Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

I can't believe you're actually going through with it. Godspeed you mad bastard.

Engage is probably the most middle of the road a Fire Emblem has been since FE8, and that leaves it in such a weird spot. The highs aren't as high as other games, but the lows also aren't as low, and I'd describe it as "Inoffensive" for most of the runtime. It'll be a treat to see other takes on it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

I really like how weird Engage can get with it's units. A lot of FE games have the issue of just handing you either the best unit in a class as the first one you get, or giving you no reason to use lategame units. Having some funky growths on the early ones means you may have more reason to shuffle them out as new units come in.

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

Gotta respect the heritage, that weird dog is Marf through and through.

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

At least this game has the decency to give you Jean early enough that he isn't a total liability while you get him built up. It's a nice change from the usual Ests showing up too late to really shine.