Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Took a sick day today because everything from my stomach to my head feels like trash. Some Wednesday thoughts:

- Mercedes is a really bad promo. I can’t remember any of her WWE stuff to compare to and I guess maybe it’s because none of it was memorable. I prefer the impression Sarah from Marty & Sarah does do the real deal. Please wrestle soon, or at the least stop doing big in-ring promos and just do backstage interaction stuff because the interaction with Stat and Willow was way better.

- Okada rules and it’s so weird seeing him on regular TV just winning a midcard belt. Excited to see how Eddie’s downfall and eventual rise plays out after he loses the ROH title to Briscoe and the Strong title to someone else.

- Street fight was great, wish Skye got more color but alas. Honestly surprised at the outcome and expected Willow to win to lead to Julia/Willow for the belt.

- Ospreay feels like the babyface ready to lead AEW for the next 5 years. Real life idiot problems aside, he’s such a natural at this and his excitement is infectious.

- Best Friends/Callis Family ruled. No notes.

- Next week looks loving great.

- Is Deonna going to turn heel and join Toni over her resentment toward Rosa getting the win and maybe an eventual title shot? Just turn heel and be alone? Could see joining Toni and pushing Mariah out to cause a babyface turn for Mariah or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Also was it just me or did The Acclaimed lose the crowd a bit any time they talked about BCG? The crowd seemed into them in general mostly and did the singalong parts, but it felt to me like the crowd went mixed when they were expected to boo Jay White & Pals.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think so the whole crowd flipped them off.

Well that’s why I specified the crowd being into the singalong parts but wavering otherwise (singing along includes fingers)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bard Maddox posted:

hey has anyone said PAC vs. Okada yet. a match between the two most perfect wrestlers is happening

So much happened last night and my brain feels like mush, I almost forgot this happened. What a loving match that’s gonna be.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Did they ever mention what the deal was with the action figures on the commentary table? They were there in the background of so many shots and I can’t remember if they ever said anything about them, but I may have just missed it in my sickly stupor.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jericho can both have the ability to put guys over in matches while also being a heat vacuum/vampire because his feuds and stories drag on far longer than they ever should.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

fez_machine posted:

Name a single tag team that has survived being part of a Jericho faction in AEW

Sammy Guevara and Getting Suspended

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Someone earlier mentioned how they need to feed the theme music audio into the broadcast instead of just picking it up in-arena and it was very distracting for the first time in a long time for me last night. Okada’s theme especially sounded weird, like it was somehow off as if a second instance of it was also being picked up but was off by a beat or two.

I think Tony has said he doesn’t want to change that, but man I wish he’d reconsider.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tato posted:

It's a rite of passage to attend an AEW show with a hot crowd and then read online that the crowd seemed dead all night. The sound has issues.

Crowd sounded great on TV all night!

I’m destined to always hear audio issues since I went to college for audio production so AEW is as much a blessing as it is a curse for me.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

You’d think the CEO could do better than a Vizio!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This all sounds like such bullshit especially the part where they scrapped plans for his return after Punk showed up at Survivor Series. What the gently caress would one have to do with the other at that point?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Vi Zi O

Vi Zi O

We need a Mercedes back-of-hands-dancing emoji because that’s what I want to respond to this with

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mike Bailey doesn’t really do anything for me. I also don’t think they need to worry about making any new big signings anytime soon but it’d be cool to see a big tag team come in for a change of pace. We just got big signings of Okada and Mercedes, let’s debut a tag team as a huge deal.

Also, sign Violence Is Forever.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I thought he disappeared from the roster immediately after dropping the belt?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

No Friday Rampage and no Saturday Collision make Lamuella something something.

We watched Anastasia last night because my partner was surprised I’d never seen it and knew nothing about it. There were zero powerbombs. Feels like my brain is starting to shut down.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If my old Willow Nightingale t-shirt is to be believed, she is neither. She is The Babe With The Powerbomb.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

Excalibur makes a clear hesitation between the two. I'm forced to conclude that shirt is an extremely rare misprint, presumably worth 750,000 dollars.

I always knew my day would come

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I assume Kenny and Hangman would have ended up beating PnP anyway because I can’t imagine them not telling that story in that way, but that sucks nonetheless. Wish they had one good run with the belts.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This time last week it felt like my body was imploding so I could only enjoy Dynamite so much. Today I feel great and despite the gloomy weather trying to bring me down, I’m very excited for this Dynamite. I doubt it’ll happen but I’d really love to see Private Party beat The Bucks.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Going to be dire once Cole recovers and Ospreay or Swerve has to feud with him.

I don’t know that Cole’s brains can handle a match with Ospreay. He’ll get nine different types of scrambled.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gumball Gumption posted:

You can pirate it

You wouldn’t download a car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Everyone has been expecting Stat to turn on Willow and I’m growing more and more nervous as the weeks pass that one of these weeks it’s actually gonna happen