Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
He shall be :3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Artix posted:

The game automatically uses whatever weapon you have equipped, so you may want to tweak what you're using before you jump in, and it randomly picks an opponent from among the units in the army. It will try to pick someone appropriate for whichever character is training, but the further in the game we get, the more likely it is to just give up and either give you a literally unwinnable fight or make you fight, like...Framme. I got Vander for all three of my attempts, so none of them won and I didn't get any levels. :v:

So! From doing some experimenting, the character you fight in the arena is *not* random! When you go to the Somniel, who your opponent is has already been decided. If you pick, say, Alfred to fight, save, the next opponent you fight will always be the same regardless if pick Alfred again or not. The *one* exception is if you choose the pre-determined opponent: game decides Chloe is your opponent, you chose Chloe as your character, it will pick another character to replace her. It's really only noticeable if you're save scumming for support levels! :v: