Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Cythereal posted:

It's an interesting evolution. These kinds of characters have always hung around Fire Emblem, starting with Tiki, and Three Houses went so far as to make the protagonist an unwitting reincarnation of a goddess, but Engage is where they flat out made the PC into the setting's Sword Dragon Jesus and made it a major plot point that most of the cast literally pray to them.

I've heard worse excuses for Fire Emblem game overs than letting God die on your watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

God, I love that Lumera comes over to personally shiv you and beat it into your head that Engages make your units ridiculously strong. :allears:

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Real talk, using a character from the early game is largely down to if they turn out good quickly. Because you'll be forced to use them, like it or not, you really can't judge them by their growth rates alone.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Give Celica to Chloe, just because the idea of a flying mage is really funny to me for some reason. Also because we need to see how Engages affect fliers sooner rather than later.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

As an extra bonus, even once Yunaka eventually leaves Thief behind (if you want to keep her viable for the game's duration, it's inevitable), her personal skill will never stop being relevant. +15 Crit just for playing smart is something a lot of units in this game would kill for.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

CygnusX1018 posted:

Is this going to incorporate any of the DLC Emblems and/or Xenologues?

Artix has mentioned in the OP that he hasn't bought the DLC and doesn't plan to for this LP. Of course, all plans are subject to change at the planner's whim, but probably ask again in a couple months instead of fresh off chapter 6.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Honestly, the level ups are half the fun of following a Fire Emblem LP. Didn't Artix have a Hector who just refused to gain strength?

I remember the Lyn who gained exactly one point of defense over the course of the entire game, myself :v: Hector at least pulled up by the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Sometimes you have hideously blessed units, and sometimes Fire Emblem insists you make do. It's great.