Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kennel posted:

Also, Shida might be a vampire now

Yes, I am into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Carwash oval office posted:

Time to get the ROH titles out of AEW, IMHO. Too many belts.

Or, allow the Women’s ROH champ to appear on the main show, because why the hell has Athena been off tv for years?

because no one is paying for roh without athena, you wanna see her gotta pay the tax

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So Cope vs Jay Lethal or Brian Cage on Saturday, then!

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I don't understand why the Undisputed Kingdom exists and why anyone is supposed to care that they do. Adam Cole needs goons because he is "6'0'" but Adam Cole is out and can't wrestle so why are these losers running around like they're a faction that has any point?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Paying him too much money to leave him at home playing ff7 remake 7 days a week

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NorgLyle posted:

I don't understand why the Undisputed Kingdom exists and why anyone is supposed to care that they do. Adam Cole needs goons because he is "6'0'" but Adam Cole is out and can't wrestle so why are these losers running around like they're a faction that has any point?

They’re funny

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Alan_Shore posted:

I love Swerve but this thread is INCREDIBLY disrespectful to your champion, the true king of television, who is having a great reign right now and it's been far too short

100 year samoa joe reign

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NorgLyle posted:

They are feuding with the Best Friends, I'm sorry you don't think they are worthwhile but many people love The Best Friends.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I like the UK it has 4 guys i like in it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

Paul, John, Ringo and George?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The best friends should challenge the Kingdom to a parking lot brawl because best friends parking lot brawls are always awesome and also i bet matt taven drives a very funny car

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Suplex Liberace posted:

the four people from the UK I like are Hugh Dennis, Greg Davies, Graham Norton and Mel Giedroyc

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
*shaking from AEW withdrawals*

I-I-It is W-w-w-Wednesday my dudes”

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

projecthalaxy posted:

The best friends should challenge the Kingdom to a parking lot brawl because best friends parking lot brawls are always awesome and also i bet matt taven drives a very funny car

Now I want to see Matt Taven take that sick table bump onto a windshield.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wandler20 posted:

Now I want to see Matt Taven take that sick table bump onto a windshield.

:pwn:

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Lamuella posted:

Alex Horne would be an exceptionally bullyable special guest referee.

In the opposite direction, I could see Ospreay being a lot of fun on Taskmaster.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Not wanting to miss Ospreay/Shibata or Swerve/Takeshita is all the motivation I need to get my house cleaning done fast. Thank you Tony for the wrestling

I cannot believe those are both happening on free TV on the same Dynamite. What the hell. lol

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

*shaking from AEW withdrawals*

I-I-It is W-w-w-Wednesday my dudes”

I’d gladly pay you on Tuesday for a Wednesday today.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

BBT rarely drops the ball, but clearly he had no idea what to do with the UK. Going from that massive reaction from the MJF betrayal to... whatever this is. Cole doesn't even get much of a reaction now. I know he's still injured, but after ALL that Devil build up it's been completely underwhelming, and hell I like Roddy, Mr Wardlow and Matt. Taven.

Feels like maybe they should have savaged Joe immediately? Run roughshod? I dunno, done... something?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I think this is the same problem that happened with the MJF reign after Wembley, they knew where they wanted to end it, world's end in Long Island , but getting there was so long that everything in between kinda got lost in the shuffle

Right now, they know the next story beat is MJF coming back and getting revenge on Cole but he's injured and Cole's injured so you got Undisputed members spinning the wheels.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alan_Shore posted:

BBT rarely drops the ball, but clearly he had no idea what to do with the UK. Going from that massive reaction from the MJF betrayal to... whatever this is. Cole doesn't even get much of a reaction now. I know he's still injured, but after ALL that Devil build up it's been completely underwhelming, and hell I like Roddy, Mr Wardlow and Matt. Taven.

Feels like maybe they should have savaged Joe immediately? Run roughshod? I dunno, done... something?

I think he knew exactly what he wanted to do, but MJF got injured, and Adam Cole is injured so your two main players in a feud are out.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I mean, there's also the element of "Britt got injured during the pandemic but was still on screen every week", feels partly like Adam's trying to run that back (without success, since it's missing so much of what made that enjoyable)

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Malakai Black and Adam Cole are barely on TV (laudatory)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

BBT rarely drops the ball

Hmmm

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Whoolighams posted:

Malakai Black and Adam Cole are barely on TV (laudatory)

*stares at hands in disbelief*

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Double or Nothing date and place confirmed:
https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/aew-returns-to-las-vegas-for-memorial-day-double-header

quote:

MGM Grand Garden Arena Hosts DOUBLE OR NOTHING on Sunday, May 26 and AEW: Collision on Saturday, May 25
AEW: Dynamite returns to Kia Forum in Los Angeles on Wednesday, May 29,
AEW: Collision debuts at Acrisure Arena in Palm Springs for a special taping [May 30]

e. Return to the same arena as the first DoN. T-Mobile was somewhat larger, looks like, but they're next to each other.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 27, 2024

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

this week I'm more excited about Friday night than Wednesday night

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

back at the halloween havoc venue

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This time last week it felt like my body was imploding so I could only enjoy Dynamite so much. Today I feel great and despite the gloomy weather trying to bring me down, I’m very excited for this Dynamite. I doubt it’ll happen but I’d really love to see Private Party beat The Bucks.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Looking forward to Ospreay beating Shibata tonight and then immediately getting laid out by Sheamus.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Sheamus should join the bcc, but he should also join the Callis Family. And he’d be good in the Patriarchy too.

Not Undisputed Kingdom though, gently caress those guys

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Alan_Shore posted:

I think being asked to buy Roddy/the Kingdom as serious rear end-kicking heels after months of them being hilarious geeks was too much. Roddy can kind of make it work because of how he wrestles but the Kingdom are dweebs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
almost done catching up with wrestling after my trip

-best friends vs don callis family was aces; very good job establishing best friends as skilled underdogs
-SHIBATA VS FAT RICKY STARKS?! WHEN DID RICKY FULFILL CM PUNK'S PROMISE???
-Takeshita vs Romero was pretty good
-shut up toney, you go girl is appropriate for a street fight
jesus christ jesus christ jesus christ that destroyer on the table also
drat the tacks, drat HER OWN BAG OF TACKS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BLEUGH THE MOUTHFUL OF TACKS SUPERKICK SPOT :gonk: THIS RULES
Aaaaaaaaaaah no way, statlander tapped :( what a loving sick match

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

They should just do whatever they were going to do with MJF and the UK but replace MJF with Kyle O’Reilly

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

CombineThresher posted:

I think being asked to buy Roddy/the Kingdom as serious rear end-kicking heels after months of them being hilarious geeks was too much. Roddy can kind of make it work because of how he wrestles but the Kingdom are dweebs.

I think Taven launching himself through that table really helped though

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think shackling Cole to the Devil gimmick is a huge mistake because that poo poo was so lame I'd rather just forget it all happened. But he has to wheel out in his "I'm the Devil" t-shirt every week and it just does nothing for me. At this point Roddy feels like a better/more natural lead for a group like that since he's able to sorta tow the line between being a goof and a serious rear end kicker depending on the situation.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Matt Taven is the best member of the group. Take that how you will

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Miching Mallecho posted:

I think this is the same problem that happened with the MJF reign after Wembley, they knew where they wanted to end it, world's end in Long Island , but getting there was so long that everything in between kinda got lost in the shuffle

Right now, they know the next story beat is MJF coming back and getting revenge on Cole but he's injured and Cole's injured so you got Undisputed members spinning the wheels.

Worse, it’s the same problem after the firm was introduced and promptly went on to do nothing because they were gonna feud with punk and he either got injured or threw out his back carrying the entire promotion or whatever the gently caress

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

We aren't being asked that. We're being asked to see Roddy as an rear end kicker and the Kingdom as two goofs that Wardlow has to protect, Cole did a promo about that last week. They were great against Top Flight and Action too, really fun match that played to everyone's strengths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Looking forward to Ospreay beating Shibata tonight and then immediately getting laid out by Sheamus.

:hai:

Ospreay will then have to prove he's better than the clamdigger by lasting longer than 18 seconds.