Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What was the point where everybody turned on the Acclaimed? I know there were plenty of people who didn't like the acclaimed well before they won the belts but what was the catalyst for seemingly everyone to be fed up with them in general? Was it the BBSG stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

her fake crying at the start of her in ring was so funny lol

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

them beating hob for the trios after billy had a senior moment and tried to leave his boots in the ring

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

She's got god-tier charisma and while her talking is fine but not spectacular I think it's just the usual learning curve people who have a lot of WWE seasoning on them have to go through. She'll have some great matches, settle in, and it'll all work out fine. Look at Adam Copeland - his first few weeks were a little rough, but when he clicked he ended up having one of the best recent feuds culminating in that crazy blowoff last night. I have faith. More importantly, wider crowds seem to as well - Mone is a shot in the arm just like Ospreay and Okada, big deal wrestlers who feel as such.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

explosivo posted:

What was the point where everybody turned on the Acclaimed? I know there were plenty of people who didn't like the acclaimed well before they won the belts but what was the catalyst for seemingly everyone to be fed up with them in general? Was it the BBSG stuff?

Their matches becoming incredibly formulaic to build to a mediocre Daddy rear end hot tag.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I thought Bowens was good last night.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

explosivo posted:

What was the point where everybody turned on the Acclaimed?

It had been a couple of weeks since the thread had murdered one of its darlings, so we just spun a roulette wheel and they came up.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I thought Bowens was good last night.

Bowens has always been good.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Five Tool player has a future away from The Acclaimed and I have no beef with him. Just sick of the other two and the overall package I guess. They've had very few feuds or real direction since getting the belts so it's all quite boring.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

explosivo posted:

yea

edit: gently caress it does kinda look like taven lol

I thought it was him too

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

explosivo posted:

They are very popular.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

this is why Matt Taven has to loudly clarify that he’s Matt Taven

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I think bownes and jay should have a singles match

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I like The Acclaimed but their trios reign has sucked big time, and it's gone on forever. The belts are just props for them rather than titles that other teams actually seem to want and it's really ruined a division that I remember a lot of people being excited for before this. I'd love to see teams like Danielson/Mox/Claudio go after them and make them seem like an actual desirable prize but since it seems like Tony doesn't want to do that he should just put the trios titles on a team like Top Flight and let them have crazy party matches every other show.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I really love how consistently over PAC is. It's not something I would have expected. I understand why from every logical standpoint - he's an incredible wrestler who is jacked to the gills and has an extremely distinct voice and promo style and looks like a furious goblin and his theme song is awesome and his nickname is amazing - but it still pleasantly surprises me every time.

Okada/PAC at Dynasty is gonna be unreal.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

explosivo posted:

Quite pleased with how this turned out :hmmyes:

I hear the angels cry, under the dragon's sky!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I really love how consistently over PAC is. It's not something I would have expected. I understand why from every logical standpoint - he's an incredible wrestler who is jacked to the gills and has an extremely distinct voice and promo style and looks like a furious goblin and his theme song is awesome and his nickname is amazing - but it still pleasantly surprises me every time.

Okada/PAC at Dynasty is gonna be unreal.

He’s just one of those wrestlers who will forever be over no matter what they do. AEW has a few, Riho and Mark Briscoe are the other two that come to mind.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Also was it just me or did The Acclaimed lose the crowd a bit any time they talked about BCG? The crowd seemed into them in general mostly and did the singalong parts, but it felt to me like the crowd went mixed when they were expected to boo Jay White & Pals.

they lost me and I'm part of the tv crowd so yes

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

yikes 500 dollars for a third row ticket behind the announcers in Everett, that's more than I paid for Wrestledream and the previous night's collision (third row even!)

edit: third row of raised seats it is, I must prepare a new WH2K/PSP/RR/THH:SSZ sign

Tweak fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 21, 2024

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

mooseinfants posted:

I like The Acclaimed but their trios reign has sucked big time, and it's gone on forever. The belts are just props for them rather than titles that other teams actually seem to want and it's really ruined a division that I remember a lot of people being excited for before this. I'd love to see teams like Danielson/Mox/Claudio go after them and make them seem like an actual desirable prize but since it seems like Tony doesn't want to do that he should just put the trios titles on a team like Top Flight and let them have crazy party matches every other show.

Yeah it's this. Them getting the titles was actually kind of the death of the Trios division and thats a problem. The pink belts were fun for a bit, but lets be real its silly poo poo that with a reign this long with so few defenses, devalues them.

I would rather have BCG actually retire billy and take the belts so they can do something with them. Jay White is too good to not feature regularly and I haven't minded silly Jay White, but I think we'd all enjoy skeevy but seriously dangerous threat Jay White.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

panko posted:

CEO vs DMD in a contest to see who can get the crowd to say three letters the most times

Dr. Britt Baker DMD returning outraged that Mercedes has come in and been slotted right at the top of HER company is something I have been expecting and wanting ever since I realized Mercedes was likely to be in AEW :hellyeah:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

hey if anyone notices tickets go on sale within driving distance from southwest Indiana give me a heads up please. My son wants to go to a show with me.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1770864700965658852

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

personally I just want hayter back and one vignette where her and okada compliment each other on their finishers. I’m not difficult to please.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

panko posted:

personally I just want hayter back and one vignette where her and okada compliment each other on their finishers. I’m not difficult to please.

hell yeah

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I get where Adam cole is supposed to be underestimating wardlow or something but Adam Cole has not been booked to be dumb

He has been booked to be manipulative and crafty

Why the gently caress would he think that wardlow would accept his domineering after max did the same thing

I feel like there is a twist there they have either been planning or waiting for, with wardlow expecting the betrayal and the second they try to do the stable beatdown, he kicks Adam cole in the foot and dives out of the ring or something

This cannot just be them redoing the wardlow/mjf feud with wardlow being expected to get babyface shine from being dumped on, that would suck

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotinaj posted:

I get where Adam cole is supposed to be underestimating wardlow or something but Adam Cole has not been booked to be dumb

He has been booked to be manipulative and crafty

Why the gently caress would he think that wardlow would accept his domineering after max did the same thing

I feel like there is a twist there they have either been planning or waiting for, with wardlow expecting the betrayal and the second they try to do the stable beatdown, he kicks Adam cole in the foot and dives out of the ring or something

This cannot just be them redoing the wardlow/mjf feud with wardlow being expected to get babyface shine from being dumped on, that would suck

I do expect there’s some sort of a twist

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I really need AEW to stop relying on arena audio for entrance music, it sounds so bad when you can hear it at all. They used to be so good at that too. The lighting last night was weirdly flat too, it took me a while to pin that down since they were trying some different stuff with camera work--to mixed results for me--but it was so distracting for me because the lighting is usually really good. Great show(s) overall but the technical stuff definitely took me out a little bit.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i’m willing to overlook mercedes having mediocre promos for the next couple of weeks. she’s not gonna be doing this type of promo for much longer anyways. for now it’s exciting to have her.

okada, ospreay, mercedes. we love our new signings

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’m not trying to be funny but I think they’ve just had such poo poo houses up until basically last week that they’ve been lighting the shows really dark. Last week and tonight they had a decent sized crowd so it just looked… brighter.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

explosivo posted:

What was the point where everybody turned on the Acclaimed?

the first time max caster started rapping for me personally

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

they made him park his kia so far away from the stadium and it looks cold out there :(

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’m not trying to be funny but I think they’ve just had such poo poo houses up until basically last week that they’ve been lighting the shows really dark. Last week and tonight they had a decent sized crowd so it just looked… brighter.

yeah, when they have a full crowd they jack the lights up and make sure to do lots of swooping camera shots showing all the people in the seats. If the lights are so low you can't see past the second row, it's pretty safe to assume it's emptier.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

post hole digger posted:

they made him park his kia so far away from the stadium and it looks cold out there :(

that’s pretty much right outside the gates

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The penalty box brawl was so good

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I haven't minded silly Jay White, but I think we'd all enjoy skeevy but seriously dangerous threat Jay White.

The highlight of this entire BBSG run has been Jay adopting over-the-top face behavior (Saying the name of the city they're in to pop the crowd like 8 times per promo) but still clearly being a devious, slimy bastard. I'm eager for this storyline to wrap up - it never made sense to begin with and it's got everybody involved in a holding pattern - but I want Jay to keep this odious "I'm the good guy!" persona moving forward

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I hope last night was a sign that Stokley will eventually manage Mercedes. He'd be a perfect fit.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

JethroMcB posted:

The highlight of this entire BBSG run has been Jay adopting over-the-top face behavior (Saying the name of the city they're in to pop the crowd like 8 times per promo) but still clearly being a devious, slimy bastard. I'm eager for this storyline to wrap up - it never made sense to begin with and it's got everybody involved in a holding pattern - but I want Jay to keep this odious "I'm the good guy!" persona moving forward

The biggest issue with it is that they totally lost sight of why they teamed up in the first place and it broke down before we ever got to the BBSG paying back the Undisputed Kingdom which makes it an even bigger waste.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I don't know if you can have Willow be a heel. It seems physically impossible.

Mercedes working heel against Willow, though? And joined by Stokely has her hype man? I could see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Notorious ZSB posted:

The biggest issue with it is that they totally lost sight of why they teamed up in the first place and it broke down before we ever got to the BBSG paying back the Undisputed Kingdom which makes it an even bigger waste.

I still do not get why there wasn’t a single segment of them chasing down and trying to gently caress up the undisputed kingdom, it means literally a dozen dudes have been spinning their wheels for like half a year to result in a storyline sputtering out weakly

They did a promo off or two and then all involved walked away, well done all