Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

"unmediated by algorithms and largely free of mindless engagement bait"

oh for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i can't believe the lyin' failin' new york times didn't even credit us with getting donald trump elected

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Came_from_Something_Awful

NPR wouldn't have forgotten, that's for sure

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

once they go public they'll finally be able to pay their enormous workforce of moderators. that's gotta be the reason they're raising money, right? to reward the people who have created all the value in the first place?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've just had a great idea for an app

moderatr

a gig economy framework that can be used to connect moderators with platform operators

i'm going to be rich

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Grey Cat posted:

Sounds more like grindr for reddit mods.

you're hired

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

This is the perfect time for Reddit as it is the one platform that can fill the gaping hole left by Twitter. I revisited the app after several years of not using it, and I’m highly impressed at not only the realtime nature of the comments, but the respectfulness and intelligence of the commenters. Hopefully this IPO will remind everyone to give it a try and make it a role model for the others.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

would love to compare the quality of discussion between your average SA thread and the new york times comment section

they're exactly the same

(i copied my last post from the article comments :twisted:)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

with google search, the power is in the user's hands! you can either search for the reddit comments directly, or don't and read the AI article results amalgamated from reddit comments instead

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Earwicker posted:

a betrayal of what?

reddit sucks but the traditional "enemies" of SA are fark, maddox, and ebaumsworld

personal dignity. sure we may post in a cesspool, but we’ve got standards.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nyt writer trying to respect himself but ai keeps loving his wife

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Worf posted:

Nobody is mad or concerned here, but I’m not gonna pretend that poo poo doesn’t stink either

mad?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

maybe fyad could replace that filth about a gay man struggling to kill himself because he can't stop felating his gun barrel with a 4th elon thread? it's called punching up.

there's a lot they could learn from gbs, that's for sure.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i like that idea, but could we also post a lot of racist tweets from random nobodies that we (just happen to, i swear it's not intentional) find? you know, to raise awareness.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a year ago, a rogue AI tried to break up the forums

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

only people over 35 watch fargo

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The movie or the show

there's a movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

a thread where people can repeatedly mispell trumps name would be incredibly ftw

hit up the asian grocery today. hello to the gbs poster who works there.

Only registered members can see post attachments!