Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Friends, I am depleted and quite frankly relieved to announce The Weekend.

https://i.imgur.com/0r6d7eo.mp4

It's been a drag of a week and get to shovel my driveway after I post this thread. Looking forward to grilling steaks in the snow because I'm a big idiot that didn't get them in advance. :)

Tomorrow is going to be a lazy day to recover from all the stupid poo poo this week threw my way. Sunday is D&D with the friends and should be a hoot.

What adventures await your weekends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

weekend!!

gettin nails & hair done tomorrow :sparkles: after that idk. getting snowed in again Sunday, in theory :mad:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the weekend!

i'll be gone all weekend doing social obligations, so not much of one for me. might make it home before dinner time on sunday

hope everyone else will be having fun!

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i'm going to spend as much time as possible playing horizon forbidden west

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

dioxazine posted:

hope everyone else will be having fun!

i won't! i'll finally be doing my taxes!

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Elder Postsman posted:

i'm going to spend as much time as possible playing horizon forbidden west

this is a very good plan

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

right now i am waiting for the ferry. it is going to be at least 45 minutes late, which sucks.

BUT. when i get home, it's off to BOOM! PRO WRESTLING, where i'm going to watch such local faves as Big Cat Scott Henderson, "Uncle Daddy" Tony Baroni, and Abraham Lincoln duke it out

then tomorrow i have to go to the bank

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
hello weekend!!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
nobody but the weekend read this:

hello.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
drinking for the first time in three months and honestly i'm fine with it. last week was pretty good. i got stuff done that i've been meaning to do for years at this point. hoping it pays off in the future. i'll probably go to some outdoors adventure expo thingamajig tomorrow or the day after that. hoping to meet people or find orgs that might give me a friendly kick in the rear end to do more of the stuff i actually like this year

now if only i could find a way to pay the bills which i don't hate with every fiber of my being. ah, but this is the thread about not giving a gently caress about that, so who cares. that's a weekday problem

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
got through the snow to my 5:30 dr. appt. ok, uh nothing really planned other than MotoGP Sunday. probably try a stab at my taxes tomorrow? dunno. gonna watch some cartoons tonight.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

well-read undead posted:

i won't! i'll finally be doing my taxes!

in civilised places, your government already did the taxes for you

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

dioxazine posted:

in civilised places, your government already did the taxes for you

nowhere i go is civilized

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
oh hell that reminds me this is the first time in like a decade i started doing my taxes before the last minute. and not just the "fill in forms with data imported from the same agency you're gonna be sending those forms to" part; i mean the "optimize medical expense claims over a sliding one year window contained within the past two tax years which could be automated by a cs junior without trouble but which you still have to compute by hand because reasons but which is still infinitely preferable to dealing with private insurance in the us" part. i'd be done if it wasn't for the fact that i haven't received some of the tax slips i need

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

aw man let’s please not be a bummer about taxes.

I get it, please do your taxes if possible, or please report to cjs thread :shobon:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gah i need this weekend. going to see otoboke beaver at the 930 club on sunday, not sure about tomorrow since it's going to be pissing down rain midnight until noon. i'm probably legally prohibited from working in two and a half hours anyway, friday night motherfuckers!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
this is the first weekend with no engagements or civil poo poo to take care of in like 5 weeks and i am going to proper gently caress off. its going to be cold and rainy and cloudy all weekend and its gonna be perfect for doing that

got another mega millions for the draw tonight because i keep not winning :mad:

the pjs are on and the heat is too

and i already took a nap

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZD8HKVKneI

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

well-read undead posted:

nowhere i go is civilized

have you considered..a world on the rim?

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

dioxazine posted:

have you considered..a world on the rim?

good point. you can't pay taxes in rimworld

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

motoGP saturday and sunday :neckbeard:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

sheds gettin wet >:(

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://youtu.be/4zq2f6k-ELY?si=lR-6pJ2-qlPQIPa9

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
went out for once and got Mexican for dinner last night. every child was pleasant and well behaved so that was a huge win.

today will probably be spent working in the yard. I have some cleanup to do now that the patio remodel is almost finished. If I get ambitious, might run to Lowe’s and pick up what I need to starting laying out the pavers for the grill pad.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

mostly learning to texture paint, which is a lot like learning to paint in general

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

the gently caress, why am i up at 6:30

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Ciaphas posted:

the gently caress, why am i up at 6:30

It's only 5:30. What took you so long?

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

woke up around 6 cdt, finished a book I’ve been reading, time to start on the next one in the series I guess

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
banger

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

it is march madness I am gonna watch so much women’s basketball

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

the bloody gaze

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
hmm, think I have a hole in my boot somewhere

*sticks bike light down the toes*

yep

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

wrestling was great, although I don't like the venue. usually it happens at the legion ballroom; this was at a big hall at the university. so of course the university piled on all kinds of restrictions like "beers must be at least $6", "everyone has to get the gently caress out by 9," and "the lights must be cranked up to at least the brightness of the sun."

anyway today i'm considering how much friggin furniture i have to get together once this townhouse purchase goes through. going from 600sqft 1-bed to 1600sqft 3-bed, so it's a lot

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I'm having a really hard time getting my head into game programming this weekend :negative:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Truman Peyote posted:

anyway today i'm considering how much friggin furniture i have to get together once this townhouse purchase goes through. going from 600sqft 1-bed to 1600sqft 3-bed, so it's a lot

it is 100% okay to not fill that motherfucker up as soon as you move in, leaving some empty space for a couple of months as you decide to use it for office, hobby room, guest room, nursery, etc is a good idea. don't feel like you have to accept all the stuff people offer you either, they may be nice pieces but if they don't work for what you want you have to get rid of them yourself now.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Today (Saturday) I was meant to do an early gym and then go take a look around town in the sales. Woke up at 9am, was absolutely not feeling it and decided after the long week I've just had it was time for a 'zero day'.

In bed til 6:30pm, and I don't even feel bad about it.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Midjack posted:

it is 100% okay to not fill that motherfucker up as soon as you move in, leaving some empty space for a couple of months as you decide to use it for office, hobby room, guest room, nursery, etc is a good idea. don't feel like you have to accept all the stuff people offer you either, they may be nice pieces but if they don't work for what you want you have to get rid of them yourself now.

this is good advice, thanks. my wife and i are generally agreed that we don't like to own a lot of poo poo, so hopefully that impulse will make it easy. we're gonna need to furnish the guest suite if we ever want to see our friends again though

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

we got hawks swooping down at our chickens now so i'm setting up a camera in the backyard so idk, maybe we can watch out for them or have motion detection or something. also gonna make my kid take apart a hard drive and turn the platters in to shiny hawk deterrents.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

i’m going to wake up early today then take a bunch of naps through the afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

flashed all around the base and got the walls up on the shed, got a lovely tarp roof up, hope it survives the wind & rain tonight. Tomorrow ima get the roof on. Gotta find my goddamn ladder, idk where the gently caress it is