Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I get where Adam cole is supposed to be underestimating wardlow or something but Adam Cole has not been booked to be dumb

He has been booked to be manipulative and crafty

Why the gently caress would he think that wardlow would accept his domineering after max did the same thing

I feel like there is a twist there they have either been planning or waiting for, with wardlow expecting the betrayal and the second they try to do the stable beatdown, he kicks Adam cole in the foot and dives out of the ring or something

This cannot just be them redoing the wardlow/mjf feud with wardlow being expected to get babyface shine from being dumped on, that would suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Notorious ZSB posted:

The biggest issue with it is that they totally lost sight of why they teamed up in the first place and it broke down before we ever got to the BBSG paying back the Undisputed Kingdom which makes it an even bigger waste.

I still do not get why there wasn’t a single segment of them chasing down and trying to gently caress up the undisputed kingdom, it means literally a dozen dudes have been spinning their wheels for like half a year to result in a storyline sputtering out weakly

They did a promo off or two and then all involved walked away, well done all

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

I don't really see it as an issue that they never went after Undisputed Kingdom because I buy Jay White as the kind of guy to suggest the team-up based on that premise purely with the intention of stabbing The Acclaimed in the back.

I don’t, I expect Jay white to hold that grudge

Whether or not it pays off here, idk, and i am unsure if I even want the storyline to be resolved, I am mostly just complaining that the storyline that has been done thus far has been poorly done and I am dissatisfied

(Also I am trying very hard to cope with enormous anxiety by shitposting about rasslin, i am so hosed, life is not good in the rotinaj household)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flashy_mcflash posted:

Everyone's so happy about last night and I'm here worried about my father dude Christian's poor dilz. Remember the last person that got his dick obliterated with a bat was out almost two years and lost all his confidence.

The last person got hit with a bat, but Copeland put all those nails so close together, maybe he did the whole bed of nails thing where the surface area is too diffuse

Have faith in your daddy and wait to see

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Parallax posted:

Okada turned heel immediately upon joining and Ospreay is part of a heel group(?) and people go crazy for both of them

Realheads knew Okada was always heel when he came in

:colbert:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ChrisBTY posted:

Wardlow beats Adam Cole so badly that MJF comes to Cole's aid. Because AEW is about friendship and friendship is about forgiving people.

I would actually be down for that, esp if wardlow had gone through the rest of the undis kingdo by then

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

Hmm. Much to think about.

lol the complaints over the Jericho zone eating Ricky Starks alive got to him so much he wanted to make hook look like a killer, except hook already did that and Jericho just looks like a bandwagon jumper

lol and also lmao

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shard posted:

right I'd argue that sami had all those skills already. I'm interested to know if there was someone who was not as good before nxt and then demonstrably better after their time in nxt.

Nobody ever heard of that Walter dude before he went through nxt, and now he is the next big thing as Gunther

Only in double double eee, baby

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Edward Mass posted:

Counterpoint: all Four Pillars are now either hurt or suspended.

replaced by the new four pillars, shibata and okada and ospreay and willow nightingale

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is jumping jack Perry resigned or re-signed

What do words even mean anymore

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Something something “AEW has to bribe fans to watch” something somethingi’m so lonely

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eat My Fuc posted:

I call my underwear the dirstsheets cause theyre full of marks.

call me skid vicious way i’m making GBS threads on mine rear end

Oh god what did your rear end do to its shinbones

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

this would somehow lead to a rerun of the dog food angle i just know it

Not dog food

https://youtu.be/pGt4TL5sJbA

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I will only accept the return of tyler black if he goes full force into the mosh pit dancefighting he did when he came out back in the day

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ChrisBTY posted:

Don't need Sheamus. Already have RUSH.
Wait...AEW does have RUSH right?

Odd couple pairing, sheamus and rush after rush kicks Preston Vance to the curb

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

I watched a guy make cinnamon candy out of styrofoam. He got the "turning polystyrene into styrene into cinnamaldehyde" bit absolutely perfect, and then hosed up the "making candy out of sugar" part so bad it was actually funny.

Nilered?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

What the gently caress

AJ styles is a firm believer in fossil fuel technology

He loves the gas

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

Is Willow Nightingale a Babe with The Power, that she incidentally uses to, among other things, bomb people, or is she a Babe with The Bomb, which is notable because it is several standard deviations more powerful than observed industry standards for The Bomb?

Do NOT say both. If you say both, I'm putting it on your permanent record.

I do not understand, what power?

The power of voodoo? Who do?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gavok posted:

DO YA?!

Remind me of the Kaz?!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Stroker Ace posted:

So Okada scams customers into thinking something is limited? Is that what Tony means?

No, Tony means that Okada is gonna wind up being kept in a rich doctor’s garage for a decade or two, and then sold when the doctor moves on to a more expensive hobby like crashing single engine airplanes

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Miching Mallecho posted:

I think this is the same problem that happened with the MJF reign after Wembley, they knew where they wanted to end it, world's end in Long Island , but getting there was so long that everything in between kinda got lost in the shuffle

Right now, they know the next story beat is MJF coming back and getting revenge on Cole but he's injured and Cole's injured so you got Undisputed members spinning the wheels.

Worse, it’s the same problem after the firm was introduced and promptly went on to do nothing because they were gonna feud with punk and he either got injured or threw out his back carrying the entire promotion or whatever the gently caress

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The fact that Adam cole keeps getting chances and Stokely got shoved down to ROH despite being way more entertaining is bullshit imo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Taxman posted:

Y'all hating on ROH clearly haven't got the memo that it's the women's show

Also I totally thought that the kingdom were dweebs until their Fight without Honor with Top Flight

What I'm saying is, watch RoH!

I am still not paying ten extra dollars a month for dark, especially when I am two days away from unemployment

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

How dare I get laid off from my job, I know

Such a dickhead

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am actually impressed with the amount of poo poo that archive.org has, and am starting to wonder when the worse part of the world is going to finally decide to destroy it

Because nothing good lasts nowadays

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr E posted:

Certain lovely authors have already started to try and destroy it.

I used to want to be a published author, but the loving nightmarescape that is the publishing industry made me decide to give up on that particular dream

The publishers have a point but they also are brutally loving as many authors as they possibly can

Cool world we got here

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pinwiz11 posted:

Self-publish.

Any answer I give right now is colored by my previously mentioned mindset of being two days away from unemployment, my grandma going mushy in the head, and being ghosted after a second date. Fun week so far.

God, I hope I hoot and holler tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Roddy also defeated the top babyface of the company and he got a belt out of it.

I don’t understand, Roderick strong and Samoa Joe haven’t really interacted, much less had a match for the belt

:colbert: