Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Gnome de plume posted:

These guys would have been perfect for the Saturday morning cartoon I'm almost certain had to have been considered at some point. We got Conan, Rambo, Robocop, we almost had Aliens, surely they thought about it.

That Kromium guy turns into Towering Foe by pushing a springloaded button on his butt that extends his limbs, torso and neck a bit which is apparently a common point of failure for any existing figures. There's a guy who shows how to try repairing it here

I had to look into this and there WAS a planned T2 cartoon at one point! It sounds like it would have taken place in the present time though.

These action figures are so drat goofy though that it sure feels like they were made with a cartoon in mind using the classic 80s formula of cartoon + toys + comics + every branded junk item they could think of. Maybe they were rejected designs from some other franchise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Man with Hat posted:

What bad things do you think the extended cut added? I do not like the bits in the end when the T-1000 is losing control, I liked it a lot better with it being completely fine through everything until it drops into the lava (that I know is not lava but I've called it lava since I was 8 and I don't plan to stop now)

The scene with Dyson is boring and the smile scene is too goofy. The extended part with the toggling the dip switch on the chip should have been left in though.

I liked the parts where the T-1000 is damaged from being frozen… It shows that it is just a machine and that fancy mimetic polyalloy can be damaged. It brings up an interesting thought that maybe the T-1000 wouldn’t last very long; perhaps it would start disintegrating or melting after a few years.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Totally forgot about that scene. Yeah, that’s another one that was cut for good reason

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I didn’t realize there were more than two cuts… I’ve only seen the one included in the Extreme Edition DVD which is apparently the Special Edition cut, not the kitchen-sink Extended Edition.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I don’t think any of the cuts have that scene; it’s always just been a bonus

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I was curious and looked around but didn’t find anything about Harlan Ellison being a sex pest; closest thing was assaulting a woman on stage at an awards show and sticking up for an accused child molester (until that person pleaded guilty). Seemed mostly like a royal rear end in a top hat all around, although he did a lot to promote Ursula K. Le Guin and Octavia Butler among others.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Robert was apparently an alcoholic during that time although he temporarily cleaned up for the movie since he knew he had to take it super seriously. The years following that movie were lost to a haze of drunkenness and substance abuse which he blames for his career never really taking off. If he would have rolled that dedication immediately into his next role he might have become a really big star instead of “merely” a beloved character actor.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

mllaneza posted:

The idea of time traveling murder robots. Specifically from the short story "Demon with a glass hand".

The suit was actually over a different Outer Limits episode called Soldier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I assume the Model 101 using a foreign accent by default is a deliberate SkyNet decision. “Oh he’s foreign, that’s why he acts weird and is a total jerk.” In the first one the T-800 does imitate Sarah’s mother on the phone well enough to get her to give a location though. It feels like a T-800 could be charming if it chose to be, but it seems too primitive to understand that it would probably allow it to accomplish its goal faster and only uses it as a last resort.

Xenomrph posted:

There’s a really slick fan fiction that was on a Terminator fan site that predated T3 that broke down the initial minutes and hours of Skynet’s activation and the initial failure to rein Skynet in before it launched the nukes, I’ll have to see if I can find it again.

Terminator 2029 AD

Edit: reading the news updates on the site and he sadly seems like a bit of a chud - “Herminator: Woke Fate” :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

david_a fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 7, 2024