Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

*rattles bottle

Laundry day? Nothing clean??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHiZNeADqKs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wh_XlfHaHY

I be saying that poo poo to myself when I'm confused all the time. The way he says it is just right. It's too real. Just great acting from that dude driving the dump truck.

Terminator is better than Terminator 2. Alien is better than Aliens.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

I actually agree but I generally prefer atmosphere and grit over bombast. Aliens and Terminator 2 are still insanely good tho.

they are all great movies, but I like suspense over action. Just a personal preference

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Parkingtigers posted:

Kyle Reese rawdogged Sarah Connor after going commando in those hobo pants.

Sara Conner was a wild chick

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

It's also canon that the Terminator smelled like poo poo.

also some toddler put ice cream in her pocket

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

Can Terminators gently caress, like do they have dicks

did you not see Arnie's little wiener flopping around in the shadows? I did

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

I expected Dark Fate to be total trash, but it was surprisingly good. Better than T3 for sure. I'm pretty sure that specific IP is dead, but it would be cool if they followed up on it

T3 was trash, but the terminator made her boobs get bigger

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

lonely nerds knew what they were doing

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

Terminator OST is the best thing about the movie.

And that T2 playset looks rad. I miss when toy companies use to just make poo poo up but still seems like it could be a plot to a Terminator movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FErhk4kSMkI

the '90s were a loving wild time

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Aishlinn posted:

the best terminator game was robocop vs terminator. I played the absolute poo poo outta that game as a kid. and the worst is the terminator 2 game for the snes. good LORD is it bad.

we should listen to this person, they speak the truth

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

You have been targeted for termination.

I try to stop this guy sometimes, but he is on a mission

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Wow, what's that about?

are you the worker?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Xenomrph posted:

Credit where it’s due, I’m pretty sure the playset is based on the (:krad:) teaser trailer for T2, which is still one of the best teaser trailers of all time:

https://youtu.be/WqHDPHfZVug?si=QaMU4KUVk2E3HQAK

you're the best.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

favorite pretara song

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

ChairmanMauzer posted:

He's the guy who orders Rico to administrative punishment and then tears up his discharge request.

Pretty sure that is Walter White's brother in law

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

I'm gonna watch and post about all the terminator films and you can't stop me! unless, you know, I get banned or probated or threadbanned or something in which case I guess you can. But I'm gonna watch Salvation, Genysis and Dark Fate anway! and I'm gonna have a really loving bad time because those films suck!

see you in like 16 hours. Hope you had a good time

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

I'm busy for a few days so I won't have time to watch the remaining films straight away. And you know full loving well that i'm going to have a really bad time watching Salvation, Genysis and Dark Fate.

yeah, they suck, Salvation was ok, because of the acting, but the movie sucks

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Xenomrph posted:

I think that was sort of a necessary conceit of bringing in a “new” John Connor equivalent who has no knowledge of her apparently apocalyptic destiny, which is a novel way to spin what’s otherwise an aging franchise constant.

The thing I couldn’t quite wrap my head around was Carl’s dedication to Sarah Connor after he killed John as a child, more specifically the nuts and bolts (no pun intended) of his actions. Like okay I guess I can understand an assassin robot developing a conscience after completing its mission and acting to retroactively subvert its creator, that’s a pretty novel idea for the franchise. Likewise, having time travel “orphans” divorced from their originating timeline is a neat idea that hadn’t been explored before. The thing is, how did it know where and when those other Terminators were going to arrive in the “past”? And more specifically, how could it know about the Rev-9, which wasn’t sent by Skynet and didn’t exist when Carl was presumably sent back?

The one thing Genisys foreshadowed right from jump was that you weren’t viewing the “original” timeline from ‘The Terminator’ and that timeline fuckery was afoot: the T-800 endoskeleton designs are subtly but intentionally different from the “classic” model from the prior 4 films. The ones in the future war prologue are different, Pops is different, and the “1984” Arnold is different.
What would have caused this branch/change isn’t explored, and given that John Connor gets mugged in the future war bit right as Kyle goes back in time implies that no other time travelers are sent after him (such as Pops) which either begs the question of where Pops came from, or if it means time travel doesn’t just create branching timelines, but that there’s a system in place for picking your destination timeline - either Pops was sent to the one that we see play out in the movie, which contained whatever Terminator killed Sarah’s parents, the T-1000 in 1984, revised 1984 Arnold, and Skynet John Connor, or Kyle was sent to a timeline with Pops, the other Terminator, 1984 Arnold, and the T-1000 and then Skynet John followed Kyle to that specific timeline (as opposed to, say, the original one seen in ‘The Terminator’).

I get what you're saying, but, who loving cares? Maybe it's time to take the concept and do something new with it instead of rousing the former Governor of California awake with signs of money. Or maybe just make a new idea, hold on, with the same concepts, but new characters

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

The Terminator and T2 work in the same way that Alien and Aliens work. And none of the sequels do.

Start with a sci-fi horror premise.
Do enough world building that makes us want to know more.
Genuinely menacing sequences of the killer stalking the prey.
Characters we like get killed off.
Protagonist just barely.
Protagonist learns a lesson and is fundamentally changed as a person.
SEQUEL TIME!
Ramp everything up. Multiply the number of baddies*.
Protagonist now has a motherly instinct for child character and turns into a badass momma bear.
More action, more guns, more shooting, more quips.
Protagonist gotta learn to work with things that she hates because of the first film.
Protagonist and child character barely survive.
Protagonist learns a lesson and is fundamentally changed as a person.

*okay so T2 only had one major baddie but factor in the police, the hospital guards etc and I think it counts.

Alien 3 is the only sequel to either franchise that I at least kind of like. It's deeply flawed but it took our protagonist from 2 and put her back into what should have been a horror film. What could possibly be a scarier premise than 'Alien, but now you're trapped with an Alien as well as any number of rapists and murderers, try to get them to cooperate with you because they will all die if they don't but they might just be monsters that don't give a poo poo if they die'?
Except it's largely an action film, like all of the Terminator sequels.

Terminator is a good movie and so is Alien, but their sequels suck, and are are boring

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

T2 and Aliens are both very good films but both are inferior to the Terminator and Alien respectively.

come on my friend

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

040224 posted:

these people and the easy button. good lord talk about robo-addicted

yeah that would be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Montague Tigg posted:

I have watched and enjoyed all of the Alien and Terminator films multiple times and I think this is the reason why

so have I dude. Most of them have sucked!