Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

david_a posted:

The suit was actually over a different Outer Limits episode called Soldier.

The bit with Reese and the criminal psychologist was almost entirely lifted from that episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Android Apocalypse posted:

Back in college for a comics writing class, I wrote a pitch idea for a Terminator story where Skynet learns that Kyle Reese is the father and starts sending Terminators back in time to end that bloodline.

One such mission has the Resistance sending a guy back to 1943, where we find out one of Reese's ancestors was a guard at Dachau (and a particularly nasty one to boot). I liked the idea of the moral dilemma where Reese's lineage came from something pretty horrible, but the future of humanity seemed that this shitheel needed to survive.

My professor gave me a B, but said "Dark Horse isn't going to take a solicitation for a licensed property."

I'd add another twist in that "Reese's ancestor" is killed and the camp in such shambles that a camp victim takes his uniform and assumes his identity to lead other survivors to freedom across the Swiss frontier, surrenders to American allies, or something.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Owlbear Camus posted:

Apparently we were very close to having an actual actor in the part, but alas

Imagine getting Christian Bale for Connor back in T2.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

That and when you really get into it, Skynet just isn’t that smart. It had a massive first-strike advantage and then spent the rest of the war developing increasingly impractical ways to hunt down individual humans instead of making, like, nerve gas and just gassing the entire planet.

Say what you can about the Machines in The Matrix, but they at least had the intelligence to use biowarfare to break human resistance after they got them on the ropes. If they can make a biological agent, they can probably cure it, too, so if you want to get cured, just accept the implants and hop into the tube, coppertop.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Quote-Unquote posted:

Dick Miller was great in everything, even when he's only in one scene (like Terminator and Chopping Mall)

He played the everyman character of Walter Paisley in Roger Corman's Bucket Of Blood and nine other films, probably more if his character didn't officially had a name. He might not be credited as such, but the pawn shop clerk in Terminator is Walter Paisley (especially given that Miller-as-Paisley sells silver bullets from his Hollywood occult store in The Howling a couple years before)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

redshirt posted:

How many people did The Terminator kill in the first movie?

There's the first Sarah, and the second (implied), there's Sarah's roommate and her awesome boyfriend.
There's the gun store owner.
There's 10-15 LA Cops
Who am I missing?

Bill Paxton, Brian Thompson, and maybe the other punk who donates his jacket to the Terminator.
The lady standing between Sarah and the Terminator when he shoots his Uzi.
Sarah's mom offscreen.
A truck driver he punches in the heart, believed dead. Maybe the co-driver who he makes jump from a moving semi (debatable)
Kyle Reese.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

redshirt posted:

Yeah how many did he kill in Tech Noir?

At least three I can see on screen: a guy in front of Reese near the bar that eats the Terminator's burst full-on, then two ladies that are running out the door with Sarah that take the shots when he tries to mow her down. Sarah has to crawl out from under one of their bodies.

I am pretty sure the cop that arrives at the scene has his ribs crushed into paste by the car door and skull bashed in when Terminator commandeers his squad car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Big Bizness posted:

Watched T2 again the other night and noticed that the T1000 has grown a third arm in the helicopter chase scene in order to reload his gun and fly the chopper at the same time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQH7wnwBxYw @ 1:57

After you see it, you can't help but notice that he's got an extra hand in the following shots. Like the profile shot of the T1000 where he's firing the gun outside of the windshield, you notice he has two right hands.