Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
My teeth are kind of crooked because my family didn't have dental insurance when i was growing up cause we were too poor. I didn't even go to a dentist until i was like 20 years old. They could be worse but i have a snaggle tooth. I feel self conscious about it and I'm jealous of people with good teeth. I want braces but I'm kind of afraid of dental stuff and I don't know if i would do the needed maintenance since I already struggle to remember to floss. I've been lucky to only have a few cavities cause I really don't take the best care of my teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

got plenty to share but they aren’t going cheap. will take a few to sa mart if you’re interested, op

Tooth Fairy Dollar Store

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

TrashMammal posted:

got plenty to share but they aren’t going cheap. will take a few to sa mart if you’re interested, op

my "tooth guy" is real interested in that jar

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

In my post operation haze after I got my wisdom teeth taken out I yelled at the oral surgeon for not saving my teeth like I wanted. Gimme my teeth!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
When I had my wisdom teeth removed I threw up all over the place in the parking lot because fentanyl apparently doesn’t agree with me.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

It's no lie, I was once like you. I had a bunch of teeth. The future brought me no relief. I knew I had to give my teeth to someone else. Chewing food is how you eat. Please bring me all of your teeth.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

When I had my wisdom teeth removed I threw up all over the place in the parking lot because fentanyl apparently doesn’t agree with me.

I got Vicodin when I got my wisdom teeth out and they must have REALLY agreed with me because it kicked off a 10 year long opiate addiction. And I didnt even get to keep my teeth!

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Konar posted:

Yes the real ones have whole departments of staff dedicated to keeping you coming back for more fake cleanings/fillings/root canals

It's like actual medicine but they've dispensed with any illusions of helping humanity or science. Almost no countries have government provided dental care, even the ones that give out healthcare

You should see a dentist at least annually, it isn't a scam lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm working on replacing each one with an implant so in like 10000 years when they find my skull full of screws in my jaw they'll think I'm special. Or something!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I've lost all my own teeth but as a makeshift prosthetic I bought an elephant's molar from a dodgy flea market. It fills my entire mouth and makes living in society difficult.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
I've got a three screw dental bridge in place of my four upper front teeth (mtb facial trauma) and hoo boy is dental work tedious and tortuous. I'll never forget the flash of pain I felt when they stuck thick gauge needles through the hard sinewy poo poo in the roof of my mouth just to numb me up. Took four shots until I stopped weeping, from the pain of the shots.

Once that was done it was quite interesting feeling the tug and clinking of the dental tool ratchets slowly boring titanium tubes into my jaw bone. I felt like a meat car being worked on at a shop, lmao.

After wearing it for 7 years the screws snapped while eating fresh ciabatta the wrong way! That delicious mistake cost me roughly 1200 usd :-)
Luckily I have a non insane screw system called ankylose which is designed to snap and be easily replaced without invasive procedure, it's like replacing a very small, very stubborn screw instead of having to drill your bone out again (if that hasn't withered away due to bacteria..)

Seriously though

Don't neglect your dental hygiene, it will save you so much money and potential future suffering it's insane

Get a sonic toothbrush and use rubber intradental simulators every night, or a waterpik if you're hardcore.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Dixville posted:

My teeth are kind of crooked because my family didn't have dental insurance when i was growing up cause we were too poor. I didn't even go to a dentist until i was like 20 years old. They could be worse but i have a snaggle tooth. I feel self conscious about it and I'm jealous of people with good teeth. I want braces but I'm kind of afraid of dental stuff and I don't know if i would do the needed maintenance since I already struggle to remember to floss. I've been lucky to only have a few cavities cause I really don't take the best care of my teeth.

i know a couple people who did adult braces. it was invisalign which is pretty expensive, but unless someone really scrutinizes your teeth they won't be able to tell you have it. from what they said, the only maintenance was cleaning out the insert that you wore each day, and making sure you didn't lose it when you took it out to eat. they mail you new inserts every few weeks, but otherwise the stuff they attach to your teeth is just glued on the whole time until they take it off at the end.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Bad Purchase posted:

i know a couple people who did adult braces. it was invisalign which is pretty expensive, but unless someone really scrutinizes your teeth they won't be able to tell you have it. from what they said, the only maintenance was cleaning out the insert that you wore each day, and making sure you didn't lose it when you took it out to eat. they mail you new inserts every few weeks, but otherwise the stuff they attach to your teeth is just glued on the whole time until they take it off at the end.

They did wonders for our beloved Jay Bauman of RLM fame :)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

AEMINAL posted:

I've got a three screw dental bridge in place of my four upper front teeth (mtb facial trauma) and hoo boy is dental work tedious and tortuous. I'll never forget the flash of pain I felt when they stuck thick gauge needles through the hard sinewy poo poo in the roof of my mouth just to numb me up. Took four shots until I stopped weeping, from the pain of the shots.

Once that was done it was quite interesting feeling the tug and clinking of the dental tool ratchets slowly boring titanium tubes into my jaw bone. I felt like a meat car being worked on at a shop, lmao.

lol thanks for vividly describing my near future. I can feel the vibrations already. In many ways it's the vibrations I hate worse than the actual pain.

Congrats on surviving all that. How's things today?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

You got any buyers on those spent teeth, yet, redshirt?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

You got any buyers on those spent teeth, yet, redshirt?

I'm waitin till the market goes up....

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

I'm waitin till the market goes up....

My "teeth guy" is definitely interested, and he has a free schedule these days.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

My "teeth guy" is definitely interested, and he has a free schedule these days.

lol tell him to talk to my local Dental Boss

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

lol tell him to talk to my local Dental Boss

Tell your Dental Boss they're getting a call from a man who "coulda been the Attornuh Gen'rul of Texas" very soon.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

Dixville posted:

Got Any Teeth?

Less and less each year.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

AEMINAL posted:

... titanium... I felt like a meat car being worked on at a shop, lmao.

Seriously though

Don't neglect your dental hygiene, it will save you so much money and potential future suffering it's insane

Get a sonic toothbrush and use rubber intradental simulators every night, or a Water Pik if you're hardcore.

My teeth were hosed. Like a horror movie in real life kinda hosed. I would think about my teeth constantly with despair. The dentist was a bottomless pit of money and my teeth still looked hosed. I couldn't chew food very well. I only smiled with my lips closed.

gently caress that.

Now my teeth look like this.

I am relearning how to smile and show my teeth.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Blow posted:

My teeth were hosed. Like a horror movie in real life kinda hosed. I would think about my teeth constantly with despair. The dentist was a bottomless pit of money and my teeth still looked hosed. I couldn't chew food very well. I only smiled with my lips closed.

gently caress that.

Congrats

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
Brother, can you spare a little floss?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Harry_Potato posted:

Brother, can you spare a little floss?

TEETH MAN!!!

COME AND TAKE ME BY THE HAND

*Drums

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

500excf type r posted:

You should see a dentist at least annually, it isn't a scam lol

What are you, some kinda dentist??

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

As a youth, my parents were very good about getting me to the dentist regularly. As an adult I skipped like 6-7 years and went back finally after both having dental insurance for the first time in a long time and having some mouth feels stuff change. I had three cavities but otherwise was doing ok. Still have all my wisdom teeth even. Too bad, I really like Vicodin.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Jeza posted:

What are you, some kinda dentist??

More likely some sort of lazy stalker.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Les Os posted:

How many teeth do you have? Describe them to me. Do you have cavities? Do you have other peoples teeth in your mouth

32 I think. Got my wisdom teeth removed

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

redshirt posted:

lol thanks for vividly describing my near future. I can feel the vibrations already. In many ways it's the vibrations I hate worse than the actual pain.

Congrats on surviving all that. How's things today?

Quite well! I eat bread very carefully these days, haha.

If anything my smile looks nicer than it used to :grin:

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Blow posted:

gently caress that.

Jesus, how'd you let it get that bad?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AEMINAL posted:

I think they might be lying to you

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Lol drat I got owned

You never know with goons

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

We need to elect Vermin Supreme and his pro-tooth agenda

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AEMINAL posted:

Lol drat I got owned

You never know with goons

loving losers with weird teeth

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Looking for a financial bite to help with bills? Take out a lien on your teeth with us, get the immediate cash flow for a bigger smile! Don't just grin and bear it; invest in your smile today!

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

AEMINAL posted:

Coca-Cola. Neglect. Fear of the dentist and the associated pain.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Yeah nah mate. You think wrong. I posted a pic post surgery with my temporary teeth (that glowed) in the GBS selfie thread.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd just take a few teeth from the jug and chew on em for awhile till the hog truck came through....

*spits

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blow posted:

Coca-Cola. Neglect. Fear of the dentist and the associated pain.

Yeah nah mate. You think wrong. I posted a pic post surgery with my temporary teeth (that glowed) in the GBS selfie thread.

ok cool. I'm not allowed to post in the selfie thread

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

I'd just take a few teeth from the jug and chew on em for awhile till the hog truck came through....

*spits

my "teeth guy" isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but that's what happens when you raise a boy on a diet of teeth. You can't raise no boy on teeth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackmore
Dec 28, 2012

Catch the Rainbow
I got a tooth on the bottom left pulled out some years ago. Doesn't really bother me anymore except when I eat a chip and and it shifts to that side and pokes the gum. Kinda like that Infraggable Krunk scene but maybe less harrowing.

Anyway sorry I can't give it to you OP it's been gone for a while.