Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
To Simon

The child yelps in surprise as Miu gets to them, then makes a gesture as if to chase her around, but the hummingbird is far too guarded to let herself get too close.

As she flies back to you, you notice the kid crawling forward on the branch after her. They get closer, past the bundle of leaves that were keeping them concealed earlier, and you see he is a roundfaced, redheaded boy with a faceful of freckles, not looking older than 7 or 8. He notices you watching, stops to sit on the branch a few meters from your window, and waves at you with a smile that seems to be missing a couple teeth.

"Hi" he says, conversationally, as if he was hanging up by a park bench instead of a tree. "Who are you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Hendrick

Hendrick gets up and gets himself together. He sees the text from Ray and sends a nodding emoji in response. Breakfast sounded pretty good right about now. He notices Simon looking at something outside the upper window, but decides not to intervene, trusting that if it was dangerous or otherwise outside of Simon's control his posture would be completely different. After he gets to the dining area and picks up some waffles, sausage, and eggs, he pulls up the GPS on his phone and summons another lead from his mental bank to be able to head towards for the day.

Using another hold from Connect the Dots to find out where the next critical event is taking place.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
To Ray

You carefully observe the buffet, taking care to pick only the freshest-looking waffles and other assorted breakfast stuff. As you are heading down to look for a table, you notice Hendrick sat down at one, with a full plate in front of him and looking lost in thought, and head up to sit with him.

To Hendrick

You carefully put down your plate and concentrate on what's important right now - locating danger. Food can wait. Not much, it'll get cold, but it can wait just for the time it takes you to...

Visions posted:

You can't pinpoint a location right now - it seems to be all over the place this time. You focus up, but all you get are visions of a very silent, peaceful town at night.

You snap off, a little disappointed, to see Ray sat down near you. He tips his head and touches the rim of his hat as a salute.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Ray (w. Hendrick)

Ray takes off his hat as he sits down, taking a moment to straighten out his (somewhat thinning) hair before gladly tucking into his plate - a nice pile of waffles, topped with cheap whipped cream and some strawberries in syrup, links of sausages on the side; a pair of french toast sticks have also made their way onto one edge of the dish, and some eggs with cheese on the opposite corner.

"How's our wounded warrior today? Shoulder feeling any better?" he asks Hendrick, cutting a nice bite of waffle off to enjoy.

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 22, 2024

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.
Simon

In response, Simon simply points to himself, a characteristic goofy grin plastered across his face. I'm me!

A sharp chirp from Miu reminds him that this isn't going to cut it, at least not according to the confused-looking kid. Holding up a finger to signal to wait, Simon darts over to his bedside table and snatches a convenient notepad and pen from it. He scribbles quickly, then shows the paper to the curious kid.

"S I M O N", the note reads in mostly legible handwriting. Then he writes "M I U", draws a big arrow from there to the edge of the paper, and nudges his hovering familiar into position until the arrow is pointing clearly at her. If the boy is listening closely, he'd hear the hummingbird's huff of annoyance.

And you? Simon motions questioningly back at his visitor.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leo

Leo is finishing his sixth waffle. He seems completely unperturbed by anything that has happened, as if he was only slightly paying attention to the events of the past 18 or so hours.

"So, what's up everyone? Anyone else sleep like a rock?"

Mr. Humalong fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 22, 2024

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hendrick

As he comes to from the vision, he takes a few seconds to collect his waking thoughts and sensory data before responding. He smiles a little at Ray's light but kind interest and says, "No, but I've had much worse considering the circumstances, and I traded a little health for more information last night at the universe's invitation. Still.." and as he changes his tone his smile drops away into a more serious worried gaze, "the last time I did not know where a town-imperiling threat would strike, it was because it had become strong enough to strike everywhere in the town and we only prevailed because we managed to take out its amplifiers and find its location. Also last time I could actually see the threat. This time I only saw a very quiet town over the night. Worse yet, that extra information I got leads me to think there could be a swarm of the things that attacked me. I would bet good money they don't make noise if they aren't caught off-guard and their prey can't fight back, and I think we either need to cut down the source immediately or prepare to get this town lit up, or else it'll be a ghost town FAST."

As he finishes, he notices Leo. He looks at him and says, "I didn't have the best sleep, but we're gonna have our work cut out for us today and I'd rather know that than sleep well and be caught unprepared. I think you'll make an excellent part of a backup plan if we can't resolve this before night falls and we have to try and keep the townsfolk from getting murdered in their beds."

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

To Simon

The kid laughs at you pointing at yourself, and actually reciprocates that by pointing at himself first and indicating that he is, in fact, himself too. Miu's show makes him let out a laugh so loud he almost rolls down from the branch, only barely managing to hold on with both hands. He moves a bit back onto more secure territory, looks at you, and starts making hand letter signals. You squint to read as he gestures:

Ɔ - H - Я - I - Ƨ

He smiles brightly at you, and then points insistently at someting else you hadn't noticed. Up on a branch over his head, there is a rather big, orange tabby cat. The kid gestures again:

И - Ǝ - ꓘ - O

He looks at you, apparently mightly proud of himself, before finding a new topic.

"Can you climb trees? I bet you can't get up here"

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Ray (w. Hendrick, Leo)

Ray nods in agreement to Hendrick as they converse, very much going to town on his plate between responses.

"Some kind of pack behavior makes sense; there's a human element to this too, or at least something intelligent working with... whatever these things are."

He pulls back a waffle to reveal a hidden piece of bacon, well covered in syrup; "I sent in info for the phone card to a contact of mine in Washington -"

Running the phone card: 2d6+2 8

"- but it may be a while before anybody gets back to me. It's kind of a long shot but it's worth it if we can get any info at all. Otherwise... I might have something that could help. But it isn't without some complications." Ray pauses here, both for dramatic effect, and to gnaw on bacon.

"Basically," he says, still working on finishing his bite, "we've got most of what we need for a vision quest ritual - we've got material from the monster, and I've got the simple reagents needed for the rest, but -"

Blood of the Mountain item check: 2d6+2 7

"- I'm missing the more important bit that actually makes it work, and they don't exactly sell Blood of the Mountain down at the local big box store. With it, though, we might be able to find out more about where these things are, how many we're dealing with, and who's controlling them. I can either try to find some today, or get it sent overnight from a friend of mine, but even then this isn't going to be fool-proof - heavy on the 'risk versus reward' factor, and I'd be interested in hearing alternative plans of action."

Ray casually sops up some of the syrup on his plate with a small piece of waffle as Leo asks about how everyone slept; he is reminded of his odd interaction during the night and frowns. "Oh yeah. Hendrick, didn't you say the hotel manager wanted to talk to us today? Something about a 'small problem here at the hotel'? Because I had a moment last night that left me with a few questions."

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 22, 2024

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leo

Leo begins idly juggling a few oranges as he ponders the practicality of obtaining Blood of the Mountain.

“Do we have any more of a lead on this mysterious person convincing people to wear headlamps?”

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hendrick

"Yeah, they did mention some sort of problem here. Hard to say if it's related but as long as it doesn't take too long I'm game working on it."

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

???

As Leo juggles oranges and the team discusses their plan, one orange pauses in midair, trembling slightly ... then lands on the table with a thud.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Ray

As swiftly after seeing the orange freeze (and subsequently plummet) as he can, Ray drops his fork and thrusts his hand in the general direction of the area where said orange had paused, looking for another cold spot. Yes, diners nearby may be watching a large trenchcoated man punching the air; no, Ray does not give a gently caress.

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 22, 2024

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

???

To Ray:

You seemingly throw a punch and you feel that same sensation, as though you had plunged your hand in a snowbank.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Ray

Ray's palm flexes outward in the cold, fingers stretching out into the chilled nothingness. "Yeah, well.... either way, something's not right around here."

His hand retracts, and he goes back to eating the last bits of his waffles; whether or not he's up for a second plate is yet to be seen. "That said, whatever's going on here at the hotel feels a lot less likely to be leaving behind corpses than whatever it is that's happening out there. Still, might be worth checking out."

The final bite of sausage. "I hope Maeby and Simon don't miss out on breakfast, this wasn't too bad. Not triple-S rank but still, easy high C slash low B tier."

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Maeby

Maeby wakes up right on schedule, which is to say late. Yesterday's garments pass the smell test, and after getting dressed she takes some time to examine her own face in the mirror. Pulling at the bags under her eyes, passing her tongue over her teeth, and pulling at the corners of her mouth just to check. Last night's dream felt so real, too real. She's not sure how she's going to eat breakfast with that on her mind.

One thing is for sure though: TikTok is a reliable source for supernatural technique.

Upon heading downstairs, waffles and sausage overpower the sense memory of blood and viscera. she scavenges as best as she can and sits down for tactics talk.

"Fellaaaasss," she says as she does a shimmying dance into her chair. "I've been thinking, if we want to be on our A game, we should be doing morning yoga. get the mind going, chakras flowing, body..." a rhyme doesn't arrive in her mind, "It's a good workout." She points to Leo with impaled bits of waffle which drip onto the table. "I bet this guy can stretch."

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Simon

Simon scrunches up his face, his childish instinct kicking in. Bet I can, he counters determinedly, and with one very poorly thought-out leap of confidence, he's out the window!

Roll on Tough, 2d6+2, Result: 9
Idk if that was necessary but I figured a roll would be on Tough since it's athletics? Lolsimon

Miu squeaks a belated protest and rushes out after her silly human. But Simon, miraculously, has caught the tree branch and is gleefully hoisting himself up. As Chris stares at him in awe, the blond scrambles his way up to sit even farther up, as if he's king of the tree. As the hummingbird chitters disapprovingly, Simon turns to the boy. Why are you in this tree? he gestures, observing as Neko slinks closer.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

To Ray

Your phone beeps slightly. It's a text message. You carefully wipe your hands clean before unlocking the phone and taking a look at it.

A contact in Washington posted:

Prepaid SIM card registered as belonging to one Sally Martins. No more info available. Sorry.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

To Simon

Chris doesn't answer immediately, but looks up to you. Then he moves back a bit on the branch, takes hold with a small jump and gets himself up on a higher branch, but still lower than the one you are at. He sticks out his tongue at you, apparently considering the matter settled. The cat, Neko, is chilling roughly around your height; he keeps his distance from you, but you feel like he's observing you intently.

"I like climbing. I like birds" he answers, in a conversational tone. "Hey, did you know you can move from tree to tree? It's easy. I do it all the time"

As he talks, you look down confidently; heights were never a problem for you. There is a great view of the forested area from up here, down to the floor, and the branches are great cover. The zone where last night's attack took place probably isn't that far away...

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hendrick

As Hendrick is finishing up his food, he feels the discussion slowing to a standstill. He looks around a bit and.. nobody else is left in the dining area either besides Ray, Maeby, and Leo. He checks the time and grimaces at how the day is marching on. "Okay folks, we need to get moving. I'm going to ask the hotel manager what's going on here so hopefully that gets knocked out or proven not relevant and then we have to find the den or get something together to help people survive the night. I'll come back if/when I need help with whatever's going on here. Simon's upstairs still, so somebody should go get him." After making his announcement, he takes his tray and dishes to the small gathering area, and then heads over to the front desk. He addresses the man there, "I heard from the manager you have a problem here that could use a hunter's skills, I'd like to help if I can. Tell me, what's happening?"

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Ray

As Hendrick excuses himself Ray's phone does indeed beep slightly (Ray, of course, being the kind of person to have multiple ring tones for different types of text message). Grabbing his hat he excuses himself, heading over to a quieter corner of the room before making a brief call. It takes only a few moments before Ray returns to the table.

"Alright, I get details on the phone card used in connection with the case; turns out it was purchased by one 'Sally Martins', local resident. I just called up the the ever-helpful local police and, after some... gentle persuasion, got an address. These assholes must not getting their daily recommended dose of donuts, they've all got a twig up their dicks."

"Anyway," Ray says, plopping loudly down onto one of the empty chairs. "I'm at the point where I think splitting up and any of us going at this solo is a bad idea. I'd say checking out Mrs. Martins first sounds smart, and from there, if we need to, we can still check into getting the missing ingredients for the farsight ritual. Looks like Hendrick is covering whatever's happening here at the hotel, so... anybody else have any strong thoughts or preferences?"

"... and also where is Simon anyway?"

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

To Hendrick

It seems to be the same guy that was on shift last night - Brian, wasn't he? He does recognize you, and you get the impression he's gone slightly pale at your question. Nevertheless, he finishes dealing with a couple customers, comes out of the desk and signals for you to follow him without saying a word.

You obey, and he leads you down a set of backstairs and into a basement. If you had to guess, you'd assume this is the service area of the hotel. It seems like some employees live or at least rest here. There are "silence" signs around, and a couple areas are labelled as common rooms; there is one with a "kitchen" plaque, another marked as "laundry/showers". He stops in front of an unmarked room, takes a key off his pocket, and opens it.

It's a tiny bedroom, most of it occupied by a bed and a desk; a small wardrobe seems to be integrated onto the wall. You recoil a bit when you realize it isn't empty, and he notices it.

"Don't worry" the man says, with a hint of sadness on his voice. "She isn't going to... wake up"

You quickly scan the room. There's a young woman, dressed on what's clearly a medical gown, lying on the bed. There is some medical equipment around, you notice: a drip feed, a portable heart monitor, and other stuff. It reminds you of your own recent experience, and not really in a good way. You turn to the man with a questioning gaze.

"We found her like this one morning" he explains. "Her name is Audrey. Local girl. She's been working here for... well, she worked with us for a few months. No other family here, her mom passed away, so she was living on the dorms here. She... used to have a baby, too... she was a good kid" he slips, before catching himself - maybe the comment has been deemed too unprofessional.

He thinks for a bit before restarting. "We... found her like this one morning. Medical personnel comes around to check on her, the machines, you know" he gestures vaguely "but... everything is normal. They said, no use having her at the city hospital. Everything is alright. Nothing wrong. But..."

He gestures around, with a sign that says everything else. This is pretty clearly not normal, and it doesn't seem like anyone has cared much to investigate it.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Apr 24, 2024

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hendrick

Hendrick was secretly a little relieved in some ways even though this was neither obviously nor immediately relevant to the greater problem looming overhead; some sort of terrible mystery noises would've been convenient in terms of finding the den fast, but that would have its very own problems quickly even if they shriveled in direct sunlight. This was, however, only a small mercy, and if there was a link it needed to be found, fast. He made sure to note down that the woman's name was Audrey, just in case. He then looked at Brian and said, "I'm sure the doctors have examined her well, but I'm going to look her over myself to see if there's something they missed." With Brian's presumed assent, he started his examination.

His senses and wits feel reasonably sharp as he works. It's not clear what he'll find as he works, but he feels assured he'll figure it out at least.

Rolled a 10 on diagnosing what's up with Audrey.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

To Hendrick

You examine her as carefully as you can, but there really doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary here - no weird marks, burns, tattoos or wounds that call out to you. You do notice a small charm bracelet, in light blue, with a silvery stork and a male name engraved on the back of it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hendrick

Hendrick takes a look at the name on the bracelet, and then on a hunch tries to remove it.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

To Hendrick

You don't see a reaction. It's a small bracelet, but it doesn't seem to have anything special. On second thought, it might be a tad too small for her wrist.

The name "Liam" is engraved on the back.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hendrick

He jots down more notes in his notebook about this finding, then he carefully puts the bracelet back on. Too small or not, if and when she wakes up, finding it removed without her permission would probably come off as a little rude. Then he takes up a nearby chair and sits so he can think a bit about what he's doing next.

Three options. He could blow this off and nicely tell Brian that he couldn't find anything; not much of an option, but it was there. He could take the risky path of trying to channel some magic to bring Audrey back to consciousness, which might work easily or might blow up in his face. Or he could try to enlist somebody else who was more talented at controlling magic to do it instead...

....but it really seemed like only one of those options made sense in the end. Something told him to wait a little bit at least, so he did, but it wouldn't do to wait too long.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 24, 2024

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Maeby

After Hendrick's close encounter yesterday, Maeby intends to keep a close bead on him. He's the only other person who can appreciate the circumstances of her boon, but it seems he didn't get invincibility out of the deal.

Shellception posted:

To Hendrick

You don't see a reaction. It's a small bracelet, but it doesn't seem to have anything special. On second thought, it might be a tad too small for her wrist.

The name "Liam" is engraved on the back.

"A boyfriend?" Maeby asks. "Or maybe the kid?" Rather than anything logical, an intuitive feeling is radiating in her frontal lobe: the empath's blessing and curse. Following what her heart tells her, she curls Audrey's hands into a fist and clasps it between both of hers. A guess appears in mind: "Audrey," she says softly, not directly to the woman's body but the air around it, "Are you looking for Liam?"

By trusting her intuition and taking a guess at this girl's trauma, Maeby tries to read a bad situation, rolling a 10.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

???

One of the machine cords on the floor slowly twists into a circle, then the top begins to push downward...into a heart symbol?

The sides of the "heart" pinch inwards and with the indented top it resembles a Y.

To Maeby:

As you clasp Audrey's hand you feel a sensation of intense longing overwhelm you and your eyes fill with tears.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Simon

Where is Simon, indeed? Still upstairs, and about as "upstairs" as he can get, considering he's hanging out casually in a tree with his new friends.

As Chris dares Simon to hop over to the next tree, the gears turn in Simon's head. The scene of crime should be visible from up here, if only he could get the right angle... Bobbing up and down like a lizard to pinpoint the optimal position, he tunes the kid out for a minute and squints toward the ground.

The whir of Miu's wings beating nearby alerts Simon that his familiar is scanning intently, too. He holds up a finger in a distracted attempt to silence Chris as he judges the exact height he needs to climb to, in order to see through the thick foliage shrouding the woods. I have work to do, he signals the boy before bracing himself for a jump.

Roll on Sharp, 2d6+1, Result: 9

Swinging deftly from his treetop throne, Simon drops down to a lower branch and clambers all the way to the edge for the perfect vantage point. At last, he can spot what he assumes be the murder site through a gap in the trees.

---

Can Simon see anything unusual from where he is? Is the path clear if he wants to venture to the murder site?

WindwardAway fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 25, 2024

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Ray

Ray sits in his chair, the waffles and sausages and eggs and bacon all long-since gone. He looks slowly over to his left. He then looks slowly over to his right. He finishes by nodding slowly to himself, followed by a soft sigh.

"So, Leo - read any good manga lately?"

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hendrick

Hendrick looks at the cords, looks at Maeby, and even though he's a bit lost on what's going on he shrugs and sees if he can learn anything from her efforts.

He feels his mind working on the signs. Hopefully whatever's being communicated will pop out soon enough..

Rolled a 10 on interpreting the cords and other signs.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Current stage: Dusk // Next Stage: Wednesday 1st May, 3 pm US Central/10 pm EU

Updated map:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

To Hendrick

You feel a bit out of your depth here, but one thing is clear - there was a definite reaction to Maeby's question. A reaction that doesn't seem to have come from the unconscious woman lying in front of you, who hasn't moved a single muscle. You look at the Y shape on the floor again and try to order your thoughts. What was the question...?

Tea Party Crasher posted:

"Audrey, are you looking for Liam?"

Well, then.

But then... exactly who is answering your questions...?

You turn back to Maeby, and notice with slight surprise that she looks lost in thought and her eyes are a bit moist. What's going on now...?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

To Simon

From your vantage point, you follow the running water noise to orient yourself towards the river and inspect your surroundings. There is definitely something interesting. You venture yourself out a bit more, trying to ignore the branch creaking ominously under your weight.

You do notice there is a suspiciously dark spot near the end of the treeline, roughly around where trees open up to the river bank. You move around a bit, trying to ascertain exactly what it is. It definitely doesn't look like a shadow.

To your back, you hear Chris' voice again, and you realize the kid is now sitting in the same branch as you, munching on something.

"What'cha doin?" he asks, between mouthfuls of whatever he is eating.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Maeby

Maeby is overwhelmed by the sensation of grief, and flexes something inside of her mind in order to stay with it and not let go of Audrey's hand. There's communication, but how to use it?

Then she thinks back to a Roommate Accountability and Communication Meeting she had with her friends 3 years ago. "When someone is telling you they're hurting, they don't want to be interrogated and have their problems fixed, they just want you to listen".

So she takes a deep breath, closes her eyes, and says "Show me, Audrey. Why are you hurting?" She braces her mind and heart, and pictures herself as a floodgate opening.

This is her moment to be cool and in charge, Maeby wants to act under pressure, but what she doesn't know is that the dice say 6

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

To Maeby

You were ready to take it all in, but you weren't expecting it to be so... intense. A terribly sad, dark sensation of despair overwhelms you. You feel yourself starting to cry, and instinctively run out of the room, trying to get far, far from it, far from all of that...

To Ray (and Leo)

Feeling slightly disappointed with the success of your proposal, you spend a bit of time chatting with Leo. Suddenly, you feel a strong squeeze, and confusedly freeze in plaze only to find Maeby holding tightly to you, crying her eyes out.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Apr 26, 2024

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Simon

Wrinkling his forehead as he squints at the riverbank, Simon gestures a reply to the kid. Working, he signs. Miu flaps upward, echoing Simon's concentration as she cranes her little neck to stare in the same direction.

A rumbling, gurgling, beastly growl emanates from the tree, startling the hummingbird, but Simon merely turns around with a sheepish smile, breaking his focus. Stomach, he points. Breakfast?

He makes a mental note to remember the location of the strange object as he begins to make his way down the tree. Are you hungry, too? he asks Chris, with an inclusive nod to Neko.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Ray

Ray is nearly bowled over from his seat, not as much by the impact but more by the sudden surprise and physical contact. It shows - in the shocked and mildly stricken expression on his face - that whatever it is that is happening at this moment is far further outside his range of expertise (and zone of comfort) than any given monster hunt.

Acting Under Pressure: Trying to comfort Maeby?: 2d6+1 8

He does his best to gather himself, though, and also comfort Maeby at the same time. He probably gives a reassuring hug back. Maybe even pats her shoulder? Ray, later, would not be able to recall much of the incident.

"Are.. are you... ok? Did something happen?" he asks, slowly starting to snap back from his startled senses.

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Pretend this happened earlier - sorry!

Audrey

"Show me Audrey. Why are you hurting?"

The words have barely left Maeby's lips before Audrey surges into her open mind and heart.

The initial wave of emotion is despair but there's a bit of determination/elation...?

Ple....Please
See

A wave of images and agonizing pain doubles Maeby over, holding her head and fighting the urge to scream. She curls herself into a ball as she

is laying in bed everything is peaceful Liam cooing in his crib everything is calm you feel sleep settle over you
A sharp cry pierces the room then nothing why is the window open I closed it I CLOSED IT scramble out of bed please Liam ohgodnononoNONO-

Gasping, Maeby nearly falls over from the panic, the unbearable ACHE in her chest...right as she slams the floodgate closed Audrey pleads:

quote:

Find

Liam....

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 26, 2024