Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

So I've been on the west coast all week and I didn't realize that AEW airs live at 5 over here. Luckily I was able to pull up and watch the Dynamite I missed on the Triller app. And holy poo poo, what an electric show. Pretty funny that the end of the main event is technically on Rampage. Will Ospreay is everything a top face needs to be, the Cage/Cope match was a blast with a lot of fun and brutal spots, Okada beating Eddie actually shocked me despite predicting it happening all week, and I was really on board with every promo and story development.

Don getting booed out of the building was hilarious. Cannot wait for Ospreay/Shibata and Swerve/Takeshita.

Really happy about Copeland winning the title back :woop: Gonna predict Danny takes it off of him, maybe even at the PPV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Went back through the GDT just to remind myself how much I enjoyed the show last night. lol jericho got dumped on his head over and over

That Rampage street fight was unsurprisingly awesome but one of my favorite moments of the night was the crowd chanting "You sick gently caress" at Skye Blue, who was clearly loving it.

Thinking about the Cage/Cope upside-down ladder spot again. And how Christian got kicked in the dick twenty times. There was so much to love about the show.

Also, very cool that they're finally doing a Collision an hour away from me! Unfortunately it'll be a month after my big spendy vacation so I'll have to see how much tickets are as close to the date as possible but I might be able to make it.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

God drat I actually yelped when Okada got the three. What a way to start the matches on the show. I keep remembering all the wild things they set up for next week - Swerve/Takeshita, Ospreay/Shibata. On weekly TV!! We are really so spoiled for great wrestling.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

She's got god-tier charisma and while her talking is fine but not spectacular I think it's just the usual learning curve people who have a lot of WWE seasoning on them have to go through. She'll have some great matches, settle in, and it'll all work out fine. Look at Adam Copeland - his first few weeks were a little rough, but when he clicked he ended up having one of the best recent feuds culminating in that crazy blowoff last night. I have faith. More importantly, wider crowds seem to as well - Mone is a shot in the arm just like Ospreay and Okada, big deal wrestlers who feel as such.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I thought Bowens was good last night.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I really love how consistently over PAC is. It's not something I would have expected. I understand why from every logical standpoint - he's an incredible wrestler who is jacked to the gills and has an extremely distinct voice and promo style and looks like a furious goblin and his theme song is awesome and his nickname is amazing - but it still pleasantly surprises me every time.

Okada/PAC at Dynasty is gonna be unreal.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Waffleopolis posted:

I hope last night was a sign that Stokley will eventually manage Mercedes. He'd be a perfect fit.

My partner is adamant that this is the plan and I'm starting to believe as well. It would be fantastic.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

how could she do this to me :(

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Majinfoose posted:

Related to CRTs, is there a good adapter to attach HDMI to one? Maybe send a PM to not clutter the thread.

In my thread about my channel setup I have a link to a good connector that doesn't require external power, but most HDMI-to-AV connectors can get the job done in a pinch before you start going to the specialized stuff. :science:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

ARMBAR A COP posted:

thinking about that time Christian Cage was kicked in the pp multiple times

KICKED IN THE DICK

TNT CHAMPION

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

That's actually so cute lol :kimchi:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

You’d think the CEO could do better than a Vizio!

Vi Zi O

Vi Zi O

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

He needs to fight them all and make them bleed to prove he belongs with them!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

STING 64 posted:

smash cut to September 14th, 2024. All In was a great success. All Out was even better with the triple debut of Drew Galloway, Sheamus O'Shaughnessy, and newest AEW signing and rescue Kaito Kiyomiya. A new upload of Hey EW hits youtube, featuring SOS himself sitting beside the ever silly RJ City. He asks the first question that all of us have been wondering: How many, is too many limes? Grand Slam does a 1.56 million viewer overall and a 0.57 in the demo. All is good.

Manifesting :pray:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Very happy for Jake :3: It's always a treat whenever he manages Lance Archer and if anyone deserves a steady gig, it's him.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

If he wants to stop printing money and go back to being Donovan, The Guy Who Lost In Multiman Battle Royals, he can be my guest. I'll go back to wrestling and take the horror host gimmick back, thank you very much!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

But for real, it seems like he's not satisfied creatively, I guess, and the Hoe rear end Comments probably didn't help. A shame, but what can you do?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

That's extremely cool art.

Something that flew under the radar but I'm very excited about is the confirmation that whoever holds the Continental Championship by the time of the next C2 will be automatically entered into it. It's an obvious rule but it's nice to know it's going to happen. I doubt Okada is losing that title for a bit, but even if he does I don't see a world where he isn't in. I feel like we'll see some returning names from the first one, but I'm especially excited for the wildcards. We could see anyone from Christian Cage to Bryan Keith get booked in one of the leagues. Mark Briscoe was my big want last year and I was happy he participated. This time, maybe Buddy Matthews would be cool. He's a great wrestler and, House of Black jobbing rumors aside, would lead to some absolutely killer singles matches. Get PAC in there too!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

She's a Babe with Power, who uses a Power [pause for emphasis] bomb.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he’s over in the “it’s so over” way

time to make room for we’re so ryback

lmfao

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

That's a pretty elegant substitution since the CMLL luchadors have been wrestling Sydal on Rampage as well. Cool stuff.

Now I'm thinking about Sheamus vs. Hechicero.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah, shooting himself in the foot by calling Drew McIntyre a man in a dress and name-dropping Cornette's podcasts!!!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

He also called Danhausen a bitch and a liar and said he used to have respect for him but no more

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

He called him Kenny Beta as Michael Cole screamed "oh my goodness!!!"

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

explosivo posted:

Getting real hard to tell what's something that actually happened on wwe tv vs people making jokes lol

I'm sorry; much like my favorite wrestler, Bryan Danielson, I love to lie.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

On a totally different subject, it's been a week and I'm still thinking about the Cage/Copeland blowoff :allears: Cope hit him right in the balls. Over and over. Those two old men took some crazy bumps.

My one knock is I wish Bryce had kept the mic closer to Christian when he tried to fire off one last "Go gently caress yourself" but it's a small thing in a match that really was so much fun.

It's been awesome seeing Copeland adapt to this new environment with such a fun feud and I'm definitely thinking he'll have a short reign that'll build to a Garcia rematch where Garcia takes the title. In the meantime I'm looking forward to more fun open challenges. Maybe Anthony Ogogo, Nick Comoroto, or Brian Cage, and then toss in some crazier stuff like you did with Suzuki and we're cooking. As long as the challengers get mic time and shine in the ring like the last Cope Open run I think we're in for a fun few weeks.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Hell, I'd be upset if you didn't.

Another name I think would be fun in the Copen: Kyle Fletcher. Not that he needs help with shine or anything but the idea of the match just tickles me.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Bile Retcher was right there!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Remember that we got Edge vs Minoru Suzuki on tv lol just like, for fun

:allears:

Wrestling rules.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Hogan ate him :(

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Oh, I see, Tony was just doing math and needed to go dark for it. I get it.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Not wanting to miss Ospreay/Shibata or Swerve/Takeshita is all the motivation I need to get my house cleaning done fast. Thank you Tony for the wrestling

I cannot believe those are both happening on free TV on the same Dynamite. What the hell. lol

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Looking forward to Ospreay beating Shibata tonight and then immediately getting laid out by Sheamus.

:hai:

Ospreay will then have to prove he's better than the clamdigger by lasting longer than 18 seconds.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The easy solution: Matt Taven table bumps every show and a whole bunch of Roddy backbreakers too.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

The Taxman posted:

Y'all hating on ROH clearly haven't got the memo that it's the women's show

Also I totally thought that the kingdom were dweebs until their Fight without Honor with Top Flight

What I'm saying is, watch RoH!

SuperCard is gonna be soooo drat good. :hai:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

I am still not paying ten extra dollars a month for dark, especially when I am two days away from unemployment

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

How dare I get laid off from my job, I know

Such a dickhead

I'm sorry about your getting laid off; that's never good. I hope you can land on your feet sooner rather than later and find something potentially better.

Now let me tell you about a cool website named Archive Dot Org--

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013