Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
Engage is unapologetically cheesy, and there's a place for a story like that, especially coming off of the heavy themes of Three Houses. It's not my favorite game in the series, but it's got its charms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
Having come straight from Three Houses, with its more cynical plot and characters lying to the protagonist to achieve their own ends, my immediate reaction to all this outpouring of praise was, "Oh yeah, we're obviously getting Truman Show'd." So here I am for several chapters being like, "Yup, the other shoe's going to drop any second now. Any second now..."

Then it dawned on me that the story was being 100% serious.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
Boucheron (and Backup classes in general) will always be useful just for the extra damage that you can pile on with them, and I appreciate that the combat forecast factors them in. Saves the headache of having to remember if your Backups are actually in the right location to provide assistance.

Also, echoing the sentiment that, while Dragon Mom's death could be seen from a mile away, Alear's VAs still pour their hearts into the scene. They almost sell it on the performance alone.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
At this point, I don't see how another vote will actually make a difference, but you folks nailed the name right out of the gate. Here's another one for Marf :3.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
I'm actually quite fond of Jean since this game tends to weigh class bonuses a lot more than your typical FE game. You get him into a class like Berserker, and he's pulling in (30% * 2) STR growth on top of his base, which can end up making him a force to be reckoned with.

Although... yeah, getting him there might take a little bit of work.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Malah posted:

You can never have enough backups swordmasters in a FE LP. However, that kid looks pretty scrawny - we should feed him some meat and make him a General. :getin:

I second this motion, mostly because I want to see if they let him keep the hat.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.

Dance Officer posted:

Give both to Chloe, duh.

I really like this idea. They're mostly wasted on the folks lagging behind, so of the characters with a chance to make the cut, Chloe is the logical choice.

I think I agree that we're looking at Vander and Clanne heading to the bench at the minimum. The number of characters thrust at the player is such that it's pretty easy to just ditch anyone who's not shaping up and swap in a newbie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
Also, training battles can end up being entirely useless since the game will probably match your trainee up against folks who are an insurmountable challenge. Basically, the only way to make your low-level units competitive is to slap Micaiah's emblem on them and make them staffbots.

Man, I miss Bonus EXP.