Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

my "teeth guy" isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but that's what happens when you raise a boy on a diet of teeth. You can't raise no boy on teeth!

Should get uself a bettah teeth guy a'd thank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

Should get uself a bettah teeth guy a'd thank?

He's done gone the best teeth guy If'n I ever done seen. You y'all may think he's slow, but you give him a gander yon some teeth and he'll tell you every story 'bout every nook and cranny.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Nice try, OP, but I ain't setting myself to get tooth jacked.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Buddy I have all the teeth, even the wise ones the dentists don't want to let you keep. They're pretty good I guess, I smoked for 16 years and I like black coffee so I've been combating a little discoloration but my teeth are strong and will prevail.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Remember the space ghost episode with Bizzaro Santa from the Electroid Dimensionaaaahhhh who was pretending to be the tooth fairy but only wanted teeth what to make toys from

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol tooth fairy is such a concept. Hey kids, hide this former part of your body under a pillow for some fairy to collect and pay you for it.

Don't bother wondering what she's doing with all the teeth....

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Have 30 left. Had one side of Wisdoms removed because they were super impacted.

Other then that, my teeth are pretty great. Floss and brush folks!

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Found this at the far end of Police Lake just north of the Montana/Alberta border in 2020 in about 1ft of water.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The standard amount minus wisdoms, minus 1/2 front tooth

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

There was a stint, I wanna say it was 3-4 months but coulda cracked 6, where I was brushing my teeth by hand. I'd squeeze some paste out onto my finger and grind at the gums and chompers like mad. What do you want me to do, dog got my toothbrush and chewed it to death. And I put it off for so long cause my ex always said, you don't actually need a toothbrush to clean your teeth, only toothpaste, and I loved her. So I trusted her. Anyway long story short she actually said it the other way around and to answer your question. No.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Two theories as I was peeing about people's nightmares about their teeth:

1 We all go through the process of losing them as children. The strange sensation of a tooth dangling in your gums...

2 Our gums are exposed body. It's the only place. The most sensitive place. Dreams will relate to this...

*taps pipe

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

But have y'all ever done gone 'n eat a doggone tooth? Lest he cast the first tooth, suh

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
*riding down mainstreet leading my horse and cart, ringing my bell*

Bring our yer teeth! Bring out yer teeth!

redshirt posted:

1 We all go through the process of losing them as children. The strange sensation of a tooth dangling in your gums...

2 Our gums are exposed body. It's the only place. The most sensitive place. Dreams will relate to this...

*taps pipe

It's an anxiety dream that likely pre-dates being human. An animal that loses its teeth dies.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

ok cool. I'm not allowed to post in the selfie thread

The punchable face thread reminded me of this post

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

500excf type r posted:

The punchable face thread reminded me of this post

glad I could help

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Implants are expensive, and I keep losing teeth in financially inefficient places. As soon as I lose my lower right 5 I'll have a 5-8 bridge there since I miss my 6,7 and 8 currently. Also missing my upper left 7 and upper right 5. My lower left 6 and 7 and upper right 4 are implants. So irt, not as many as most people.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I face planted into concrete on NYE one year and broke off half my front tooth. I got lucky because the root didn’t get exposed. My dentist ultimate made a giant rear end filling and colored and shaped it perfectly. It was a “temporary” solution that ended up lasting 10 years. He was so proud of that work that my before and after pictures were featured on his website and in the lobby for years.

Eventually the thing fell off and now I have just a boring ol crown

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

one of my giant rear end front teeth has a hairline crack in the enamel because one time my ex and I were doing some stuff and I went in hard for a kiss and hit her tooth with mine and my face bounced and i heard ringing in my ear

I didn't notice the crack for like 3 days and then I was like "is that... no... wait... is it?" and my dentist confirmed from that story, yes, yes it is a crack from that

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

one of my giant rear end front teeth has a hairline crack in the enamel because one time my ex and I were doing some stuff and I went in hard for a kiss and hit her tooth with mine and my face bounced and i heard ringing in my ear

I didn't notice the crack for like 3 days and then I was like "is that... no... wait... is it?" and my dentist confirmed from that story, yes, yes it is a crack from that

you broke a tooth by kissing your girl? What a dork!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you broke a tooth by kissing your girl? What a dork!

let's say it was a passionate kiss

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

let's say it was a passionate kiss

I get it. I have clacked teeth with someone special before

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Poor dental health is linked to alzheimers apparently.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41415-022-5136-3

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Poohs Packin posted:

Poor dental health is linked to alzheimers apparently.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41415-022-5136-3

I am glad that you brought this to my attention.
Please don't remind me of it

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

On one hand i care about my fellow goon and want them to have healthy teeth and brains.

On the other hand "GBS but with dementia" could be entertaining.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Poohs Packin posted:

On one hand i care about my fellow goon and want them to have healthy teeth and brains.

Oh god could you imagine it would be everything repeating in a loop, the same posts, the same arguments, over and over.

Wait...

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Poohs Packin posted:

Could be?
What am I chopped liver?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*turns chair around and gets serious

For real though, in so many ways, dental health is your health. Don't ignore it. That our healthcare system makes them different things is insane.

People die all the time from dental issues, so take care of your mouth the best you can with brushing/flossing, and getting checked out somewhat regularly by a dentist.

- little side anecdote: the actor who played Lorne on the show Angel died from a dental infection. When I heard this many years ago it hit me that your mouth isn't just some set of chompers. RIP to Andy Hallet.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i recommend replacing toothpaste with pliers

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

cumpantry posted:

i recommend replacing toothpaste with pliers

I've long contemplated preemptive removal of all the teeth, replacement with a cool implant grill of the team and/or brand of your choice

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

redshirt posted:

I've long contemplated preemptive removal of all the teeth, replacement with a cool implant grill of the team and/or brand of your choice

That's exactly what I did, although I'm not into team sports or corporate branding so I went Cyborg White.

When I smile now, I quickly analyse the brightest light source around and reflect it from my teeth into people's retinas.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

one hosed up tooht that cracked vertically after a root canal and hosed up my whole drat jaw

a poster in dentist office of "rocks" that 100% look like a pile of discarded teeth

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I got a line on some seal tusks, go big or go home I say.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

By popular demand posted:

I got a line on some seal tusks, go big or go home I say.

That's way too much.

Cyberpunk says Doberman Canines.

Always an option for me now.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

redshirt posted:

*taps pipe

One thing I think about when I'm peeing, "Why don't this assshat quit dreaming and pissing on my feet".

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

redshirt posted:

Play Doh

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Wasn’t there a politician recently (within the last few years) where he was giving a press conference or speech and his tooth fell out mid speech and he swallowed it?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Every kid loves the Dentist!

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Hey you, lurker
Google image search for 'child teeth skeleton'

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Some Corbin Bernsen cosplay going on here:

quote:

According to the suit, Molldrem performed more than 30 procedures on Wilson in a single July 2020 visit, doing eight crowns, four root canals and 20 fillings in one go. The lawsuit alleges that the dentist "perform[ed] this work improperly," resulting in pain and suffering, embarrassment, emotional distress, and disfigurement.
Molldrem was likewise accused of using improper levels of anesthesia during the procedures and falsifying medical records to cover it up.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/12/28/minnesota-woman-sues-dentist/72050466007/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Wasn’t there a politician recently (within the last few years) where he was giving a press conference or speech and his tooth fell out mid speech and he swallowed it?

Are you thinking of ted cruz's booger? Or does this happen so often that it's possible to mix these incidents up.