Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I can't support Kyle Reese, not after he stole that hobo's pants, "That son of a bitch took my pants." the hobo wailed. I can't stand that, was like watching a dog get kicked. I understand it's serious business and the whole world is at stake, but there are lines you just don't cross.

Kyle Reese rawdogged Sarah Connor after going commando in those hobo pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST7_WqSlQJI

Just want it on the first page that I bought this game full price and 30 years later I'm still loving furious.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

mllaneza posted:

Atari's Terminator: The War Against The Machines is the worst Terminator game by a wide margin.

Absolutely not. I refer you to the game I'm still so angry about 32 years later I posted about it on the first page of this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST7_WqSlQJI

The video is 11 minutes long, and contains the full game. That includes a restart after a game over 3 minutes in. There's almost no sound effects and music for the whole game, three of the levels are identical, there's a sliding puzzle which is what every kid wants in an action adventure movie adaptation, and your reward for winning is a screen of text. I won't call it the worst licensed game of all time, but it's got to be top five at least. One of those games where when playing it, you do so horrified that it's that bad and hoping the next level will be better in some way... aand nope, it's some cops playing peekaboo over a brick wall while you shoot orange twinkly balls at them.

I had to look up a video of the game you mentioned, and it's peak 2003 crappy FPS gameplay. At least you can move around and shoot a gun, which is guaranteed to keep you amused for more than 8 minutes.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

McSpanky posted:

When you guys are talking about the Terminator 2 EC, do you mean the director's cut or the ultimate edition? The latter includes more than the former, including some stuff that was never intended for any theatrical cut but was thrown in for the DVD in a kitchen-sink, see-how-the-sausage-is-made way like the T-800 trying to smile and T-1000 touch-sensing John's room. The commentary on it is really good, Cameron does a fantastic job of explaining why certain scenes were kept or deleted.

Well now I've no idea which of the longer cuts I've seen. I only know that it killed the pacing and while some scenes were nice, the ones that were bad also made the film too long in the middle.

Not that I want to watch two inferior versions of a great film, but I'd like to know which inferior version I watched.

Did the ultimate edition include that weird alternate/real future ending where an elderly Sarah Connor sits out in the park with her granddaughter? Because I know I didn't see that in the version I watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEaS8X1_gcU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
You're all missing the point. They never taught murder bots to gently caress. They taught sex bots how to kill.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

This was a long suppressed memory. Absolute trashfire in concept and execution. The lyrics are all just about manners and politeness and dealing with social situations... ah yes, the thing we all remember most from Terminator films.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Alright, I got one. Why did the Terminators invent guns that can kill Terminators? When the T-800 is in a 1984 gun shop and asking for a plasma rifle, and in the future war sequences you see all sorts of high tech pew pew.

We know that stuff wasn't invented before Judgement Day. Presumably humans, nearly wiped out in a nuclear war and surviving like rats trying to fight robots and the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust weren't in a position for any weapons R&D programmes. So it had to be the machines deciding to create better weapons, which in turn gave humans weapons they could steal and use to kill machines. If things had stayed at bullets level, the Terminators would have been able to kill humans while being almost indestructible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Man with Hat posted:

Cool to see Colossus: The Forbin Project mentioned, I've been trying to get people to watch that for years. It's good.

This thread got me to watch it again, hadn't seen it for years. It's a little scruffy, but the good kind of old sci-fi that everyone should seek out.