Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

032324 posted:

i'm currently playing One Man Island

You have been targeted for termination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mar 23, 2024
You have been targeted for insemination.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

You have been targeted for termination.

I try to stop this guy sometimes, but he is on a mission

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bonzo posted:

Terminator OST is the best thing about the movie.

And that T2 playset looks rad. I miss when toy companies use to just make poo poo up but still seems like it could be a plot to a Terminator movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FErhk4kSMkI

Credit where it’s due, I’m pretty sure the playset is based on the (:krad:) teaser trailer for T2, which is still one of the best teaser trailers of all time:

https://youtu.be/WqHDPHfZVug?si=QaMU4KUVk2E3HQAK

Mar 23, 2024

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I try to stop this guy sometimes, but he is on a mission

*has no idea that this guy is bigger than the Worker*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

032324 posted:

*has no idea that this guy is bigger than the Worker*

Wow, what's that about?

Mar 23, 2024

redshirt posted:

Wow, what's that about?

A Very Expensive Human Shield

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Wow, what's that about?

are you the worker?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

032324 posted:

A Very Expensive Human Shield

Shielding whom from what?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Xenomrph posted:

Credit where it’s due, I’m pretty sure the playset is based on the (:krad:) teaser trailer for T2, which is still one of the best teaser trailers of all time:

https://youtu.be/WqHDPHfZVug?si=QaMU4KUVk2E3HQAK

you're the best.

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gRphweZ7U

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

favorite pretara song

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
da da dun da dun

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

RIP to Traxler and Vukovich. Who were probably dirty cops but god drat did they step up to help Sarah. The whole precinct really.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sarah sleeping on that nasty rear end police couch

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

This thread reminded me that the amazing Robocop Rap existed. Have not heard that in years.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Aishlinn posted:

and the worst is the terminator 2 game for the snes. good LORD is it bad.

Atari's Terminator: The War Against The Machines is the worst Terminator game by a wide margin. Bad graphics, nonexistent level design, wildly unbalanced gameplay, just a litany of failure. Example: the TechCom basic trooper had an underslung grenade launcher as an alt-fire option. It had six rounds of ammo, so you'd just murk 6 people and go and get more ammo. Repeat.

Completely dead MP at launch. I appreciate shooting at bots in a Terminator-themed FPS, but those things were the worst, you'd be the only human on a server and just be bored to tears.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

There was a good Terminator game i played on the GameCube forgot the name

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If a theoretical Terminator were after me I would simply say no, I don't accept this.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

redshirt posted:

If a theoretical Terminator were after me I would simply say no, I don't accept this.

Do the "bobby droptables" name change

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ever since the terminator came out i made sure my number was not listed in the white pages, just in case!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Your foster parents are dead.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

ever since the terminator came out i made sure my number was not listed in the white pages, just in case!

They're shooting at the cans!!

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Where do Kromium and Cyber-Grip figure in the Terminator lore?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Archer666 posted:

Where do Kromium and Cyber-Grip figure in the Terminator lore?

I have both of those figures, and they are cool and good.

I would have convinced the author of the Terminator RPG to include them in some kind of supplement but he is no longer working on that project, so oh well.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

mllaneza posted:

Atari's Terminator: The War Against The Machines is the worst Terminator game by a wide margin.

Absolutely not. I refer you to the game I'm still so angry about 32 years later I posted about it on the first page of this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST7_WqSlQJI

The video is 11 minutes long, and contains the full game. That includes a restart after a game over 3 minutes in. There's almost no sound effects and music for the whole game, three of the levels are identical, there's a sliding puzzle which is what every kid wants in an action adventure movie adaptation, and your reward for winning is a screen of text. I won't call it the worst licensed game of all time, but it's got to be top five at least. One of those games where when playing it, you do so horrified that it's that bad and hoping the next level will be better in some way... aand nope, it's some cops playing peekaboo over a brick wall while you shoot orange twinkly balls at them.

I had to look up a video of the game you mentioned, and it's peak 2003 crappy FPS gameplay. At least you can move around and shoot a gun, which is guaranteed to keep you amused for more than 8 minutes.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
My favorite episode of TSCC was "Self Made Man", partly because it did the "Terminator arrives in different period" approach.

Sent to assassinate the governor of California at a hotel in 2009, the Terminator accidentally lands in a speakeasy in the twenties. In the process, he also unwittingly kills the guy who would have built the hotel.

So, the Terminator starts a construction business empire in order to ensure the hotel will still be there in the future. The people of the thirties hate him for his egalitarian hiring policies, and find it unusual that he joins in on the work sites himself.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
RE: Terminator games

I think that the Alien: Isolation template would make a good framework for a game. Make use of the hiding, stealth, delay and crafting mechanics where you're trying to cobble together enough poo poo just to slow it down. Perhaps add some chase scenes and maybe a co-op mode.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Your foster parents are dead.

Technocrat posted:

My favorite episode of TSCC was "Self Made Man", partly because it did the "Terminator arrives in different period" approach.

Sent to assassinate the governor of California at a hotel in 2009, the Terminator accidentally lands in a speakeasy in the twenties. In the process, he also unwittingly kills the guy who would have built the hotel.

So, the Terminator starts a construction business empire in order to ensure the hotel will still be there in the future. The people of the thirties hate him for his egalitarian hiring policies, and find it unusual that he joins in on the work sites himself.

Is this the one that had a special tiny room built for him in the target building, powers down for a while, then Kook-Aid Man’s his way through the wall and wrecks his target out of loving nowhere?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ngl, the idea of Skynet just sending hordes of terminators to kill people all the time ruins the concept. You short-changed Skynet when she was buying Snickers at the gas station? Terminator on your granddad. You were late with the takeout to the Cyberdyne building? Your mom is terminated. Late on rent? You bet your uncle's on the termination list.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Did they ever explain why Skynet just didn't go back to the 1885 Wild West and assassinate the Sarah Conner's great (x4) grand mother?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Ngl, the idea of Skynet just sending hordes of terminators to kill people all the time ruins the concept. You short-changed Skynet when she was buying Snickers at the gas station? Terminator on your granddad. You were late with the takeout to the Cyberdyne building? Your mom is terminated. Late on rent? You bet your uncle's on the termination list.

Agreed. But the entire premise of the movie is built on time travel, so.....

It worked well enough in the original, but as you have more and more sequels....

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Bonzo posted:

Did they ever explain why Skynet just didn't go back to the 1885 Wild West and assassinate the Sarah Conner's great (x4) grand mother?

Yes actually. Pre Judgement day records are spotty. It didn't have a full genealogy to work from.

It had had a name and a city and the infiltrator unit had to work from the phone book.

There was a clever bit in the novelization where the Terminator was doing a necropsy on every victim looking for a surgical pin in each Sarah's leg to confirm the kill because it did have partial medical records. Irony/paradox being it was from an injury sustained in the factory fight.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
If only there was a way to go back and access those records before they were destroyed. Hmmmmmm

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bonzo posted:

Something something it's not able to travel back that far probably.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

the sequels gently caress it up but it's pretty clean in the canon of the original: skynet was dicking around with experimental time travel and was able to send one (1) terminator as a last ditch desperation play when it's defense grid was smashed by the stupid apes and they were on the final march to the robofuherbunker.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Bonzo posted:

Because it might also kill the ancestors of its creators.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

BiggerBoat posted:

RE: Terminator games

I think that the Alien: Isolation template would make a good framework for a game. Make use of the hiding, stealth, delay and crafting mechanics where you're trying to cobble together enough poo poo just to slow it down. Perhaps add some chase scenes and maybe a co-op mode.

“Isolation” should have been a franchise using different IP’s similar to what is happening with those small online multiplayer games (Friday the 13th,chainsaw massacre,ghostbusters etc etc)

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

It wasn’t until I was older when I realized that John’s foster mom was Vasquez. As a brown kid watching Aliens, I always assumed she was brown like me because she played the role just like my take-no-poo poo tías would lol.

Jenette Goldstein is an incredible actress.

I also lol’ed at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOAceLkPfzo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bonzo posted:

If only there was a way to go back and access those records before they were destroyed. Hmmmmmm

Terminator goes back in time, gets progressively more frustrated as everybody he comes across and kills is also a terminator, each on an increasingly more obscure fact finding mission. One was sent to compile a list of Sarah Connors dentist appointments, another is looking into her taxes etc