Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

rotinaj posted:

Worse, it’s the same problem after the firm was introduced and promptly went on to do nothing because they were gonna feud with punk and he either got injured or threw out his back carrying the entire promotion or whatever the gently caress

He injured his triceps and then immediately got into a fight with Kenny and the bucks. Even if he didn't didn't fight the EVPs, the firm feud was still going to be dead.

fragile body,etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Going to be dire once Cole recovers and Ospreay or Swerve has to feud with him.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The fact that Adam cole keeps getting chances and Stokely got shoved down to ROH despite being way more entertaining is bullshit imo

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

rotinaj posted:

The fact that Adam cole keeps getting chances and Stokely got shoved down to ROH despite being way more entertaining is bullshit imo

Stokely did good stuff on ROH and now he's back on AEW.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The easy solution: Matt Taven table bumps every show and a whole bunch of Roddy backbreakers too.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Y'all hating on ROH clearly haven't got the memo that it's the women's show

Also I totally thought that the kingdom were dweebs until their Fight without Honor with Top Flight

What I'm saying is, watch RoH!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Alan_Shore posted:

I think Taven launching himself through that table really helped though

It did but Mike Bennett and at this point Wardlow are geeks, and honestly Adam Cole is kind of a geek too at this point.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The Taxman posted:

Also I totally thought that the kingdom were dweebs until their Fight without Honor with Top Flight

SuperCard is gonna be soooo drat good. :hai:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Taxman posted:

Why would people start watching the shows before complaining about them?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mike Boston should pinch more people in the weiner

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Going to be dire once Cole recovers and Ospreay or Swerve has to feud with him.

I don’t know that Cole’s brains can handle a match with Ospreay. He’ll get nine different types of scrambled.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Captain Foo posted:

Mike Boston should pinch more people in the weiner

Pinch 'Em In The Weiner, Bit 'Em In A Piledriver!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I saw Sheamus on an airport today and asked if he will be on Dynamite. He said: "Yes, but don't tell anyone" and winked. Then we kissed.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

CombineThresher posted:

It did but Mike Bennett and at this point Wardlow are geeks, and honestly Adam Cole is kind of a geek too at this point.

Wardlow isn't a geek, he stomped Joe for most of the match and got caught out by a lucky sleeper hold. He almost never loses, poses a lot, flips off the top rope, made MJF piss himself, and is cool as hell.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

It is crazy that one of the most over people on the roster who is universally beloved backstage keeps getting chances.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

yeah but he’s short, made of glass, and cringe

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
It's still funny when Phil was doing the whole tirade against Matthew,Nicholas, and Kenneth that he included "Adam Cole, we're all praying for him. Hope he gets back"

Chuggs is so likeable :unsmith:

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Kennel posted:

Double or Nothing date and place confirmed:
https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/aew-returns-to-las-vegas-for-memorial-day-double-header

e. Return to the same arena as the first DoN. T-Mobile was somewhat larger, looks like, but they're next to each other.

Tony, I know you're reading this, stop putting papes on Sundays - I'm loving begging you.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

It is crazy that one of the most over people on the roster who is universally beloved backstage keeps getting chances.

Those two men occupy the exact same space on the card and you can only push one. This is just fact.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Miching Mallecho posted:

It's still funny when Phil was doing the whole tirade against Matthew,Nicholas, and Kenneth that he included "Adam Cole, we're all praying for him. Hope he gets back"

Chuggs is so likeable :unsmith:

Chuggs and Ospreay Golden Retriever Tag Team

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Adam Cole makes me think of when Christian Bale said he used Tom Cruise as an inspiration for Patrick Bateman, like a mask with no face behind it and nothing behind the eyes. everything he does feels so uncanny and hollow to me. except he doesn't make badass movies like TC, crucial difference

wait...TheChuggs...TC...jesus christ

Whoolighams fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 27, 2024

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

No, Danhausen isn't getting any TV time. What happened? You used to be plugged into this sort of thing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Whoolighams posted:

Adam Cole makes me think of when Christian Bale said he used Tom Cruise as an inspiration for Patrick Bateman, like a mask with no face behind it and nothing behind the eyes. everything he does feels so uncanny and hollow to me. except he doesn't make badass movies like TC, crucial difference

If Adam Cole went to every movie and started saying stuff like "Big Movie. Big Screen. Loved it." we might have NienNunb become All Elite again.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Whoolighams posted:

wait...TheChuggs...TC...jesus christ

Adam Cole does not exist.

TheChuggs however, is very real.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

MassRafTer posted:

If Adam Cole went to every movie and started saying stuff like "Big Movie. Big Screen. Loved it." we might have NienNunb become All Elite again.

this is a man who knows how to loving Restore The Feeling

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

If they’re running Palm Springs then I want to see a Salton Sea street fight.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Taxman posted:

I am still not paying ten extra dollars a month for dark, especially when I am two days away from unemployment

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

I am still not paying ten extra dollars a month for dark, especially when I am two days away from unemployment

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
My main take on Undisputed Kingdom is that they were stuck in a really awkward position at the start of the year. They couldn't run wild over the whole company, because they were fundamentally not popular enough to justify doing that. But also, they couldn't be immediately swallowed up by the consequences of their actions, because without Adam Cole as a hot act to anchor them they would have been utterly destroyed and all we would have gotten from that whole arc would have been Roderick Strong and Matt Taven being nobodies in AEW. So, they spun their wheels for a few months and hoped no one would notice because the rest of the show has been loving great.

I personally feel like they managed to thread the needle and make UK a decent mid-card heel faction, but... I get it.

EDIT: Misremembered the faction name, which kind of proves the negative people's point.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 27, 2024

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sisal Two-Step posted:

100 year samoa joe reign

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

How dare I get laid off from my job, I know

Such a dickhead

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Tony, I know you're reading this, stop putting papes on Sundays - I'm loving begging you.

I'll only allow bc the school year will have ended that Friday and I love having a PPV for when I'm actually off (I've been calling in for a lot of the papes this year)

Kennel posted:

I saw Sheamus on an airport today and asked if he will be on Dynamite. He said: "Yes, but don't tell anyone" and winked. Then we kissed.

Hot

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Such a dickhead

You can pirate it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gumball Gumption posted:

You can pirate it

You wouldn’t download a car

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
drat we got wrestling tonight hell yeah

... it's been so long ...

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Such a dickhead

I'm sorry about your getting laid off; that's never good. I hope you can land on your feet sooner rather than later and find something potentially better.

Now let me tell you about a cool website named Archive Dot Org--

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am actually impressed with the amount of poo poo that archive.org has, and am starting to wonder when the worse part of the world is going to finally decide to destroy it

Because nothing good lasts nowadays

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MorningMoon posted:

BLEUGH THE MOUTHFUL OF TACKS SUPERKICK SPOT :gonk: THIS RULES

remember when abadon took this spot but accidentally swallowed a tack lol

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

rotinaj posted:

I am actually impressed with the amount of poo poo that archive.org has, and am starting to wonder when the worse part of the world is going to finally decide to destroy it

Because nothing good lasts nowadays

Certain lovely authors have already started to try and destroy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You know what's great about Joe as champ? If Hangman beats him oh yeah Hangman is champ. Same for Swerve/Okada/Osprey.

But if Joe wins? Oh gently caress yeah King Joe is still champ baby!