Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Genisys is a bummer because it has a lot of fun ideas and they don’t really come together super well. Young Sarah Connor is a Terminator terminator and is whipping rear end at keeping them at bay, but then they gotta time travel to the future and something something iPhones and Facebook

Dark Fate is probably the best of the films after T2, low bar as it is, and does some good stuff with exploring the psyche of Terminators sort of following what T2 did, and I think stepping up stakes with “there are multiple Terminators on scene at once” is a better raise than T3’s “what if the T-1000 was mechanical instead of liquid”

Unrelated to that,
I took a class on science fiction in college, and the professor bailed like a week before the semester, so the TA taught the course. Terminator and T2 were part of the material (dope) but the instructor kept referring to Arnold as the T-100 and I corrected him in both the T1 and T2 lectures and he still put T-100 on the exam.
He was not a very good instructor. Good class, though. Got exposed to some Eastern European sci-fi from that class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbvk2rQa8wo

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Zugzwang posted:

I've been wondering why he didn't make little bits of himself into daggers that he hurled with insane accuracy and velocity. There's little downside since he can reabsorb them later.

Doesn't the T-1000 in Genisys do this?

Or maybe I'm thinking of the <whatever> in Dark Fate?