Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Roy's our boy!

Eliwood's our deli wood!

Alear's our dear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I really liked when Fire Emblem introduced class changing. They've always given you characters whose growths don't match their stats (lookin' at you, Moulder) and it's nice that they don't have to be dead weight anymore

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Obligatum VII posted:

Are well just forgetting The Best Knight here?

Wallace isn't in this game

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
He's cute and for some reason reminds me of Hector so...Hector

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'm finding it far more hilarious than I probably should to see "Adopt" used as an A Action

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Every time I see Clanne's portrait I think it's Fie from Trails of Cold Steel for just a second

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Can't wait until we get Roy's ring, which has the power of making you incredibly mediocre except you can OHKO the final boss because of reasons

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

FoolyCharged posted:

I swear, it's like some people pick their units based off of stats instead of just arbitrarily grabbing people based off of feels and dragging them to endgame come hell or high water

There's no need to come for my husband Wallace like that. He'd fight you if he had more than 14 strength

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Honestly, the level ups are half the fun of following a Fire Emblem LP. Didn't Artix have a Hector who just refused to gain strength?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Weeble posted:

If we're spending a bit of time to reminisce about older FE lp moments:

I will always have a fond spot for Axe Magnet Fir.

In regards to the randomness of levels and giving you blessed units:

Every time I've played Framme and Etié were among my best units.

I have absurd luck with knights.

Granted, I've only played the GBA and Radiance games, but I will never forget the Gillian who was determined to beat Sonic the Hedgehog in a race or the Gatrie who thought a level with less than 4 stats was a level wasted. There was also the Tana who somehow ended up with worse stats than Syrene, and the Nino who thought "Mage" meant "Tank" and just focused on her defense