Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I have a few gripes with mercedes right now. The biggest is that her whole presentation so far feels astroturfed as gently caress. From the chant in her song, to catch phrase vomit in promos, like it comes off very desperate. It doesnt help that her live promo is very mid, her first opponent looks to be the insanely likeable willow, and her finish is somehow worse than the overdrive or self rockbottom. I'm willing and even hopeful to be proven wrong in the coming weeks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Gives action andretti a flash pin, gives ricky starks, cassidy, and kingston their first high profile pape victories, and now has hook brutalize him. Yes certainly the work of a heat vampire constantly protecting their spot.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

fez_machine posted:

Name a single tag team that has survived being part of a Jericho faction in AEW

Lets where are they now for a second

Sammy keeps going face and doing stupid poo poo. Pnp exploded because of bad injury timing. Hager is exactly as he should be. Danny is being groomed for an inevitable run. 2.0 are in pretty good position as basically Dannys cheering squad and playing opposite paiges brother on rampage. Considering whats happened to other teams and people (Dark Order, Th2, Danhausen, Ricky Starks, butcher blade) theyre doing a lot better.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

fez_machine posted:

2.0 are not Daniel Garcia's cheering squad, Daddy Magic is.

There's been multiple places where Cool Hand Ang could have intervened to help both Garcia and Menard but so far it's always been some one else

Look if I was dating ruby soho and had to contend with a chav with a black jack I'd probably be unable to help my adopted son either.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

half the aew roster

I dont think better by comparison is what they where after.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Ibexaz posted:

Arguably Sami Zayn, who dropped a limiting but super over gimmick and still kept crowds behind him through that black and gold NXT run

He had a great friend and mentor before NXT though who now runs an orphanage. I'd argue he was far more impactful than hardcam training.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

I still think Tony's biggest weakness as a booker is that he can't find a spot for Danhausen and when he does use him it sucks. It's not because Danhausen is any good or anything. It's just because he's literally Toru Yano and it wouldn't be hard to book Danhausen to show up as the little stinker in all of your tournaments. It's the exact same gimmick except goth and they struggle so hard at doing anything with it.

I've had this sneaking suspicion that tony is like a lot of posters. He can recognize a wrestler is popular but cant book wrestlers he doesnt actually like outside of bit parts.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Danhausen was in the middle of kind of an interesting push and got injured. When he got back the person he'd most closely allied with was a pariah and then gone. Now the roster is even better so what do you do with him. I'd put him in ROH more but I can see just not really wanting to deal with it.

I also would put the near number 1 merch seller and the guy who a ton of people paint their faces up at the shows and bring signs for on the internet only show.

There's ton of use for Danhausen, people act as if he's just some dude who got lucky. His ring work is passable, and his charisma is undeniable, people love that Danhausen and Tony has tried to do far more with far less talent in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Absolutely wild rear end hot takes in this thread.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Are we really pretending the banged-up theatre kid is worthy of Tv Time when we’ve just signed Okada and Ospreay? Is that the sort of stuff we’re saying after one weekend without Collision???

Yes, because Okada and Osprey aren't wrestling every show of every week, for the entire 5 hours of programming not including papes.

edit: Also lol at trying to dunk on Kenny Omega with the theater kid jab, I see you.