Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It pains me to say this but Mercedes is an awful awful promo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ospreay is goated on "the stick" tho

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Always has been

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

That was an amazing 3 hours of AEW last night, every segment kicked rear end. I'm also not huge on Merecedes' promos so far BUT I really enjoyed when she was actually interacting with Willow, Stat, Julia, and Skye. She's super charismatic, her promos just feel really rehearsed and fake to me.

I've seen other people mention it, but I really loved Renee being right on the ramp as Eddie came down. It was unique and added an additional bit of prestige to that match.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tony wants us to know we’re in the superstar era of aew now.

okada taking the belt off a bum like eddie wasn’t subtle at all

johncraig
Jul 26, 2023
bill ospreay loving rules it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The jay white taunting segment was great imo

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Typo aside, telling someone you will knock out their teeth with a golden clown sound scarier than it should.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
That upside down ladder spot was inspired and excellent

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Big agree

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Just when you think you’ve seen it all.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Show was so good. Wife and kid were so hyped they stayed the whole time, we are a family that loves Takeshita and Rocky individually. Plus we got a Swerve match.

Only complaints about being live is that there were seemingly only certain cameras used for the Tron, which meant we couldn't see anything that happened at certain points (most prominently during Cope/Christian after Christian was thrown off the stage). Still, other than that and the ringpost occasionally blocking things, our view was awesome, felt super close.

We couldn't hear a single thing Don Callis said, the boos were too loud.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Christian got kicked in the dick like 6 times :pray:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

On The Internet posted:

Christian got kicked in the dick like 6 times :pray:

This was a really great spot. I thought Copeland was going to just threaten him with Spike to end it. But, no, he kicked him in the balls multiple times, then used Spike to finish him off. Amazing stuff.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i really enjoyed what i saw a lot. now to watch the rest of it

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I really thought we were going to get Beth Phoenix during that main event.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
For sale
Bryan's shoes
Never worn

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That was a good example of what Tony would do if dynamite was as long as raw.

Next week looks crazy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

A Fancy Hat posted:

This was a really great spot. I thought Copeland was going to just threaten him with Spike to end it. But, no, he kicked him in the balls multiple times, then used Spike to finish him off. Amazing stuff.

It ruled so much. No trickery, no like recording of Edge saying I quit, just a heel quitting because he didn't want to be murdered.

Like a baby.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I really thought we were going to get Beth Phoenix during that main event.

:same:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah, I haven't been impressed. It's been awhile since I've seen her WWE promos (and those were entirely scripted, I'm sure), so I can't really compare.

I hope her ring work holds out.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JUNGLE BOY posted:

tony wants us to know we’re in the superstar era of aew now.

okada taking the belt off a bum like eddie wasn’t subtle at all

My feeling especially during the beginning part of that match is that okada is an incredible dick (affectionate)

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Poor Eddie spent so many months convincing Danielson he wasn't a bum and finally succeeded only for Okada to remind him that he is indeed the king of the bums.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Undisputed Kingdom is so cooked though

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think the reason Will's promos have been effective is sincerity. Dude is clearly incredibly excited for this part of his career.

It helps that he's absolutely as good as he says he is.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Captain Foo posted:

Undisputed Kingdom is so cooked though

I groaned when Adam Cole showed up on my screen for the latest round of Wardlow gets ordered around. But then I laughed because the Undisputed Kingdom is reduced to just defending the glorious ROH Tag Belts and AEW Singles Belt #283.

Just let Adam Cole go away and rest and when everyone is ready we can pretend The Devil never happened. There's too much good poo poo on AEW TV, we don't need this thing.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

They're obviously building up to a Wardlow turn on Cole, I wonder if you pair Wardlow and MJF back together as a babyface team once MJF's cleared. Seems like it could be a fun change of pace for MJF and would probably help Wardlow, too.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I think the whole thing would work better as rampage-level goobers with delusions of grandeur

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Fancy Hat posted:

They're obviously building up to a Wardlow turn on Cole, I wonder if you pair Wardlow and MJF back together as a babyface team once MJF's cleared. Seems like it could be a fun change of pace for MJF and would probably help Wardlow, too.

Yeah but unlike the turn on mjf i don’t care at all

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Someone should tell fletch to fix his yee-yee rear end haircut but otherwise that match ripped

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Captain Foo posted:

I think the whole thing would work better as rampage-level goobers with delusions of grandeur

This is already them tbh.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

shibata. takeshita. rictus grin okada. if you like handsome japanese men kicking rear end. you ate well yesterday

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Long-Time Lurker posted:

This, but still a bit off. For me, peak Roddy and Kingdom was when they found their stride of being goofy dorks. I can get behind goofy dorks. But that quickly jumped the shark and now since the Devil reveal they're taking themselves way to seriously for a bunch of dude completely outclassed by the roster.

Having said that, I still want Roddy to out on banger singles matches because it owns when he breaks backs. Get Cole out, get Kingdom being goofy supporters and only wrestle on RoH. Wardlow can I dunno, go to the fed or embrace being a dork.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Long-Time Lurker posted:

But they take too much time on dynamite

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Every show without Roddy breaking backs is a failure

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Captain Foo posted:

But they take too much time on dynamite

yet again we must suffer because AEW Dark is gone. The Undisputed Kingdom belongs on youtube wrestling Dark Order where normal folks don't have to be exposed to it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

A Fancy Hat posted:

Cole/Wardlow/MJF triple threat might be good.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Reunite The Pinnacle imo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Open Marriage Night posted:

Cole/Wardlow/MJF triple threat might be good.

on nxt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Went back through the GDT just to remind myself how much I enjoyed the show last night. lol jericho got dumped on his head over and over

That Rampage street fight was unsurprisingly awesome but one of my favorite moments of the night was the crowd chanting "You sick gently caress" at Skye Blue, who was clearly loving it.

Thinking about the Cage/Cope upside-down ladder spot again. And how Christian got kicked in the dick twenty times. There was so much to love about the show.

Also, very cool that they're finally doing a Collision an hour away from me! Unfortunately it'll be a month after my big spendy vacation so I'll have to see how much tickets are as close to the date as possible but I might be able to make it.