Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

A Fancy Hat posted:

They're obviously building up to a Wardlow turn on Cole, I wonder if you pair Wardlow and MJF back together as a babyface team once MJF's cleared. Seems like it could be a fun change of pace for MJF and would probably help Wardlow, too.

i would be interested in this angle if that's where they go with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Poor Eddie spent so many months convincing Danielson he wasn't a bum and finally succeeded only for Okada to remind him that he is indeed the king of the bums.

To be fair, this is the same guy who broke Danielson's bones in two consecutive matches. Eddie is lucky

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh yeah instead of the pip being a resthold or whatever it was just jericho getting bonked

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

God drat I actually yelped when Okada got the three. What a way to start the matches on the show. I keep remembering all the wild things they set up for next week - Swerve/Takeshita, Ospreay/Shibata. On weekly TV!! We are really so spoiled for great wrestling.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

What a great example of what a HOOK match should be.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Jericho has been very hit or miss for me lately but I'll be goddamned if he doesn't know how to make a guy look good by bumping around like a pinball.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Fancy Hat posted:

Jericho has been very hit or miss for me lately but I'll be goddamned if he doesn't know how to make a guy look good by bumping around like a pinball.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

magiccarpet posted:

What a great example of what a HOOK match should be.

this but with more variety. he should throw a different suplex each time

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Cope/Christian was so goddamn satisfying. Christian has been a textbook-perfect awful heel for months and his title reign ends with his goons handcuffed to the ringposts watching him get kicked in the balls multiple times and ultimately quit/lose because he is a coward. Just incredible catharsis that you don't often get from wrestling due to egos/injuries/bookers missing the peak.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

this but with more variety. he should throw a different suplex each time

He got close with a few different variations, but given he is the SON OF TAZ the man should use a different one each time when chaining them for sure.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

They really could do a mini Goldberg run with Hook.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Someone’s gotta beat Jades record now that she works for the Fed. Send Hook.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Thinking today about what a crazy run it's been for Cope and Christian since the end of Wrestledream. It's been an almost perfect feud, imo. I try not to think too much about booking because I want to just enjoy the show but drat, TK.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tato posted:

I groaned when Adam Cole showed up on my screen for the latest round of Wardlow gets ordered around. But then I laughed because the Undisputed Kingdom is reduced to just defending the glorious ROH Tag Belts and AEW Singles Belt #283.

Just let Adam Cole go away and rest and when everyone is ready we can pretend The Devil never happened. There's too much good poo poo on AEW TV, we don't need this thing.

I need more Roderick Strong matches, sorry.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

christian gets his mockneck pulled over his head in almost every match (which, like everything about the patriarchy gimmick, is laden with symbolism… check the silent hill wiki for more information) but that penalty box spot into christian getting jerseyed was, like a lot of things about that I Quit match, clever and elevated and drawing from years of history between the two of them. and it was a tv match.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Took a sick day today because everything from my stomach to my head feels like trash. Some Wednesday thoughts:

- Mercedes is a really bad promo. I can’t remember any of her WWE stuff to compare to and I guess maybe it’s because none of it was memorable. I prefer the impression Sarah from Marty & Sarah does do the real deal. Please wrestle soon, or at the least stop doing big in-ring promos and just do backstage interaction stuff because the interaction with Stat and Willow was way better.

- Okada rules and it’s so weird seeing him on regular TV just winning a midcard belt. Excited to see how Eddie’s downfall and eventual rise plays out after he loses the ROH title to Briscoe and the Strong title to someone else.

- Street fight was great, wish Skye got more color but alas. Honestly surprised at the outcome and expected Willow to win to lead to Julia/Willow for the belt.

- Ospreay feels like the babyface ready to lead AEW for the next 5 years. Real life idiot problems aside, he’s such a natural at this and his excitement is infectious.

- Best Friends/Callis Family ruled. No notes.

- Next week looks loving great.

- Is Deonna going to turn heel and join Toni over her resentment toward Rosa getting the win and maybe an eventual title shot? Just turn heel and be alone? Could see joining Toni and pushing Mariah out to cause a babyface turn for Mariah or something.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Quite pleased with how this turned out :hmmyes:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

is that the undisputed kingdom guy

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Also was it just me or did The Acclaimed lose the crowd a bit any time they talked about BCG? The crowd seemed into them in general mostly and did the singalong parts, but it felt to me like the crowd went mixed when they were expected to boo Jay White & Pals.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Quantum of Phallus posted:

is that the undisputed kingdom guy

yea

edit: gently caress it does kinda look like taven lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bcg is too funny to actually boo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

Bcg is too funny to actually boo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone asked for these codes:

https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1770838359549632518

Also I thought Mercedes was fine in her promo.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Also was it just me or did The Acclaimed lose the crowd a bit any time they talked about BCG? The crowd seemed into them in general mostly and did the singalong parts, but it felt to me like the crowd went mixed when they were expected to boo Jay White & Pals.

I don't think so the whole crowd flipped them off.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

She wasn’t

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I only boo Bryan when he tells me to

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think so the whole crowd flipped them off.

Well that’s why I specified the crowd being into the singalong parts but wavering otherwise (singing along includes fingers)

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Christian Cage, kicked in the penis, repeatedly. The feeling is BACK!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
hey has anyone said PAC vs. Okada yet. a match between the two most perfect wrestlers is happening

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

hey has anyone said PAC vs. Okada yet. a match between the two most perfect wrestlers is happening

That was my biggest takeaway of the night. What a sick match

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PAC is such a good ace to have up the sleeve. Any time you want to get instant heat for a match you just have him shipped over from his goblin cave

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Ganso Bomb posted:

The Fite feed cut off during the Acclaimed promo and I didn't feel a need to restart it - it seemed really whiny and the preceding BCG was way more entertaining. I'll catch up on the matches today though.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

PAC is such a good ace to have up the sleeve. Any time you want to get instant heat for a match you just have him shipped over from his goblin cave

I believe he canonically lives under a bridge.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feeling bullish on AEW Dynasty

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I have a few gripes with mercedes right now. The biggest is that her whole presentation so far feels astroturfed as gently caress. From the chant in her song, to catch phrase vomit in promos, like it comes off very desperate. It doesnt help that her live promo is very mid, her first opponent looks to be the insanely likeable willow, and her finish is somehow worse than the overdrive or self rockbottom. I'm willing and even hopeful to be proven wrong in the coming weeks though.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I can't wait for the smugness of the Bucks and Okada all walking around with gold.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Defenestrategy posted:

I have a few gripes with mercedes right now. The biggest is that her whole presentation so far feels astroturfed as gently caress. From the chant in her song, to catch phrase vomit in promos, like it comes off very desperate. It doesnt help that her live promo is very mid, her first opponent looks to be the insanely likeable willow, and her finish is somehow worse than the overdrive or self rockbottom. I'm willing and even hopeful to be proven wrong in the coming weeks though.

I was sort of thinking the same, her backstage bit meetup with Willow/Stat felt way better than any of her in-ring stuff so far. I'm not really surprised by the middling promos because it's never been her strong suit but her song just being a CEO chant with her tron being the letters CEO appearing over and over again and the crowd chanting CEO every time she says CEO (which is quite often) is already like, okay cmon..

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bard Maddox posted:

So much happened last night and my brain feels like mush, I almost forgot this happened. What a loving match that’s gonna be.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I think the crowd still loves the Acclaimed, they just can't stand Max Caster.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lol the worm has turned on botcha already

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

remember when Christian cage was repeatedly kicked in the pee wee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

CEO vs DMD in a contest to see who can get the crowd to say three letters the most times