Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Terminator 2 is the most overrated movie in existence, the acting is so bad but it gets a pass because a lot of money was thrown at it for the SFX. The concept is cool but it's painful to watch for most of its runtime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I mean, the times its good its 10/10 but it winds up like a 6/10 overall due to just bad performances

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Its mostly this scene/child actor that spoil it for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njS1__eM5U0

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

redshirt posted:

Agreed about Terminator, disagree about Aliens.

The T1 v T2 debate. To be clear, I think we can ALL agree both movies are absolute classics and beloved. So what we're talking about is just nuances, points of subjectivity. Not hating.

So, that said, I think T1 is the far superior movie. One of the all time great horror movies. T2 is awesome, and is a great sci fi movie, but is far more a "Summer Bombastic Box Office!" movie and it certainly succeeds at that. But when I compare the two, that ranks it lower to me than the small, tense, terrifying T1. It's a low budget indie film V the same director being given a bazillion dollars. That director still kicks rear end and makes a classic, but it's an entirely different beast.

Yeah I wasn't hating exactly I just really hate the "have the child actor teach arnold 90's slang for some reason" scene and needed to vent that

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I remember enjoying Fringe back in the day but I knew the later seasons weren't great, but there was also nothing else quite like it so :shrug: