Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Aishlinn posted:

and the worst is the terminator 2 game for the snes. good LORD is it bad.

Atari's Terminator: The War Against The Machines is the worst Terminator game by a wide margin. Bad graphics, nonexistent level design, wildly unbalanced gameplay, just a litany of failure. Example: the TechCom basic trooper had an underslung grenade launcher as an alt-fire option. It had six rounds of ammo, so you'd just murk 6 people and go and get more ammo. Repeat.

Completely dead MP at launch. I appreciate shooting at bots in a Terminator-themed FPS, but those things were the worst, you'd be the only human on a server and just be bored to tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Parkingtigers posted:

Absolutely not. I refer you to the game I'm still so angry about 32 years later I posted about it on the first page of this thread:

I stand corrected, that game is hot, sweaty garbage.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

What did they steal?

The idea of time traveling murder robots. Specifically from the short story "Demon with a glass hand".

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

david_a posted:

The suit was actually over a different Outer Limits episode called Soldier.

it's a good thing I have my memory core set to read/write.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

YoursTruly posted:

It's weird how much more relatable the adult characters are now, watching them try to rationalize and downplay the severity of the situation. When watching this movie as a kid, Kyle Reese seemed like such a grown up, badass soldier. Now watching it and realizing I'm older than his character, he just looks like a terrified kid who missed out on a healthy childhood. :smith:

Sarah is about the same age. They grow up so fast.

One of my very favorite scenes in T:SCC is when John is bummed out about nothing happening for his birthday, so Derek takes him to the park and buys him ice cream. They sit on a bench for a while and then Derek says "See that kid over there, can't throw a ball to save his life? That's your father."

That's good writing right there.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

but did she have to turn into a urinal?

I'ma go with no, but it sounded good in the writer's room so they went for it.

The writer's strike is why we got a short first season. The bad stretch was a super experimental psychological study that really, really didn't pay off. It was only 3-4 episodes though so it was back to good by the, undeserved, ending.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

Where's the urinal clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qN5s_PQU7g

The actual best scene would be massive spoilers. Potter's Field

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

with the 48 hour film festival coming up this weekend, I will meditate on this masterclass in turning budget limitations into p. dece stylistic choices

TSCC was really good about delivering impactful scenes on very low budgets. This one for example. It's an end of season 1 spoiler, so be advised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWZFkPiFlkE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Hey, just what you see, pal.

Wrong.