Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

quote:

Threescore wasted, ten cast aside
Four-fold knowing, no end in sight

threescore (levels) wasted; the 1-60 spent going through heavensward working under false assumptions about what you are (warrior of light or warrior of darkness?), how the world works, what ascian plans are etc, and ten (60-70) cast aside as you leave stormblood behind for this. despite four-fold knowing--tank/healer/physical/magical, (mechanics) the categories that job quests follow now--there is no end in sight. you haven't really solved anything yet.

this isn't the first time songs have given a poke at what's going on for the player. think back to alexander:

quote:

Twenty-two sectors tested
Fragments in one direction
Celestial noise detected
Delirium unsuspected

as of 3.0 there were 22 jobs available, counting crafters and gatherers. the three newest additions shoot fragments (bullets) in a direction, detect celestial noise, and fall unsuspected to delirium

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Chillgamesh posted:

I am rapidly oscillating between “No shot”, “I hate this”, and “I love this”

the locus part was thrown around during HW itself, but not nearly as many people believe the shadowbringers part i think

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

There's obviously a lot more about the song that will hit you if you keep it in mind as you go through MSQ that we're all excitedly holding back, but I also still think it holds nothing to Answers recontextualizing itself every single expansion.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

people brought up the gremlins being from older dungeons--and specifically showing up in amdapor, to drive home that kuribu is here--but the other missing relevant detail here is that they're voidsent. a very strange thing to have on the world opposite the void

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

One thing to remember is that because this is a game the fortunetellers can in fact predict the future and write cryptic hints that are appropriate for your position in the MSQ if they wanted to. I don't think they go to those lengths for a little fun thing seasonal event, but they totally can.

There are definitely a couple fortunes there that are clearly written towards Endwalker in this regard.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

ARDBERT IS ARCHER IN JAPANESE?! I think I need to lie down...

there are some extremely funny on-the-nose castings in japanese. gaius is (solid/naked/punished/any other) snake. lahabrea is char aznable.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Valentin posted:

this is one of my favorite character decisions i've ever heard. somehow playing default maleshep soldier is an incredibly funny choice in ffxiv, and fantasia'ing to be closer to the real thing is so clutch honestly. i hope being john videogames is a great time

a friend of mine cosplays thancred ingame but since you can't actually name your character identically to any of the scions (try it sometime, it doesn't let you) he settled on Forgiven Lahabrea, which is a joke i can finally post in this thread

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

I mainly figured you just got caught up in it and ended up doing the whole 5.0 story then backfilling later. For the live/current player that’s definitely how we’re used to it around expansion time

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

orcane posted:

I think it just wasn't a priority at all - Dulia's dialogue is there to make sure people know they can return (if they have their own reasons to go back), but they're not really supposed to and the locked aetheryte and lack of anything changing or happening in Eulmore emphasizes that.

The end of ARR is different, a lot of the game still happened in and around Ul'dah and in Mor Dhona so it made sense to provide context for why you could still do your business despite the Crystal Braves everywhere.

this is the biggest thing. the worldstate after the banquet lasted a few months real time and occupied highly populated areas, the worldstate post 71 but pre 80 is expected to last no more than a week real time, if not a couple days and occupies an area that would still be filling in with population at intended release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

shinryu was also presumably a stab at the source calamity to coincide with the first being consumed