Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
My favorite episode of TSCC was "Self Made Man", partly because it did the "Terminator arrives in different period" approach.

Sent to assassinate the governor of California at a hotel in 2009, the Terminator accidentally lands in a speakeasy in the twenties. In the process, he also unwittingly kills the guy who would have built the hotel.

So, the Terminator starts a construction business empire in order to ensure the hotel will still be there in the future. The people of the thirties hate him for his egalitarian hiring policies, and find it unusual that he joins in on the work sites himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

Icon Of Sin posted:

Is this the one that had a special tiny room built for him in the target building, powers down for a while, then Kook-Aid Man’s his way through the wall and wrecks his target out of loving nowhere?

That's the one! Smashes his way out dressed like a mobster, and Tommy-guns the governor

In TSCC, Skynet had broader goals for it's robotic agents than just assassinations. A lot of their work is securing resources to help win the war, like stockpiling rare metals.

Meanwhile the future resistance is weirded out that John Connor has had so many robot visitors throughout his lifetime that it's drastically altered future-Connor's outlook on them.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

My favorite Terminator game was Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I really didn't like Dark Fate's conceit of "we defeated skynet and its terminators, but then a *new* supercomputer with the exact same modus operandi appeared, right down to the humanoid robots called terminators."

It did have some great scenes though, the fight between Grace and the Rev-9 in the factory felt properly kinetic and powerful. The way that Rev-9 stands up from the ground conveys an inhuman nature to its movement, like the outer skin is driving it rather than the skeleton inside