Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

Byleth exists!

By's the guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

dotchan posted:

Man, I am getting such hard "babby's first fanfic" vibes out of the plot. We have our self-insert character who is literally worshipped by everyone else, and on top of being the incarnation of the world's divine savior what makes them special is that they can get astral-married to their husbando(s)/waifu(s) of choice and summon them back into the world a la Servants from Fate Stay Night. :allears:

I don't say any of this to knock on the writing, by the way. It's all very charming despite (or even because of) embarrassingly familiar plot beats and I keep finding myself with a great big grin plastered on my face.

The story works for me because it tells the story in a very sincere kind of way. It never does any kind of winking at the audience "haha, we know this is stupid" thing. It knows that it's a Saturday morning cartoon story and it tells that story very earnestly and that earns a lot of points from me.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

My Framme was the go to character for “I want to dance this character multiple times in one turn and absolutely annihilate something”.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Artix posted:

Speaking of the forge, let's really break the game open now. Exchange is exactly what it sounds like, letting us trade up and down the material scale at roughly a 9:1 ratio - someone will inevitably correct me on this, but it's something like 9 Iron to a Steel and 90 to a Silver.

The ratio is worse when you're trading up to a higher tier metal.
code:
1 silver > 9 steel
1 silver > 90 iron
1 steel  > 9 iron.

11 iron  > 1 steel
110 iron > 1 silver
11 steel > 1 silver
Also, I sorta like that Chloe's a human dumpster who eats anything no matter how awful it sounds. The fairy tale obsessed pretty lady, and her thing is "oh man, fried fish guts wrapped in pickled skin? I have to try it!"? It's offbeat enough that it works for me.

Khizan fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 18, 2024

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

NyoroEevee posted:

Chloé's birthday was last Saturday. With that in mind, I say give her Both Boosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

You are forgetting the most important optimizations. If you bench her for the other thief or the third knife wielder you leave your team desperately short on "Zappy" energy and find yourself without a "Hiya, papaya" in sight. This leaves your team under performing to a depressing degree.

:hmmyes: