

i made you a fly siggy :(

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
My dad taught me how to throw a punch, my mom taught me how to take one

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Literally A Person posted:

i made you a fly siggy :(

I'm sorry I love you

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Saalkin posted:

I'm sorry I love you

folded immediately at the sad face smilie. and thats why LAP never needs to throw a punch. everyone taking notes?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

gently caress! I've been had!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Bags and LAP besting me. I'll get you both when I post the revenge mega thread

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I just legit love punching and fighting. With all the people's of the world.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmfudW7rbG0

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

folded immediately at the sad face smilie. and thats why LAP never needs to throw a punch. everyone taking notes?

Float like a butterfly, weasel out of poo poo like a weasel.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I was at a funeral home when my great grandma died and was talking to my sister for a second. She was talking about someone that annoyed her and said she wanted to “fist him” obviously meaning “punch him” in this context. I tried to warn her that she maybe shouldn’t talk about fisting people out in the open, but she didn’t really get it and I had to explain to her what fisting was.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Gila. Gila. Gila. Gila, monster. Whoooo!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

Float like a butterfly, weasel out of poo poo like a weasel.

lol

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

For those confused about my last post: Saalkin's AV is the cover of this album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQX2CsMCB9M

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I'd be fine with being punched if I could be listening to King Gizzard when it happened :hai:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Revins posted:

I'd be fine with being punched if I could be listening to King Gizzard when it happened :hai:

:hmmyes:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i punched and have been punched 1 (one) time in my kind of adult life (college). i cut my hand on the guy's teeth and he absolutely rattled my brain and then smarter people tackled us. you could say i'm a combat master.

edit: i mostly missed with my swing, just kinda grazed the chompers

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Fighting never solves anything.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Rad-daddio posted:

actually it says right in the bible: Well, maybe there's a God above
As for me all I've ever learned from love
Is how to shoot somebody who outdrew you

this parable shows that you should shoot people when you meet them, so :shrug:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rad-daddio posted:

It depends if you kick the other guy's rear end or not.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rad-daddio posted:

Pretty sure it solves the question of who would win in a fight

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

one thing a lot of people don't know about good form and throwing a proper punch, is that most of your power comes from the legs, hips, and torso, and ideally you should form a fist around a knife and then punch your opponent with the "blade"

this is why a big wallop is known as a haymaker, since knives are used to cut hay

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

It doesn't event tell who is the better fighter, combat sport fan discussions prove it fails at even that point

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Buce posted:

one thing a lot of people don't know about good form and throwing a proper punch, is that most of your power comes from the legs, hips, and torso, and ideally you should form a fist around a knife and then punch your opponent with the "blade"

this is why a big wallop is known as a haymaker, since knives are used to cut hay

This is so true. It's a series of twisting and torque.

My master was an old man long ago, and very small and thin, and yet when he demonstrated a punch or a kick, wow. So much power. And he was this little old man.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Buce posted:

Shakira was right, the hips don't lie

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I always worry about being one of those people with a messed up vein in my brain that might rupture if I ever get punched. Just one light tap and I'm dead on the floor.

Also, I guess I've never been punched. I try to be as chill as possible irl, and solve problems with patience and communication. This method will work for me right up until I get violently murdered, I guess.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rad-daddio posted:

I always worry about being one of those people with a messed up vein in my brain that might rupture if I ever get punched. Just one light tap and I'm dead on the floor.

Also, I guess I've never been punched. I try to be as chill as possible irl, and solve problems with patience and communication. This method will work for me right up until I get violently murdered, I guess.

Stand behind me brother, I will punch and be punched for both of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

no punching in the punching thread.