Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

codo27 posted:

I read a NYT article earlier about the US gov lawsuit against apple and the comments section was really something. Just completely blind people.

When I think of reddit I always think of two things. A long since closed local takeout called Reddi-Chef, so I can almost taste the name when I think of it, and my lazy brained coworker who once piped up when asked what reddit was with "Its the front page of the internet!" non-ironically. He also enjoys listening to joe rogan.

Conversely to that rube of a journalist, I cant express my disdain when I google something and find only results from reddit.

adding reddit to a google search is usually actually more useful than normally using google's search now though
I don't even have a reddit account, but get some good mileage out of that trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

Earwicker posted:

you can also go to youtube and sit through 2 minutes of animated logos for a one-person production company and then 5 minutes of a teenager's tedious introduction and over-explanation of Software Y's basic menu systems and a ceremonial unboxing of Hardware Z, until you find maybe seventeen relevant seconds actually explaining how to do Thing X except it turns out it doesnt work with the particular version of the OS you are running

youtube's search is actually somehow worse than googling for youtube videos at this point

like youtube will ignore what you searched for and give you tangenteally related results, then entirely unrelated "suggestions for you," then if you're lucky what you want is several pages down
searching in quotes also outright doesn't even work properly anymore if you know exactly what you want to find