Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I can't support Kyle Reese, not after he stole that hobo's pants, "That son of a bitch took my pants." the hobo wailed. I can't stand that, was like watching a dog get kicked. I understand it's serious business and the whole world is at stake, but there are lines you just don't cross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

redshirt posted:

What tha hell??

*lightning strikes an old man's dumpster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wh_XlfHaHY

I be saying that poo poo to myself when I'm confused all the time. The way he says it is just right. It's too real. Just great acting from that dude driving the dump truck.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Terminator is better than Terminator 2. Alien is better than Aliens.

I actually agree but I generally prefer atmosphere and grit over bombast. Aliens and Terminator 2 are still insanely good tho.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The ending scene of Alien is imo just some of the best poo poo ever. Insanely intense, the presence of the Alien coiled up in the wall like some freaky rear end animal crawled into your woodwork and you're trying not to provoke it - that rules hard. The lighting, her trying to stay calm by singing - all just perfect poo poo. That movie is straight up perfect imo.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I think Alien still just sells the xenomorph itself the best. It feels dangerous as everloving poo poo in that movie, which is greatly helped by the actors doing an incredible job of being terrified. Veronica Cartwright does terror so well lol. Also people always poo poo on it like "Oh it's obviously just moving like some guy in a suit" but that enhances it for me? The alien in the first movie is also the one that feels like a really weird, inscrutable mirror of humanity. It has our proportions, it has the weird skull face under its dome head, it's freakishly lanky, it's like if bugs had developed into human shape but kept all the remorselessness and single-minded instinctual drives.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The queen is cool as gently caress too and has her own presence, which is a lot bigger, but it's like the difference between a bear trying to whup ur rear end and getting stalked by a mountain cat.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Parkingtigers posted:

Kyle Reese rawdogged Sarah Connor after going commando in those hobo pants.

It's also canon that the Terminator smelled like poo poo.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

sad question posted:

There's a terminator queen??

Yea the dude he steals the clothes from in terminator 3

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Toxic Mental posted:

Can Terminators gently caress, like do they have dicks

You can basically see Arnold's dick in T1 so yea

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

steinrokkan posted:

Absolutely, there's this one weird scene of about five frames where it looks like the guy in the costume is doing jazz hands, but other than that the original xenomorph design is pretty much perfect and all the attempts to "improve" it for the sequels just gradually brought it closer to a generic bug monster

It's the scene where Dallas gets caught in the vents and the Alien reaches towards the camera lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

There was a good Terminator game i played on the GameCube forgot the name

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gnome de plume posted:

You mean the punk played by Brian Thompson? He got a pretty rough fisting.

One for the OP's video game section: apparently there's something called Terminator Survivors due about October this year. Not much known other than being set 4 years after Judgement Day, and open world survival. Make of that what you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL7vXLspcpE

The music in the trailer for that game is insanely bad and makes me laugh every time

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Quote-Unquote posted:

Sorry, I mean the bit I was talking about is inexplicably missing from the extended cut.

I'm not a fan of the extended cut in general, but I do actually like seeing the T1000 start to fail. I think it helps explain why it goes loving nuts on Arnie, slowing down its pursuit of John, instead of just leaving him trapped. It's simply not functioning with the same level of ruthless calculation as before.

The scene switching on Arnie's learning mode is also kinda cool if only because it's really interesting how they filmed it.

The extra bits with Dyson, Sarah's dream in the hospital and the Max killing aren't very good - the first two because they gently caress with the pacing and the third because it's just pointless; it's obvious that the T1000 would realise that it has been tricked without needing to confirm the dog's name and kill him for no real reason.

At first I thought it was just missing from the EC that I saw on TV, but then it was missing from my old DVD too. I have three 4k blu ray of the original cut and no other version now so I can't check to confirm.

The Terminators are programmed to kill haters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I never watched that Terminator tv show. Was it any good?

Its aight. Prob worth watching for how weirdly it has aged