Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Engage on release definitely hampered itself when it came to getting immersed with the characters. They are a fun group once you get to know them but it takes a bit too long for that to start really happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FoolyCharged posted:

I've got to love how everyone is gung ho to go fight some monsters with their god, and then Alear has a shocking moment of comment sense and says to leg it.

That was definitely the moment when I actually became interested in Alear as a character.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Artix posted:

We'll talk about this in Chapter 6(?) or so, but the short version is that the first wave of recruits that Engage gives you are almost all what I'm going to affectionately call "project" units. Most of them have some major flaw such that the replacements that we get in the second wave aren't just higher level and more ready to contribute, they're just outright better units, unless you've really committed to giving them levels and emblems. It's sort of similar to Radiant Dawn in that regard? Think of them like the Dawn Brigade.

It also doesn't help that there is at least one future recruit who is custom made for one of the top emblems and it would take an awful lot to justify not using them.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I know literally everyone saw this coming, but I gotta admit, this scene did touch me. Alear's voice actors (both versions) absolutely knock it out of the park.

You really should click the video link if you haven't seen the scene in action.

Both Alear's do a lot to carry the game with their performances.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

ah yeah, thanks; I had forgotten all about that and I was thinking of something else entirely.

still, Yunaka good and Micaiah Emblem good

More Yunaka great and Micaiah Emblem completely broken but we are still missing one vital piece.