Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
being punched
ow!
gently caress!
hurts hand
swings and misses
goku
View Results

Benjamin Disraeli
Oct 19, 2005

Let's have some fun
This beat is sick
Let's play a Love game!
I always have thought that you've gotta hand it to Jim Jones; he sure KO'd a lot of people with one punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
:page3:

Punctual megathread.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

Mozi posted:

you think i'm coming with a punch but that's why you don't see my sweet roundhouse kick

I have been knocked out by a real roundhouse kick. First I was looking my squad leader in the face, next I woke up in the backseat of someone else's car 2 miles away. Apparently got knocked out on my feet.

Also punching is fun. Too fun.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

redshirt posted:

Stand behind me brother, I will punch and be punched for both of us.

I will carry the boombox and film this endeavor vertically with my prepaid phone.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chin down. Just remember that. And tight little jabs will be way more effective than some "swinging for the fences" roundhouse.

Also, if you get punched in the Shnozz for the first time you might lose your mind....Just keep your chin down.

Prof. Fantastic
Aug 24, 2007

Everybody needs a little Scooter Duck in their lives...
The only fight I ever saw was more of an assault. it came out of no where and the guy punching just jabbed this guy in his face multiple times. I don't know if it was because I was raised by media and I never witnessed something like it before, but it didn't even register what was happening until the victim guy started shouting -- maybe like 5-10 seconds-- at which point me and another person separated the two.
irl unprofessional fighting looks weird imo.

DemonToadGoat
Jan 12, 2015

I like to be on time, but often I show up too early, like 35 minutes or more, so I find a side street to sit on my phone and wait for a more appropriate time to go. But then I end up distracted and/or lost and end up late anyway

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DemonToadGoat posted:

I like to be on time, but often I show up too early, like 35 minutes or more, so I find a side street to sit on my phone and wait for a more appropriate time to go. But then I end up distracted and/or lost and end up late anyway

lol. Just stand behind me friend.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

DemonToadGoat posted:

noooooooooooooooooooo

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Prof. Fantastic posted:

irl unprofessional fighting looks weird imo.

Untrained people do not know how to punch. It usually looks like closed fist slapping.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I like how in TV and movies the fights last for several minutes. Sure; if the two people are extremely well trained. IRL most fights last about 5 seconds. One person hits the other hard, and the the fight is over.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Internetjack posted:

I like how in TV and movies the fights last for several minutes. Sure; if the two people are extremely well trained. IRL most fights last about 5 seconds. One person hits the other hard, and the the fight is over.

TV and movies have separated the reality and expectation of fighting to such an enormous degree they are barely related. In Hollywood folks get thrown out windows, blasted from planes, punched in the face over and over and they just have a few bruises, even if that.

When in reality you'll be amazed/terrified how fragile you are.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

I have been knocked out by a real roundhouse kick. First I was looking my squad leader in the face, next I woke up in the backseat of someone else's car 2 miles away. Apparently got knocked out on my feet.

Also punching is fun. Too fun.

:lmao: were they happy or disappointed that you came to?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

You get pretty used to it both ways.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I would demolish Saalkin in a fist fight

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

TrashMammal posted:

:lmao: were they happy or disappointed that you came to?

They didn't know I was out. I basically lost about 15 minutes of memory.

The short version is this: When I was in the Army, my best buddy and squad leader, who is a competitive judo fighter and black belt, was teaching my squad plus a few guys some Judo fundamentals. I was (unintentionally) sparring harder than I should have been with the other guys, and it was driving him crazy because it was making it hard for him to teach. He finally snapped on me after like the 5th warning and said; "You want to fight for real? Square up right now."

I knew I was about to get my rear end handed to me, but I didn't anticipate that I wouldn't even see it coming lol. What apparently happened next is he kicked me in the face so hard that I fell flat on my rear end, then bounced up immediately and started cleaning up our sparring area, rolling up mats, etc. Everyone just figured that was a good stopping point and started doing the same, so they helped out-on-my-feet me clean up, and I got in their car. We were nearly back to the barracks when I came to in the back seat and started asking how the gently caress I got there, which took everyone by surprise.

I had about two days worth of nasty migraines from that, definitely got a real TBI. And, strangely, considering that I've been speared in the eye with a guideon (resulting in knockout), hit by a car (knocked out by pavement), blood choked and suffered a couple concussions playing football and using a cast iron post pounder (no knockout, but slight daze), that kick was by far the worst concussion/tbi I have ever endured.

Vile_Nihlist666 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 20, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

They didn't know I was out. I basically lost about 15 minutes of memory.

The short version is this: When I was in the Army, my best buddy and squad leader, who is a competitive judo fighter and black belt, was teaching my squad plus a few guys some Judo fundamentals. I was (unintentionally) sparring harder than I should have been with the other guys, and it was driving him crazy because it was making it hard for him to teach. He finally snapped on me after like the 5th warning and said; "You want to fight for real? Square up right now."

I knew I was about to get my rear end handed to me, but I didn't anticipate that I wouldn't even see it coming lol. What apparently happened next is he kicked me in the face so hard that I fell flat on my rear end, then bounced up immediately and started cleaning up our sparring area, rolling up mats, etc. Everyone just figured that was a good stopping point and started doing the same, so they helped out-on-my-feet me clean up, and I got in their car. We were nearly back to the barracks when I came to in the back seat and started asking how the gently caress I got there, which took everyone by surprise.

I had about two days worth of nasty migraines from that, definitely got a real TBI. And, strangely, considering that I've been speared in the eye with a guideon (resulting in knockout), hit by a car (knocked out by pavement), blood choked and suffered a couple concussions playing football and using a cast iron post pounder, that kick was by far the worst concussion/tbi I have ever endured.

"The fifth warning". Bro. What's in your fight blood?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

redshirt posted:

How many real adult fights have you been in? Not asking professional boxers/MMA gals.

One, kind of.

Dude never seemed to like me for some reason, but he was part of my social circle. He had a few too many and started shoving me. I don't drink at all so I just tried to avoid him but at one point I told him to know that poo poo off.

Anyway, he reared back a full-on haymaker and laid me across the jaw. Bruised my face, broke two of his fingers (boxing gloves aren't meant to protect the opponents face so much as they are meant to protect your fingers). I drove him to the ER and we've been good friends ever since.

Edit: not trying to present myself as some badass (couldn't even block a drunken haymaker ffs). I don't even consider myself a boxer, I just train at a boxing gym, so taking punches isn't a new thing to me.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 20, 2024

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

redshirt posted:

"The fifth warning". Bro. What's in your fight blood?

Well, clearly not restraint.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Get in line pal

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Let's beat that dweebs rear end together

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

Well, clearly not restraint.

lol I like the cut of your jib. You want to join The Squad you got a spot. We're fighting around the world.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

redshirt posted:

lol I like the cut of your jib. You want to join The Squad you got a spot. We're fighting around the world.

With Russel Crowe?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

With Russel Crowe?

An honorary member, he shows up at bigger events.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I've honestly been wanting to join a boxing gym for a few years now

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I think you guys should go hugging round the world instead.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Revins posted:

I've honestly been wanting to join a boxing gym for a few years now

Go for it. Any decent gym will treat a newbie carefully, the fitness benefits are out-of-this-world, and your confidence skyrockets.

Sparring is just a lot of fun, too. You can go as hard or soft as you like (a good gym will match you up to appropriate partners), or not spar at all if you'd rather not.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

I think you guys should go hugging round the world instead.

Hugging is a form of fighting

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

The Bible posted:

Sparring is just a lot of fun, too. You can go as hard or soft as you like (a good gym will match you up to appropriate partners), or not spar at all if you'd rather not.

And absolutely zero consequences. At all. Yup. None.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

redshirt posted:

Correct, it's called Greco-Roman wrestling.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

redshirt posted:

according to the ufc matches I've watched it's the strongest form of fighting.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Arent you short?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Get in line pal

Don't you side with that purple haired gently caress!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
My neighbor, Ray, punched me in the face when I was like 12 or 13 for being too mouthy.

I deserved it and it was probably one of the most character building experiences of my life until I took mushrooms as a teenager.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I punch fists.

These are the only things which are unrestricted to punch.

If someone wants to touch knuckles gingerly in some kind of more intimate wave, whether a touch or a pat or even a smack,

Give them the business and crak it, bone to bone, dry as parchment.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I got sucker punched so hard coming out of an after hours bar in Detroit that half my top teeth are numb forever. Lol.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I love being punched, hit me with that Capri Sun

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Kicking and punching is all in the mind

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

And absolutely zero consequences. At all. Yup. None.

Good point. Don't go pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Do every stupid thing that makes you feel alive