Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Captain Foo posted:

I do expect there’s some sort of a twist

Wardlow beats Adam Cole so badly that MJF comes to Cole's aid. Because AEW is about friendship and friendship is about forgiving people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Didn't Garcia, Daddy Magic and Ang come down to help Copeland last night?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Don't need Sheamus. Already have RUSH.
Wait...AEW does have RUSH right?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Can I just say to whomever said that Metalingus makes way more sense as Copeland's AEW theme that they are absolutely correct.

The lyrics all talk about leaving something behind, starting something new and possibly being much better for it. Even if you don't hate WWE it still makes more sense as his AEW theme. At the point he started using Metalingus in WWE he was entrenched as anybody ever was or would be.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

On a totally different subject, it's been a week and I'm still thinking about the Cage/Copeland blowoff :allears: Cope hit him right in the balls. Over and over. Those two old men took some crazy bumps.

My one knock is I wish Bryce had kept the mic closer to Christian when he tried to fire off one last "Go gently caress yourself" but it's a small thing in a match that really was so much fun.

It's been awesome seeing Copeland adapt to this new environment with such a fun feud and I'm definitely thinking he'll have a short reign that'll build to a Garcia rematch where Garcia takes the title. In the meantime I'm looking forward to more fun open challenges. Maybe Anthony Ogogo, Nick Comoroto, or Brian Cage, and then toss in some crazier stuff like you did with Suzuki and we're cooking. As long as the challengers get mic time and shine in the ring like the last Cope Open run I think we're in for a fun few weeks.

Garcia is a definite possibility I also think that they might circle around back to Starks from when Copeland first appeared in AEW. I feel like Starks/Bill has run it's course and Starks is overdue for a TNT title run. (I personally think TNT is Stark's ceiling in a company as stacked as AEW but it's about time he hit that ceiling). Also Big Bill should team with Hobbs to complete the Team Taz trifecta. (Hook didn't become an active wrestler until Team Taz wasn't really a thing anymore).

Also there is a downside to Ospreay in AEW: it feels like he simultaneously and inadvertently stole the spotlight from everything else going on the company. Like I care about Swerve about 15% less since Ospreay has shown up. I was not on board with Ospreay winning the world title at Wembly this year but striking when the iron is hot is a thing and Ospreay's iron is absolutely molten right now. It feels like a shortish rein for Swerve but if he gets to main in at worst the second biggest show in AEW's history against a guy who will make the pops Steve Austin got in the attitude era sound like mid-card mat wrestling pops in comparison it's a decent consolation prize.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 26, 2024

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The big reason I'm sad because of no Danhausen is that I know of a streamer who got into pro wrestling because of seeing Danhausen clips.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

"Your book kinda sucked because you have no heart or soul to pour into it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MorningMoon posted:

thank you dustin for asking the follow up question i'd be too embarrassed to think of

...huh, gently caress.

It's fine. Juice Robinson was a stunt double. That's why nobody in the BBG went to help Jay White after the first attack. Juice was busy and if the Gunns showed up he'd be conspicuous by his absence.